Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

man sitting at the edge of a rooftop

Hello,

I am facing problems to making a man sit at the edge of a rooftop. Whereever I put him he always drops down to the lower level.

I tried lots of different combinations but none seems to work. The best positioning results I achieved with setPosASL but still he apparently seems to glitch down. Any way to realy hardcode him at a certain altitude?

Any clue of what else I could try? Any way to try attachto here?

sit.jpg

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Hi,

There is a animation for that (sitting in a wall), you are using a animation for sitting in a chair, maybe that is your problem?

_neo_

You could try attachtoing him to a invis helipad or something. :)

trying out both right now. The H strangely lets itself position quite well, I get the person to the right altitude, but the animation is screwed. The person constantly turns to the left and back like an endless loop. I checked out other animations but it doesnt help.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

trying out both right now. The H strangely lets itself position quite well, I get the person to the right altitude, but the animation is screwed. The person constantly turns to the left and back like an endless loop. I checked out other animations but it doesnt help.

Use disableAI "ANIM".

Disabling the Anim certainly works! Unfortunately I need them to keep moving a little so they dont look too rigid.

Nevertheless I found the solution. Both, the target object of the "attachto" command as well as the person to sit on top have to face the exact same direction when the mission starts. Dont ask me why.