option to disable

Enemy strength

varying numbers of Narco rebels poorly equipped with basic weaponry

Aprox Mission times

45 mins

Briefing

--------

* Part I - River Raid

Intercepted Narco communications have revealed details of a large shipment of Lingorian blue flake pure cocainedestined for the shores of Europe.

As part of the Royal Navys anti-narcotic task force your team of commandos is tasked with locating and destroying the shipment.

The narcotics are loaded on a fishing boat in the settlement of Pancho and are to be transported to an airstrip for distribution across Europe. A well placed hand grenade should be enough to send the boat along with its deadly cargo to the bottom of the creek.

----------------------

* Part II- Pinion

Intel recovered from operations in Pancho has revealed the whereabouts of a Narco airfield from where Blueflake is transported to Europe. Raid the Narco's airstrip and close it down, Blow up the Air traffic control tower.

---------------------

* Part III- Killing Valdez

Notorius cartel leader Valdez Migeul (aka El Matador) is staying at one of his mansions in the islands over seeing the development of a nearby Drugs manufacturing plant.

Assault the mansion grounds and eliminate El Matador. Your team are to also close down the nearby drugs manufacturing plant.

Mission requirements

---------------------------------------

Island Lingor

African foilage

MBG Buildings

IBR plants

Lingor units

ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead

British Armed Forces (recommended)

Download mission pack

As always any feedback / bug reports /comments will be more than welcome.

Best wishes shark-attack

Edited by shark-attack
update info

We had much fun playing the mission today. Just make sure, that you take an RPG with you to destroy the Boat.

Yo Shark!

I would love to see:

- Ability to change number of revives, like in your other missions.

- A weapon/ammo box in camp and backpacks

- Harder resistance:

Ex.

More badguys in the buildings

A mounted SUV patroling the road

As a true RTY-mission addict I'll keep on play'em, awsome work m8

Hey Bodybag

I plan on adding a little more to mission, working on a drug manufacturing plant as a secondary objective just waiting on IceBreaker to release his Lingor units before updating. Will also include revive set up in update.

Pleased to hear you enjoy playing RTY missions :-)

many thanks for taking time to post comments

Best wishes shark-attack.

updated v 1.2

-------------

Change log:1.2

* Added second objective. (Destroy narco s plane )

* Added Norrins revive.

* Added 2 x potential spawn points for team to secure

* Altered Commando teams loadout (backpacks and pistols included)

* Reworked enemy AI ( 85% spawn as required)

* lots of other bits and bobs added

download link in top post

Edited by shark-attack

I hope i have not ruined it.

Would be great if you lads could let me know.

(The drug manufacturing plant im gonna save for another time)

Best wishes shark-attack

Edited by shark-attack

We tried to play.it yesterday but it wouldn't load. I guess the error is 100% on our side as it was.quite late yesterday lol (or should i say today?) :’(

We've returned to the "scene of the crime" in the new 1.2... and boy we were suprised :)

Quick AAR:

We grabbed weapons from the crate and boarded the zodiacs. We disembarked close to the first boathouse and we pressed on while covering 360. I spotted an enemy below the guard tower and did a quick double-tap on him. Then all hell broke out... after a long battle we entered the target boathouse and blew up zodiac... remembering from a previous mission that drugs are usually loaded on a bigger boat we frantically ran back through the village... and spotted drugdealers running away with the boat about 600m away... we run like crazy and put couple of mags into the boat from the distance... we finally caught it and put it down to the bottom... pheew, barely. Then we siezed the red landrover from the village and did a 4x4 challenge by racing it to the hill top. There we almost drove over a druglord's patrol. We've debussed quickly and killed all of them in matter of seconds. We cleared the houses and used old 23mm on the airplane. Then we called the lynx that brought us back to ship. Beer-time.

Hey IceBreakr

Nice AAR , many thanks for taking time to post.

I hope you enjoyed. Any bugs encountered or any ideas on how i can improve it?

Maybe i should add a radio message informing the commando's that the boat is trying to escape as an extra heads up to avoid confusion ?

(Info on the targets including satellite images of target locations are included in the intel page of briefing)

Mr Charles let me know if you manage to get things working mate

many thanks lads shark-attack.

Edited by shark-attack

Good mission, played it through yesterday!

The boat thingie wasn´t really confusing, as the satelite pic clearly shows what kind of boat we´re searching for. Yet, we´ve had four guys blast the other one to pieces before somebody mentioned that satelite info might be a few days old. Went on for a brief search, found the right boat, job done.

We then took the extraction zone, destroyed the plane with gracuiously placed ZU23 but no helo came (no option to call it either), which led to some crazy "hey let´s jump our cars off that cliff" event... :D

Overall very enjoyable and most importantly, fitting to our playing style :p

hi Mr Burns

Upon approaching the extraction zone a hint should be shown informing of a new radio option for team leader which allows extraction call.

It always showed during testing ill take another look. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah the last part is a bit confusing. There we were looking what else to do... we even climbed the radar station to get the option to call the chopper :) then we noticed ppl in the airport building and we cleared that. Still nothing... well, I found one more rebel up on the hill near the sat-dish and when we killed him we got the option for a chopper. It seems you need to clear the whole area to be able to extract.

I took a look in editor and i can see where the confusion is coming from, i have extraction options still fired by civilian presence from testing :o

I will rework extraction call in v 1.3, will also rework the timings of Narco's spawn, they seem a little heavy at initial contact.

Many thanks lads for the heads up

Edited by shark-attack

updated to v 1.3

Changelog:

* Added Tropical storm to mask insertion.

* Tweaked spawn timings for Narco gunmen.

* Added short helicopter ride to new objectives.

* Added 3rd objective (Kill Cartel leader).

* Added 4th objective (Destroy Narco's Drug Manufacturing Plant).

* Fixed extraction issues from v 1.2

* Friendly AI configured to revive player units.

Was in two minds weather to release the 3rd and 4th objectives as a new mission but the performance remains good with them included, adds another 30 mins or less to mission time.

Any feedback bug reports would be great.

Just finished playing the mission through, very nice. The extra objectives make a nice addition.

We found three small issues though:

• Narco boat got stuck enroute out
  • Mobile respawn point didn't work, kept respawning us at RV1
  • Helo Extraction didn't quite work, it landed in the trees and got stuck, had to shoot the pilot and take over to complete

Hey thanks for the heads up Bear,

I never encountered any problems during final testing so many thanks for pointing them out.

Ill take another look in editor see if i can find the problem.

Best wishes mate.

edit

updated v 1.4

Changelog:

* Removed mobile spawn option.

* Added fourth potential spawn point.

* Reworked Narco's boat escape route.

* Repositioned extraction zone. (not a tree within 100 meters)

As always any feedback will be more than welcome.

Edited by shark-attack

Gonna go back to back the drawing board with this one.

The new units for Lingor will be included, will also break it down into several scenarios rather than a long tiresome drawn out co op.

Will try to include a realistic UK / US Special Forces team structure in an advisory role to Lingorian forces.

To who it may concern.

A Sterling job with the Lingor units (Great work)

Gonna "kiss" this one ! Like my old man used to say

"Keep It Simple Son"

Edited by shark-attack

Sounds good on the update to the new units, played it again last night and went through without any issues.

I do like the way it is now though with multi-tasks to be completed.

Nice mission but I cant save the mission for life. THere is no option to save the mission and play later.

Should it be so?

Hi mate

there is no save game feature on this mission, this is something i overlooked. We mainly play it as a co op and usually complete it in a session. I will add a save game feature in the new broken down scenarios for a mission pack i am working on.

Great shark-attack nice to hear that from you.

You are damn good mission maker and im talking for all your missions I played until now :)