Sign in to follow this  
joehunk

New server running ACE 1.6 port of Warfare BE

Hi all. I have just put up a dedicated server running a version of Warfare BE 2.065 that has been ported to run with ACE 1.6. The port is very minimalistic...I simply added some of the missing equipment ACE needs (earplugs, rangefinder batteries) and added some of the ACE weapons and ACE versions of vehicles.

Vital stats:

Server name: Chux ACE 1.6 Warfare BE

ACE version needed: 1.6 stable + CBA hot fix

Base game: Combined Operations 1.56

You can download ACE 1.6 from ace.dev-heaven.net, or we have an AddonSync server running with the auto-config URL:

http://www.blackcompanywow.com/ArmA/repository/ace_repository.7z

Once again this is a minimal port mostly to get ACE weapons (which add a lot more stuff to OPFOR by the way), vehicles, damage system, windage, and other stuff like that. Wounding and ACE repair are currently off.

We usually play evenings US time, but the server should be up most of the time.

Update: There was another ACE port of Warfare BE under development, but it looks like as of today they are stopping development on it. Therefore, I plan on releasing this mission soon (next couple days) after some additional testing, and I will continue to add to it.

Edited by Joehunk

Another update.

We were having some issues with the server causing it to report 2500 or "?" ping in the server browser, which I am sure was making us unpopular. I traced this down to an issue in the GameSpy negotiation that I have a couple (rather involved) workarounds for, so starting tonight we should see the server with a real ping.

I think we have all the issues worked out now, although we haven't played a game yet since I got the server up. We'll probably be playing tonight (US Time) though if everything is working.

Note that the ACE team has released a hot fix for the @CBA mod that you will need to take, that fixes an issue introduced in the 1.56 patch. You can get this from our AddonSync server, described in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110967

...or you can download it yourself from ace.dev-heaven.net.

If you have trouble connecting, please post here.

I have also released the mission .pbos we are using, also in the post above.

Edited by Joehunk

Had a couple people trying to join get bounced from some issue with the new PMC expansion. Should be working now.

The server is in Texas, USA. What is the ping you are seeing? I have had multiple people play it from all over the US and they all report "green" (i.e., less than 100) pings. If you are overseas I imagine it is higher...I rarely see a ping below 150 to an overseas server. Of course, I have played several overseas servers with pings of up to 250 and (at least to my mind) have never had any playability issues.

I did have an issue where the ping was always showing as "2500" in red, but this was a Gamespy networking issue I have worked around. This has been fixed since about last Thursday.

EDIT:

I see you are in Germany which I am sure explains why the ping is not lightning fast. I am still curious what ping you are getting though.