Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Battlestar Galactica Ships| Space Map

MMA Galactica teaser (Asteroid Field Map required)

Test mission with MMA script suite including the following setups:

viper1:

Viper1 AA missiles (green trail) IR

lg80 AA missiles (blue trail) Radar

Navigation HUD mode

ECM + countermeasures

viper2:

Viper1 AA missiles (green trail) IR

lg80 AA missiles (blue trail) Radar

lg80 AG missiles (blue trail) Radar LO-HI-LO profile

Navigation HUD mode

Helmet Mounted Sight allowing sight aiming

ECM + countermeasures

raptor:

Unarmed

Navigation HUD mode

ECM + countermeasures

CylonRaider:

Cylon AA missiles (red trail) Radar

Navigation HUD mode

ECM + countermeasures

So far no systems added for the transports while some mando turret guns might be a good option for them.

In the mission you can fly in any fighter to test the systems, you may use the lg80 in AG mode against few opfor tanks near an airfield.

Edited by Mandoble

Greatstuff. I remember someone modelled the Galactica herself for "ArmA", but there was little you could do with it. Love to see the Old Bucket in this.

Greatstuff. I remember someone modelled the Galactica herself for "ArmA", but there was little you could do with it. Love to see the Old Bucket in this.

Try reading the rest of the post. I let everyone know a few pages back that they work fine in ARMA2.

Great work, very nice models. They will be working great with stargate addon.

By the way, do you plan to relase yours hatak from SG?

Uhh... just so you know guys, these ships are not related to Stargate in any way. The Stargate ships, such as the hatak etc. have already been released by the Stargate mod. They just haven't allowed any mirrors yet.

lol @ the SG bit mind you id like to see the F-302 or a SA-43 Hammerhead from the tv prog Space Above & Beyond but any way love the vipers but i think they need a bit more speed

@e0s888

Yep, eventually. I would have to seperate it like I did with the battlestar (compare my notices at the end of the post) as it just doesn't work if you create such large ships as a real vehicle.

___

Ok, new testing version here (please do not mirror this yet) :

http://www.filefront.com/17594338/bsg_test_v_09c.7z

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3018654/bsg_test_v_09c.7z.html

V 0.9c

===========

- added Pegasus Model (No geo lod, no weapons, no hot cylons hidden in the brig...) (see notes at the end of this post)

- fixed Viper MKVII cockpit texture errors

- added Combat Raptor with 2x 15 launcher-mounted rockets, 2x 9 smaller launcher rockets and a 3x KEW

- 8 additional rockets mounted under the belly of the ship aren't included yet (would anyone need them anyway... ;) )

- changed external view values

- added custom wrecks to the Cylon Raider and Viper MKVII

V 0.9b (Previous changelog)

=============

- doubled ai attack range, fighters may open fire earlier now

- added fighters without missiles and only main guns (Cylon and Colonial)

- added cockpits to the two vipers, using blazer01+ebles Viper model work and the AH64 glass rvmats/textures (Thanks :) )

- I replaced some of the cockpit textures with BSG computer screens

- added custom wreck to the Viper MKII: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...board03-20.jpg

Battlestars

The problem with the large ships is that their geometry is simply too large to be rendered, anything leaving a certain radius (I think it's 64m) will not be displayed correctly, the geometry will be "cut off".

As a workaround I split up the pegasus into several parts. In theory this should work by keeping the geometry in single parts, but strangely enough it works for some of the front parts which are larger than the launch tube/deck, but not for the deck itself.

The geometry parts I added for the launch deck aren't used somehow although they're smaller. I had many tries on it, but I fear I'm hitting my head into the wall here.

I then created a simple box geometry and made it 2 times larger than one of my flightdeck geometry parts and it couldn't be fired through, as intended. But it won't work for my custom geo lod (which is also a box, just abit less in height).

I weighted the parts in the geo lod, used component convex and hull and sharp lines... but it won't work :crazy_o:

Fresh ideas welcome.

Edited by Icewindo

Sorry but 2shared.com is kind of...shit? First it blinks me a big fat fake "download" option in my face, then when I click on the tiniy little button in the far right corner, it gives me an error message :D

Ice, maybe you could take a look if possible at how was the carrier done in A2, it is also splitted in several parts, if I'm not mistaken

EDIT : And I forgot : I missed this addon, but as others pointed out, this is frakking awesome!

Sorry but 2shared.com is kind of...shit? First it blinks me a big fat fake "download" option in my face, then when I click on the tiniy little button in the far right corner, it gives me an error message :D

Ok, I'll add a new, one, no problem. I didn't know there were any ads (using adblock).

edit:

http://www.filefront.com/17594338/bsg_test_v_09c.7z

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3018654/bsg_test_v_09c.7z.html

Ice, maybe you could take a look if possible at how was the carrier done in A2, it is also splitted in several parts, if I'm not mistaken

EDIT : And I forgot : I missed this addon, but as others pointed out, this is frakking awesome!

Thanks, yep, I'm doing it the "carrier way". I just need a whole lot more parts since a battlestar is about 1.5km long. :butbut:

Edited by Icewindo

Icewindo, can you change the config of the guns so that their ammo dont derive from a missile?

class CylonRailblast: M_AT5_AT

Icewindo, can you change the config of the guns so that their ammo dont derive from a missile?

class CylonRailblast: M_AT5_AT

But then there are no model tracers? I had it configured once to use bullets, but the custom KEW tracers went away. It would look strange with normal mg/assault rifle tracers.

What about using rockets? If possible, anything but missiles. ATM the guns are also missile launchers, you can even lock for a fraction of second. With MMA active the fired rounds are interpreted as missiles (because they are), so that you have a burst of undesired guided bullets, and dozens of missile launch warnings.

What about using rockets? If possible, anything but missiles. ATM the guns are also missile launchers, you can even lock for a fraction of second. With MMA active the fired rounds are interpreted as missiles (because they are), so that you have a burst of undesired guided bullets, and dozens of missile launch warnings.

Ah ok, I was allready wondering why I would get a lock on sometimes with the guns. I misunderstood, I thougt I had to change the ammo of the guns.

It's no problem changing the weapons specifcations, the ammo class decides if custom modelled tracers will be used.

Here's a version with the guns changed to derive from M134s and also some other stuff.

The new settings however make the guns sound like miniguns and the description is not right. Still looking into how to change that, had problems deriving new values with the firing modes.

http://www.filefront.com/17622835/bsg_test_v09d.7z

Mirror might take a minute to be able to download from - just uploaded it.

(please don't mirror yet)

V 0.9d

=============

- added wrecks to the raptor, combat raptor and the freighter

- added first version of viper pilots to fly colonial aircraft

- added new metal signs to the Viper MKII that will be used as hiddenSelections in the future to allow multiple names (Starbuck, Kat, Husker...)

- (since 0.9c, but I forgot to tell it) added vapor trail memory points :

see http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85103&page=2 and put

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "CA\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\misc\aircraftvapour.sqf";

into the init line of spacecraft that should use vapor trails

Yeah, the minigun sound doesnt really cut it... Also, crank up the turning rate of those Vipers, remember, 0.35 seconds or something for a 180° degree turn. :DAt the moment they turn like bricks.

Very nice work on the pilots, Im amazed how fast and in which quality you create those addons. (Even if you got the models from some open-source site)

Icewindo, the problem is still there as the guns are firing missiles. Cannot you use unguided rockets for the guns instead of missiles (nothing derived from MissileBase)?

Icewindo, the problem is still there as the guns are firing missiles. Cannot you use unguided rockets for the guns instead of missiles (nothing derived from MissileBase)?

He should. Dont know what changed since OFP, but back then I used FFARs as a base class for this "plasma cannon": http://s12.directupload.net/images/100323/49lx9xvr.jpg

Got some code working for Zero-G fight (only for player, though) that gives interesting results, even if it's still a bit buggy (big issue when doing complete flip over).

I'm just out of a heck of a dogfight :)

Problem with Zero-G physics is in controls. Controlling the Viper in all axis requires a lot of keys/mouse axis.

Currently, I've set up control of pitch and roll via mouse, added yaw on keys (acting like rudder), main engine power on keys too, and I need now to add the all axis thrusts (vertical, horizontal, and reverse) with corresponding controls, and find a smart way of giving control to the main engine.

If I can get over the issues with some attitude of the aircraft going haywire, I think Zero-G fighting in these beasts is definitely possible.

I tried that in many variations now, but I can't get the fighters to attack eachother (even with using unguided ammo/weapons as base) that way. If I set air=Lock to false, the guiding sound will go away, but the fighters will stop firing at eachother.

It looks like even when using unguided missiles (which the guns are basically), they need to be lockable on AirTargets to be used by the AI.

The relevant settings:

irLock=false;

airLock=true;

laserLock=false;

_________

Here's a screen of the Pegasus Geometry. The red shows the allready completed geometry. I had to keep the parts of the geo lod at a small size as otherwise I could shoot straight through it.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/pegasus_geo.jpg

Ok, then what about using at least ammo derived from "Rocketbase" instead of "MissileBase" for these guns?

Might be this way the incoming missile problem when firing guns might be gone.

Hey dudes,

just so if anybody wants to work on this further or learn by studying the files, here are the mlods for the units + space ships as I'm on "modding leave":

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ky61s304biblmp

Feel free to use these for addons or improve the current addon and thank Coxxon for these awesome ships :bounce3:

Sorry I didn't follow up back then, Mandoble , afaik I tried using Rocketbase and there were still targeting beeps over enemy spacecraft, I think the incomings were gone though.

Edited by Icewindo

... as I'm on "modding leave"

I learnt that on the SG forum, but i still find it sad :(

Edited by ProfTournesol