Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Battlestar Galactica Ships| Space Map

When Blazor01 did his Vipers we used the BIS AV8 cockpit to give them something at least.

If you could get hold of blazor01 I could release the source files with cockpit etc to Icewindo.

Thanks nuggets :) . Yep, Coxxon didn't include cockpits in the ship models, so they would have to be created.

When Blazor01 did his Vipers we used the BIS AV8 cockpit to give them something at least.

If you could get hold of blazor01 I could release the source files with cockpit etc to Icewindo.

Good idea with the AV8, if the instruments get replaced with some dradis texture, it will look okay.

I had a google at reference pics, but didn't find anything directly from the show yet. Only found cockpits of other BSG mods :)

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/13/12096/thumb_620x2000/eyeofjupitercockpit.jpg

http://www.moddb.com/games/diaspora/images/viper-mk-ii-cockpit

Edited by Icewindo

great job! finally something outside of the box.

cheers mate!

I've sent the Arma1 source files to Icewindo.

Brilliant stuff! The various ships is great but the map is even more icing, now we can have fights in space. Definately playing around with this one.

P.S. - where did you get the picture of prewar vipers?

It's a screencap from

PS. Thanks for the info on that BF2 mod, gonna look it up for sure.

-----------------------------

I had a google at reference pics, but didn't find anything directly from the show yet. Only found cockpits of other BSG mods
'

In that case I hope this comes in handy ;)

collection of BSG prop-auction pics

Edited by topas

@Eble it's ok with me if you what to give him the source files for this mod and i like what i see lad top work you have dun

Hard to control in 3rd-person and the distance at which A.I. will switch to machineguns needs to be increased. Also, I missed the ability to do a quick turn-about with maneuvering thrusters on the newer Viper.

Otherwise, a very nice distraction.

Here's video...

COij96n0osw

Well, my question was a bit more related to the weapons actually included in the addon.

@Eble it's ok with me if you what to give him the source files for this mod and i like what i see lad top work you have dun
I've sent the Arma1 source files to Icewindo.

Thanks guys, this is really cool stuff. I allready added some windows to the cockpit using the AH64 glass and rvmats, looks nice. I got the MFD to display, but no luck on getting the compass and virtual horizon to spin yet.

@Uziyahu--IDF

Thanks for the vid and points, also try to set the brightness to lower levels. The white in the stars seems to be causing all that bloom as everything in clear white will shine in the ArmA world.

Well, my question was a bit more related to the weapons actually included in the addon.

Yep that's a good point. I made all of them AA in fear of the AI not using them else.

Or would this work by proper config work? I based the main guns ammo allready on the "M_AT5_AT" and the magazine and weapon on the "2A46MRocket".

I guess it seems more logical that the missile launcher rockets would be unguided and external rockets may have guidance systems. But then there would only be like 2 guided missiles.

Where I got some info on weaponry:

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Viper_Mark_II

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Viper_Mark_VII

Edited by Icewindo

Icewindo, Im creating a full MMA setup for these units, and MMA doesnt care about how the missiles are configured in the addon, but what is the real purpose for them, if AA only, AA/AG, AG, etc. Even if a weapon is missing in the config, it may be added as virtual weapon and will fire as a normal one.

THIS is frakking awesome !

:respekt:

Edited by seelix

... deleted, see this post for newer version....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1802849&postcount=59

What's new

- doubled ai attack range, fighters may open fire earlier now

- added fighters without missiles and only main guns (Cylon and Colonial)

- added cockpits to the two vipers, using blazer01+ebles Viper model work and the AH64 glass rvmats/textures (Thanks :bounce3: )

- I replaced some of the cockpit textures with BSG computer screens

- added custom wreck to the Viper MKII: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/Clipboard03-20.jpg

Still need to:

- add wrecks for Viper MKVII and Cylon Raider

- fix cockpit for Viper MKVII

- fix the MFD position (it seems to be off abit? or what do you guys think)

I also thought of adding countermeasures to some of the newer fighters. Configwise this should be done for some of the vehicles. I added

LockDetectionSystem = 8;

IncommingMisslieDetectionSystem = 16;

to the raptor and ViperMK7. To the Viper MKII I only added the LockDetectionSystem. I dunno if that's all to do.

Being cryptical, you might find something that's hidden deep in the pbo there. I had a test on a technique to allow something cool in the future and it worked. Will try to work on that.

So say we all! (I hope)

----------------

Did this came out of nowhere, like the attack on the Colonies, or did I miss any WIP threads on it?

Many thanks for this!

(from a guy who likes both BSG and ST)

Thanks, it's all my brothers fault. He started watching BSG so it was just a matter of time. I allready had converted the cylon raider in May this year but I lost interest after watching Season 4. Seeing the first season with all those nice battles I just had to pick it up again. The first release was done in 2 longer afternoons, so yeah, it was kind of a surprise attack :p .

Icewindo, Im creating a full MMA setup for these units, and MMA doesnt care about how the missiles are configured in the addon, but what is the real purpose for them, if AA only, AA/AG, AG, etc. Even if a weapon is missing in the config, it may be added as virtual weapon and will fire as a normal one.

Ah okay, are there "unguided AA" rockets in MMA that the AI will use on enemies?

I must say I didn't try out MMA alot yet.

Edited by Icewindo

Great work guys, really cool project. The wait was worth it :)