Sign in to follow this  
Marshall300

Rasman Joint Use Airfield

arma2oa2010112704291734.jpg

Here's a template of Military-Civil joint use airfield based in Rasman. The main idea was to make it look like something between Bagram and Kandahar Intl, only smaller... The perimeter is mostly secured by various guardposts and checkpoints, but for the sake of FPS i decided not to make any patrols.

Required addons: You'll need Arma 2 CO with at least patch 1.54 installed

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

opxmisc.pbo from Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village

MLV Objects

EddyD's soft shelter

DOWNLOAD LINK

Just extract to My Documents/Arma 2/Missions and open in editor.

arma2oa2010112706004641.th.jpg arma2oa2010112705555455.th.jpg arma2oa2010112705425031.th.jpg arma2oa2010112705543564.th.jpg

Screenshots of the facilities:

UN compound

Hospital

Prison

Main gate

Visitors parking

VIP parking

Living quarters 1

Living quarters 2

Restricted area entrance

Logistics area

Vehicle compound

The Base

Fuel Depot

Flightline

Thanks to everyone who was involved in making of addons used in this template.

Edited by Marshall300

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

I put the full list of optional addons on the news and downloadpage, I just didin't want to clutter this topic with a huge post.

[

Edited by Nightrain

Ermm... For some reason theres nothing on the airfield.. In the editor yes but once you preview everything is gone.. Maybe I screwed something up in the Sqm?

Edit: So for some reason everything thats a 3rd party addon wont show up..

Edited by jakethesnake245

I'm missing an addon "extra_vehicles". Any thoughts?

I'm having the same problems as Jake: no vehicles are showing up in-game.

How does this thing run in MP???

Got the prev rasman Airbase template, and it killed my mission in MP Coop

Maybe too many objs for MP.

Cheers

GC

Well, for some reason it seems it won't show items that were placed on map after the missing addon items, even if you edit the .sqm, which is odd because I used this method without any problems for other missions... So for now I made all addons required, sorry for that, but that's the easiest way to run this template for now. Soon I'm gonna try to make a Lite Version with most of the 3rd party addons removed or replaced though that might kill the initial atmosphere on some levels.

How does this thing run in MP???

Got the prev rasman Airbase template, and it killed my mission in MP Coop

Maybe too many objs for MP.

You can say for sure it WILL lag, other than that if everyone else has all the addons it should go fine...

Edited by Marshall300

sounds good. Can you confirm the addon for the extra vehicles is the one that Foxhound suggested? I'm still having trouble getting it to load without errors or simply crashing.

Tried the extra vehicals, still get all the base showing up in the editor, but when previewed half of it isn't there. :(

First post updated. Now it requires much less addons, only those that were impossible to replace without screwing up the whole template concept. Download link is in the first post.

Permission for City Life addons has not yet been given please remove any City Life content and disable the link to down load till permission hase been given and verified.

You send a pm to me yesterday to ask for permission and before I can answer you post a link at Armaholic to the addons. I am waiting word from the rest of the guys to see if it is ok for you to use the addons.

Once again, I asked for a permission to make a separate download so people wouldn't need to use YomaTools, what we got here is just an instruction on how to download it from City Life public server. Let's indeed wait for the rest of guys.

The link is for City Life members as I have told you in a PM. The addons are still Betas and have not been finalized yet. Mods please remove links till permission is confirmed.

I have just confirmed with Armatec and Bluevein that no permission was given to use or link the City Life addons. Mods please remove the links to City Life content.

Armaholic has already removed the download link. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12756

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

Removed the download link here too since the thread starter refuse to do so.

Thread locked until the permission issue is solved.

arma2oa2010112704291734.jpg

Here's a template of Military-Civil joint use airfield based in Rasman. The main idea was to make it look like something between Bagram and Kandahar Intl, only smaller... The perimeter is mostly secured by various guardposts and checkpoints, but for the sake of FPS i decided not to make any patrols.

Required addons: You'll need Arma 2 CO with at least patch 1.54 installed

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

opxmisc.pbo from Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village

MLV Objects

EddyD's soft shelter

DOWNLOAD LINK

Just extract to My Documents/Arma 2/Missions and open in editor.

arma2oa2010112706004641.th.jpg arma2oa2010112705555455.th.jpg arma2oa2010112705425031.th.jpg arma2oa2010112705543564.th.jpg

Screenshots of the facilities:

UN compound

Hospital

Prison

Main gate

Visitors parking

VIP parking

Living quarters 1

Living quarters 2

Restricted area entrance

Logistics area

Vehicle compound

The Base

Fuel Depot

Flightline

Thanks to everyone who was involved in making of addons used in this template.

Hi!

have you used a tool to place the objects???

Hey there, first post in the BIS-Forum with a problem already, I hope maybe the addon-maker or others could help!

Well, first of all, the screenshots of Rasman Airfield look amazing! Thats why I want to use this map/template for a mission of mine but I can't load it into the editor.

Situation: I have downloaded the addon and put it in MyDocuments/Arma2OA/MyProfilesName/missions and I can load it from the Map Takistan in the editor.

I also downloaded Afghan Village and put even all the .pbos that were in there in an addon-folder in the main directory.

I also downloaded the editor upgrade, the softshelters and the MLV_objects, for which I also had to download 2 types of eventhandler but that I did too.

I therefore can load the map on Takistan but get an error-message as follows:

'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. cabuildings2_misc_cargo, caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWheeled2_TowingTravtor, CAWheeled2_LAV25"'

When I start ArmA2 OA I also get an error message on the mainscreen, maybe it has something to do with that?

'No entry "bin\config.bin\CfgVehicles/VWGolf.scope"'

I have tried the last 2 days figuring out what the problem could be but I don't get it. And yes, I had at lates Version 1.54, now I even have 1.59.79384 - anybody knows some help? Would be great, thx in advance.

Flash :D

Those errors are due to you not owning ARMA 2.

Those errors are due to you not owning ARMA 2.

Thx for your help, but can't be, I have Combined Ops ;)

And I installed OA the way it was supposed to be in the installation process. So where could here be the error?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

The paths look as follows right now, did I maybe screw something up here?

D:\Games\BIS\ArmA2CombinedOps(this is the normal A2)\BIS\ArmA2OA\ X <- and here are several addons.

How else should I have installed the games?

Thx for your help, but can't be, I have Combined Ops ;)

And I installed OA the way it was supposed to be in the installation process. So where could here be the error?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

The paths look as follows right now, did I maybe screw something up here?

D:\Games\BIS\ArmA2CombinedOps(this is the normal A2)\BIS\ArmA2OA\ X <- and here are several addons.

How else should I have installed the games?

put them in your ArmA2CO folder instead of the ArmA2OA maybe it'll work

put them in your ArmA2CO folder instead of the ArmA2OA maybe it'll work

Perfect, that was it, the all the folders and data from the OA folder is now in ArmA2 and it works, thanks very much! :D

And btw: huge base, sweet addon :eek: