Sign in to follow this  
tommo8993

Real life.

I plan to buy this game but i think it would be 1000 times better if it was a real life carrier e.g. nimitz class and set in the present day. Now i'm not asking you to change the whole game but will it be mod-able to make this happen.

Battlestations: Midway is the closest thing to Carrier Command you can get with RL units. Although I think it's fairly certain that such units will be either modded into the game by the community or added by BIS.

Perhaps us dedicated fans could make a wish known to the developers?

Mine would be a real-life carrier sim, based on the engine/development on the Carrier Command game.

I mean, much of the stuff needed, at least as far as I can tell (which probably isn't much I admit) are basically there when CC is finished and we have yet to see a Modern Carrier Sim out there.

Just a wish, BIS, it's up to you.

Perhaps us dedicated fans could make a wish known to the developers?

Mine would be a real-life carrier sim, based on the engine/development on the Carrier Command game.

I mean, much of the stuff needed, at least as far as I can tell (which probably isn't much I admit) are basically there when CC is finished and we have yet to see a Modern Carrier Sim out there.

Just a wish, BIS, it's up to you.

As Celery said, you only need to hope that CC is being made according BIS "open" and "mod-friendly" philosophy and then it is only a matter of time before somebody creates different models, scenarios etc. If you are not familiar with other BIS games I suggest you take a look at "ARMA 2 & Operation Arrowhead -> ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE" on this forum to get the general idea of what skilled addon makers can do with BIS games...

In that case i'd say to hell with the carrier, and make it a Prehistoric age sim that allows you to build your own encampments, and teach your clan new techniques in hunting, creating tools, speech etc. :p

You could set it in the short timespan where Cro Magnons still lived but Homo Sapiens also entered the picture, so you can have some tribal combat, too. But in general it would have to be a survival-game :p

In that case i'd say to hell with the carrier, and make it a Prehistoric age sim that allows you to build your own encampments, and teach your clan new techniques in hunting, creating tools, speech etc. :p

You could set it in the short timespan where Cro Magnons still lived but Homo Sapiens also entered the picture, so you can have some tribal combat, too. But in general it would have to be a survival-game :p

Love it! "Two, attack that .. homo sapiens!" "Roger!" :p

Also, you'd better create complex evolution warfare mode with evolution upgrades available to buy... like "Meele weapons Mk1 (sticks and stones)" or "Go erect!" etc ;)

I dont think i'll buy this until there is a decent real life mod or addon.

I dont think i'll buy this until there is a decent real life mod or addon.

It's your choice but I think you would be selling yourself short. If it's anything like the original it will be an awesome game.

I will most likely buy this game as is at some point. Though if modders of the quality we see producing things for Arma 2 get stuck and make a modern version then I will not hesitate to buy it. Though I'm sure the 'vanilla' game will be brilliant anyway. A great concept to be sure.

Nimitz doesn't really make sense. There's a whole ecosystem around the carrier and a a whole new gameplay based on this. Swapping model won't do the trick. What about the bots, the hovercrafts, the tanks, the bases... even the islands aren't based on real life locations.

I think you're looking at the wrong game.

Carrier = STOVL Varient like the USS Khe San in Arma 2

Aircraft = F-35

Amphibious Troop Carrier = AAV7-A1

Troops = Marines

Map = Oil Rich Island Chain

That's just if the base game units are given simple reskins and a limited amount of modification. But knowing BIS the game will be open to much more significant levels of modification. I would say it is feasible.

More likely to be done by the modding community, should it be wanted. I'm thoroughly excited for this being a sci-fi game anyway, we can't have enough of them.