Sign in to follow this  
LeftSkidLow

How can I run AO without the disc in the drive and without a beta?

I've been searching this issue for about an hour on the forums and I have also looked through securom's support. I am not going to install more securom crap (ie. diagnostic tool) just to have some idiotic flowchart style diagnostic questions conclude that I need to send a report to them and wait 5 hours for answer that might allow me to play the game I paid for.

I have the dvd but when I first installed OA, it asked if I wanted to activate online or by disc. Apparently I chose activate by disc and it hasn't ever let me activate online since. Using the disc is loud, scratches the dvd, and a pain in the ass when we were told we would be able to do activate either way. I don't want to have to run the beta for a game I paid for.

How can I play my non-beta game without the disc in the drive at this point?

I usually use betas, but I'm having some issues getting into servers that I should be able to. I'm not sure if it's because of the beta but I wanted to use the latest stable release for a while.

uninstall arma2, securom and cleanse registry, or if you are lazy format c: and reinstall O/S.

EDIT: I wonder if that would even work, it should do but you may have told securom 'THIS CD-KEY ACTIVATES FROM DISC' not sure how it works. In That case buy another copy.

Edited by xmongx

I usually use betas, but I'm having some issues getting into servers that I should be able to. I'm not sure if it's because of the beta but I wanted to use the latest stable release for a while.

I couldnt get into servers recently until i applied the BAF hotfix. All good now, tried that?

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=430%3Aarma-2-british-armed-forces-update-1-00-to-1〈=