Sign in to follow this  
Col.

Shadow Company Units Addon. WIP! Recruiting!

scua.jpg

Hello. I'm Col. This is my first addon.

This addon will have a unit that I hope will look like MW2's Shadow Company Units (Gen. Shepherds Men).

Doesn't requires any other Addons. Just Arma 2.

Recruiting Mainmodder (A dude who's able to make the unit work in-game and the weird scripting stuff)

How the progress is;

Texturing done:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6527/28303390.jpg

But lacks of knowlegde og scripting. So that's why I'm recruiting.

Can't come up with any other stuff to say.

Edit: Writingfailure in the banner. Supposed to stand "Units" xP

Best regards,

Col.

Edited by Col.

the hardest part you're going to have is named selections, and weighing.

the hardest part you're going to have is named selections, and weighing.

I know. The scripting kills me.

so since you got the textures, and your using the Arma2 Force Recon guys, all you need is the model to load in-game(with textures)??? which means you are going to need a config file and your gonna need the A2 FR models hex-edited(just a way to make the model load in-game with your textures)! if thats all you need then i can do all that for you...should be quict simple, unless i missed something!

Dave,

EDIT: ok i think i missing something here? what kind of scripting are you and bink talking about? and the weighing? anyways im still willing to help but sorry im a bit of my rocker today and not all here in the head today but just let me know what you need and ill get it done asap!

Edited by soldier2390

so since you got the textures, and your using the Arma2 Force Recon guys, all you need is the model to load in-game(with textures)??? which means you are going to need a config file and your gonna need the A2 FR models hex-edited(just a way to make the model load in-game with your textures)! if thats all you need then i can do all that for you...should be quict simple, unless i missed something!

Dave,

Sounds easy, but it's not for newbies.

I need to add a mask for them, add right guns, etc...

But thanks for atleast for the info =)

Uhh... your basically only doing textures? There wouldn't be much, if any scripting involved in what your making. You would need a model, a config, and new textures. You would also need a mask item probably configged as glasses.

If I understand your post right your going to be the leader of this "team", and your asking for somebody to do 90% of your work for you?

Uhh... your basically only doing textures? There wouldn't be much, if any scripting involved in what your making. You would need a model, a config, and new textures. You would also need a mask item probably configged as glasses.

If I understand your post right your going to be the leader of this "team", and your asking for somebody to do 90% of your work for you?

Hmmmmmhmmm. Damn... 90% you say? Ohh god. No, if so, I will learn to code in the stuff thats needed. Like the troops name, item used and stuff.

Hmmmmmhmmm. Damn... 90% you say? Ohh god. No, if so, I will learn to code in the stuff thats needed. Like the troops name, item used and stuff.

lol thats the easy part

my latest marine project, which i haven't done much work on lately tbh..was really goof'd by the named selections sadly :(.

You could just copy the configs from the existing units, such as names and items used. Heck, some of us might even want units with no weapons so that we can add our own through the init files.

And which models are you using? The Force Recon or the Deltas from OA?

Whether or not you do take the 'no weapons' route with the SC (some of us can add the weapons in in-game through the init file), this might come in handy anyway:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83789

I'm still trying to find tutorials on the rest of the scripting, but it's a little hard at the moment (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place) and I honestly have no idea what else to do.

And what's with the black lines on the texture anyway?

Edited by RoninJr

You could just copy the configs from the existing units, such as names and items used. Heck, some of us might even want units with no weapons so that we can add our own through the init files.

And which models are you using? The Force Recon or the Deltas from OA?

Whether or not you do take the 'no weapons' route with the SC (some of us can add the weapons in in-game through the init file), this might come in handy anyway:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83789

I'm still trying to find tutorials on the rest of the scripting, but it's a little hard at the moment (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place) and I honestly have no idea what else to do.

And what's with the black lines on the texture anyway?

First off, the ArmA 2 Recon guys. Second, thanks (:

Sencure. In fear of plagiasm. =P

The OA Deltas seem more detailed. This'll probably be a major setback, but if you don't mind...

ATM I don't have OA, so that would be hard. =P

Buy it - now is 50% off , it is worth :)

:eek: Damn! I will! Indeed I will!

wtfu, why you just import the cod models in arma xD *joking* that would be damn sick xD Import everythink from COD !!! XD

Well, truth be told, you could just release the FR models now and then the OA ones later, so that we can have some variety - the FR and Deltas don't exactly look the same. The Deltas are more detailed and have more gear, but the FR guys can work too.

I know Schnapsdrosel's desert mercs addon has balaclavas, as well as the Praying Mantis PMCs.

wtfu, why you just import the cod models in arma xD *joking* that would be damn sick xD Import everythink from COD !!! XD

Exactly what I'm going to do. Import every thing from CoD. Even the dust particles :P x)

I know, Ronin =D

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

First in-game test, went like diarea:

arma22010112717302030.png

Wtf? Its black!

Helmet and equipmentstuff that's bugged. :|

How to fix it?

Did you used TexView2 to save your texture? - if yes then dunno weird bug

Texview 2, yes. Damn... ._.

i had the same problem with my plane and all i did was check the (clear temp folder box) on Bin PBO and repacked it twice and it fixed it . not saying it will work for you but its worth a shot.

also check you rvmats and make sure all the paths to your textures are correct .

i had the same problem with my plane and all i did was check the (clear temp folder box) on Bin PBO and repacked it twice and it fixed it . not saying it will work for you but its worth a shot.

also check you rvmats and make sure all the paths to your textures are correct .

I will take a shot on that. Thanks ^^

Did you fiddle with the .nohq and .as files?

I always seem to get weird shadows and random dark areas when doing that.