Sign in to follow this  
tpw

Which islands support ambient civilians/vehicles/life?

I don't know about you guys but as much as I love making missions and running around on various islands, I don't like it when they're deserted and I have to have some scenario running in my head as to how that could be so (eg chemical weapons, zombies etc)

I've compiled a list of islands I've used so far which support/don't support ambient civs:

Ambient civs:

-------------

Chernarus

Utes

Podagorsk

Celle

Duala

Lingor

Takistan

Zargabad

Isola Di Capraia

No ambient civs:

---------------

Kellu

Thirsk

Panthera

Jade Groove

Namalsk

Japahto

Spritz

Mana

Shapur

Everon

If anyone can think of more to add to the list, I'd be interested to see them.

Edited by tpw
Added Capraia

Well, Lingor will have new civilians and also some other mixed population. Just wait for Lingor Extras addon release. If you don't have this addon the default Chernarus folks appear.

Well, Lingor will have new civilians and also some other mixed population. Just wait for Lingor Extras addon release. If you don't have this addon the default Chernarus folks appear.

Sounds good IceBreakr! I've been experimenting with my own pseudo ambient civilian mod to get the Duala African civs spawning for a more tropical vibe, but I'm sure yours will be a whole lot better :)

I've tried v1.0 yesterday for the coop and civilians were even fleeing from the combat (they were even screaming) while out team pushed in the other direction ;) so its working, be sure to use the "Ambient Civilian Expansion"

Nice list, tpw, I appreciate it. And thanks for the heads up, IceBreakr :)

Are you sure Duala works as i cannot get them to generate ?

Yes, make sure you download the full version which includes armies and civilians. They only seem to spawn in the larger towns and even then not very often. But they are there.

Are you sure about Shapur?

I swaer when I made an IED scenario there that there was several civs running around screaming when the bomb blew up, (and I did have Ambient Civs down) it maybe could be a BAF full vs. BAF lite issue, but I am not sure.

Are you sure about Shapur?

I swaer when I made an IED scenario there that there was several civs running around screaming when the bomb blew up, (and I did have Ambient Civs down) it maybe could be a BAF full vs. BAF lite issue, but I am not sure.

I'd love to be proven wrong re shapur!

I've never seen any civs, but I might set things up again and leave it for a while to see what happens.

@ TPW

Yes i now have civis ! thanks - any idea how to stop them spawning into Buildings as they cannot get out and just walk around inside I have put Debug on so i can tell theye are there hence not many people on the street !

I checked out Shapur again and it wasn't working, maybe It was just the girly US army screams not the civ ones.

Does anyone know if Fallujah works with ALICE (expansions) or not? Seems not to, at first test.

EDIT: I see civilians are spawning now, actually. Just not many. But I seem to be getting Chernarus-type civs; anyone know how to get Takistan-type civs?

Edited by Lucky44
new info

Does anyone know if Fallujah works with ALICE (expansions) or not? Seems not to, at first test.

EDIT: I see civilians are spawning now, actually. Just not many. But I seem to be getting Chernarus-type civs; anyone know how to get Takistan-type civs?

number of civilian spawn points is very limited in Fallujah due the size of the city. Having a spawn ratio like chernarus will create massive locks on your server due the huge amount of wandering citizens on the map.

number of civilian spawn points is very limited in Fallujah due the size of the city. Having a spawn ratio like chernarus will create massive locks on your server due the huge amount of wandering citizens on the map.

You could have the points and limit number and the area of spawning citizens to X distance away from players.

Edit: I need to check, I might be wrong on the number, it may just be a distance around the player that limits it

You could have the points and limit number and the area of spawning citizens to X distance away from players.

Edit: I need to check, I might be wrong on the number, it may just be a distance around the player that limits it

True

But if you overfly the city the civs spawns. If many teams are wandering around the city the civ spawns a lot and stay alive, in any case.

You can create a custom object that allows the civilian spawn and place several of those in the city with the editor, then check by yourself :)

I thought for sure we tested they (and the vehicles) got eaten by garbage collection once we left the area...now I am going to have to go back and look =)