Sign in to follow this  
iceman11a

My 1st test mission

Since I been playing a round with the demo. and the mission editor. It's harder then I thought. Since I can't find any doc's for the demo version.

Any way I was looking for good videos that can teach me step by step what to do.

What I have is a sample sample. Just trying to get use to making maps and editing every thing. What I have is a trigger that when a enemy tank gets gets destroyed a chopper comes in and drops a AI off. Well the idea was for me to destroy the tank. and I couldn't figure out how to do that. Then I thought if a AI saw the tank it would destroy it. That didn't work.

So I have an AI that follows a WP to the end. and on the road below is a tank. I need the AI to destroy the tank. I chopper comes in when the tank is destroyed and that fires a trigger.

Can some one help. I video would be great

NOTE:

I have plans for upgrading my web site for a tutorial section on map making. If any one is interested in making them, Please let me know.

Ice

Wrong sub forum iceman, this ones for Terrain editing

....... It would be nice if BIS would finally fix this friggin subforum title issue :mad:

That's not what it says at the top on the link

ArmA 2 & OA : MAP EDITING << Its says map editing

No it says MAP EDITING (VISITOR)

i.e. The BIS Tool Visitor which is used for terrain editing.

You are mission editing not map editing. These are not the droids you are looking for.

Cheers,

Tup

No That's just what I'm doing is map editing. I'm just trying to get a AI BOT to destroy a tank. Well that map editing.

Or this forums section needs to reword it's categories.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

This thread is closed....

Map = island/terrain

Mission = what you make in the mission editor

Such wording simplifies things a bit because the Arma series doesn't have maps like other games do, where levels/missions are also maps in themselves. In Arma missions are built upon maps.

@iceman11a

take a look at [APS]Gnats join date and his post count. Do you really think you know more about correct ArmA 2 vocabulary than him?

Now now, boys. I am sure one of the nice mods will move this thread to the correct part of the forums. And Myke, we all know that neither post count nor join date means anything - there are plenty of A-holes around who have both. Let us just be civil and everyone will be happy.

Now, to destroy a tank, try giving the AI (and make sure it has an AT weapon) a "destroy" waypoint which is right on top of the tank in question. See if that works. There are some good tutorials floating around, might I suggest that you head over to the OFPEC site and look around? Usually they have something worthwhile.

Sorry, I wasn't informed of the replies. Yes I did move this post and Thanks Hund. Maybe I'm getting to old to play these kind of games.

Myke;1797496']@iceman11a

take a look at [APS]Gnats join date and his post count. Do you really think you know more about correct ArmA 2 vocabulary than him?

Nah...

Someone said post count is not a valid parameter...

Well' date=' [APS']Gnats is a well known spammer of those forums, it usually sells his "Miracle Blades" on Arma2 forums with the false name of Chef Tony :D:D:D ;)

Here our Gnats is showing his new ArmA2 close combat weapons effectiveness against some unlucky enemy

Guys... the request was off topic, and the man has been correctly invited to double check the forum before posting.

Edited by shezan74