Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Secret German testing...

Secret German testing...

Wow, that's great ! I like the removable wheels, and may i ask what was the purpose of the small propeller in front of the plane ? Some kind of dynamo ?

Wow, that's great ! I like the removable wheels, and may i ask what was the purpose of the small propeller in front of the plane ? Some kind of dynamo ?

The little prop on the nose was a generator propeller that was used to power the Me-163's generator. This provided electrical current for the aircraft systems (slightly sketchy if you ask me :P)

The little prop on the nose was a generator propeller that was used to power the Me-163's generator. This provided electrical current for the aircraft systems (slightly sketchy if you ask me :P)

Thanks for the answer, great job taking into account those immersive details :)

Looks like it'll be fun to fly but a bit of a bugger to land, just as it should be!

Had a wee chuckle at "Utesmunde" lol :D

Thanks for the answer, great job taking into account those immersive details :)

No problem,

Glad to explain some of the more obscure stuff on vehicles :)

The allies have some heavier firepower this time around.

Pershing may well be in there ;)

It's very possible :)

We'll post up a brief list before release,Showing a little of What's included anyways.

So everyone can get a little taster of What's under the mods hood before they get there hands on it :)

But needless to say no one side is going to be over powered.

No more German bias on numbers of machinery included and power of the machines in game.

The Allies will be more than capable of hitting back against the Tigers,Panthers and Panzers in a variety of ways ;)

Of course we're still concentration on being accurate as possible to history but also looking to include as much of a interesting and balanced line up as we can.

just keep your eyes peeled and i'm sure you'll spot some new features in the near future :D

There is a lot like enigma said

:p

Work continues on many sections of the mod.

we'll post some media screens soon to highlight progress made in the mod in weeks past.

Do you guys have a website or a blog for us to check out?

As they said in the time the mod is placed in. It'll be here before Christmas. (Not to make horrible joke at how the war lasted longer, just thought it fit >_>)

Hi, i'll like to know if the FOW: Pacific Theatre will be OA/CO free, so we (the ArmA2 players) can enjoy it. Let's C ya

I hope not. Rucksacks, portable multi-piece CSWs, and other things that OA offers are things that WWII just wouldn't feel right without.

Didn't think Fields of War were continuing the Pacific theater. Eh, no kicking a dead horse.

But, having no backpacks in WW2 is pretty hard. They had a lot of gear from ammo, grenades, etc. that they carried on them. More so the weapon crews (From Machine Gun, Bazooka (That is if they did run in teams -Can't recall-), mortar, etc etc...) Would enjoy being able as well, to use the feature to dis-assemble an enemy machine gun position and move it elsewhere to use it against them to 'Even the odds' when missions don't give warrant your own heavy firepower haha

Didn't think Fields of War were continuing the Pacific theater.

We are still going to visit the pacific at some point.

But it's in the future.

After Normandy/Bulge/Market garden

We are still going to visit the pacific at some point.

But it's in the future.

After Normandy/Bulge/Market garden

If is a great thing! But why will the poland invasion and the west campaign 1940 forget always?