Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

okay just a little tip the shoulder patch is supposed to be on the left shoulder and NOT every American unit had an american flag on their right soldie the 82nd Airborne DID the 101st airborne DIDN't Marines DIDN't glider infantery (82nd airborne AND 101st Airborne) DID had the flag and MOST of the infantery Divisions DIDN'T had the FLAG the INFANTERY (so no mariens but the 81st Infantery divisionand 83st) in the pacific theatre DID just some info and could u guys pls take the soft cover of the DUKW. if you need any help on things to make or info send me a PM my grandad was in USMC and Ithe 3 unlces of my mum were in the US army also landed on Normandy and 1 of them in holland

BR

rob

Could we have any kind of update, please? There doesn´t have to be pictures only a status update dat would be nice.

2-23-13 Update:

-Weapons pack still in the works

-More vehicles than you can shake a stick at

-OMG huge map with lots of stuff

That's about it. When it's ready, it will be posted.

Has the map with paris and london been released? it seems that the version for ArmA 1 contains london but the ArmA 2 version doesn't?

Nope, and I think it won't be as this mod looks dead.

The map with Paris and London has not yet been released. The A3 version will have both.

What size for each map?

And Will you release kg on ArmA 2 or have you a switched to ArmA 3?

All the stuff were working is for A3.

The theater is 153,600m x 153,600 or half scale to real life.

All the stuff were working is for A3.

The theater is 153,600m x 153,600 or half scale to real life.

Dam! I was always moaning about little details doing a 5x5 map, awesome stuff hope all is progressing well mate.

Object placement - that about sums up what I'm up to

Need any help with the little things? I'd like to apply the texture to all LODs of the me-163 because texture only shows in close up LOD at the minute, things like he-111 variants and pby catalina also don't have textures applied

So, from what I read here and pics I seen "FoW" will include . . .

1. HUGE MAP!

2. Details

3. Uhhm . . .HUGE MAP

4. Lots of buildings

5. Oh yeah, HUGE MAP and DETAILS.

My question is how the hell is a computer meant to keep cool and not burst into flames with this?

And if it does not burst into flames, is it going to be played at 5fps? :/

(6. Units)

Fps is good

I have the unfinished terrain, flew a Lancaster over it recently. It certainly is a project and a half, huge.

There is soo much to like with this project, things just sit right, for instance the station building is really nice, complete with the wall posters. Had a mini scenario there a while back, but the AI will not go into the building, I know this is early yet, but would be nice for the buildings to be AI friendly if possible.

Continued luck with it.

:)

I have the unfinished terrain, flew a Lancaster over it recently. It certainly is a project and a half, huge.

Theprimarys soo much to like with this project, things just sit right, for instance the station building is really nice, complete with the wall posters. Had a mini scenario there a while back, but the AI will not go into the building, I know this is early yet, but would be nice for the buildings to be AI friendly if possible.

Continued luck with it.

:)

Thanks! Yes it is quite a project. The map itself isn't ai friendly in a few spots because the dynamics of the complexities of some of the structures do not allow for ai to move between multiple models.

The train stations however should have ai paths in the future that will allow some functionality along with entry and exit points.

The primary function of the map will be pvp

Thanks! We've been working on it off and on. Things take time.

Yes! Go Seahawks!!!

Yes there is more. We will post soon!

Yes! Everything!

nice to hear :D

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Play it the 31st Normandie mod since 3,5 years =)