Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Congratulations on your wonderful work. I can not wait to play but this.

A note: if you put a command to eject the parachute when he flies in the hook.

Thank you.:D

Note

Any errors in spelling I'm sorry, I'm from Brazil and this text was translated by google translator.

Do you mean a paratrooper jump script?

So that they disembark from a transport?

Rip31st can you say something more about yours armor penetration system? It >really<works? I mean, without hitpoints. And are there ricotchets, that i love? And is it take into account angle of hit? (its important). Im very curious, how it works. ;)

Yes, it's awesome in theory and in practice more so,

angle of hit and much more (not going to spoil it)

As for richochets for large calibre rounds,I'm not sure it's possible in arma engine.

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

I've not seen anything from your armour-man T-Roc for a while, is he still active in the community?

:confused:

I've not seen anything from your armour-man T-Roc for a while, is he still active in the community?

:confused:

Troc plans to release all his material sometime in the future. Not sure when. We elected as a group not to use his contributions.

Troc plans to release all his material sometime in the future. Not sure when. We elected as a group not to use his contributions.

Wow, I'm stunned. Does that mean you are re-making all tanks and vehicles from scratch, separate to the one's that were in the alpha release?

Were the Cromwell and Churchill in that vid a while back yours or his?

:(

Wow, I'm stunned. Does that mean you are re-making all tanks and vehicles from scratch, separate to the one's that were in the alpha release?

Were the Cromwell and Churchill in that vid a while back yours or his?

:(

I'm not. We have our own content.

Edited by Rip31st

I think the units we Will offer are exciting, highly detailed, and more immerse then what we've offered before. Patience and time will tell. :)

Well...

since i don´t have any videos to show at the moment. Here are some wip pics from the Omahabeach area.

th_arma2oa2011-08-2619-18-43-73.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-08-2619-30-52-53.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-08-2619-21-43-29.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-08-2619-19-04-30.jpg

They were taken on the smaller 10x10 km map. :)

Great job Beton, very nice buildings etc. indeed.

Looking forward to fight there (again :)).

Cheers,

D.

Hm after this last incident it may take a while until the release as we have lost a big part of nice armor etc. but it will be finished before Arma 3. I hope :)

In exchange there will be more and more nice customobjects... expect a huge download. :D

And i forgot to say ... peace please

Edited by Beton

Hm after this last incident it may take a while until the release as we have lost a big part of nice armor etc. but it will be finished before Arma 3. I hope :)

In exchange there will be more and more nice customobjects... expect a huge download. :D

I wouldn't call Troc's stolen work a loss. Just be thankful we won't have to deal with any legal repercussions.

I am right with beton on that thought, there are already a ton of custom object from everything like the Eiffel tower, right down to all the grass and Foilage.

Beton, my utmost respect for your work. Excellent cottages~!

Beton, i like that architecture and I see that Fields of War as a whole is really improving it's quality.

Edited by Volsukh

[update]

Topic cleaned.

Stick to the topic and take your personal issues elsewhere!

Edited by Guest

So, Beton, are you recreating any specific location based on historical reference there, or just aiming at creating specific 'atmosphere' with those custom objects?

Edited by topas

Well... my main goal is to get the atmosphere of the normandy. Since nearly all the standard houses have this eastern europe touch which doesn´t fit too well to the western part of europe i´ll try to create some buildings which make nice french villages. Even though i think they fit to other parts of western europe too.

We are all still alive and Well,

And work continues behind the scenes.

We are currently working to build up our Armory back to a good size in the light of recent events.

But everything is still ticking over.

Things are going well. It's a very time consuming process.

I can understand that. would love to see some screenshots again :)