Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

(...)and Hot panzer pink :D

Ah, this is the version with a huge pink soundsystem in the sidecar for the Marschmusik, right? :D

----

@Rip, I thought this was the other way around

:) inviting wax to join our mod team today and combine his work with ours. I love it! thanks!

but thanks for clarifying this here for me... So, to answer the initial question, any chance for the Morris maybe?

Edited by topas

Oh sorry Topas for not answering your question. I was lost in my other world (Paris - Visitor version). Our mod team elected not to use any of Wax's items, although he contributed his work. We felt it was the best decision given his abrupt departure from our team. Best bet if you wanted something like the Morris, ask him for it.

Hopefully that answers your question.

We invited him initially, and he brought several models with him. But we also gave him access to our mlods for the infantry which in turn he optimized for our mod. We also gave him access to several other items that appeared after he departed which we had to ask him to remove.

Edited by Rip31st

Yes it does, thx again and sorry for having bothered ;) Guess I can live without the Morris ;)

Np. Maybe we can make a pulled for you.

Np. Maybe we can make a pulled for you.

Morris tractor would be handy to include later.

In all of it's odd beauty

nope just odd :D

We have Churchill. I hope it can serve as the queen of the ugly beasts at least until we bring some more stuff to teh horror gallery :)

And what about a leichttraktor ?

World of Tanks, right?... :rolleyes:

Seems this game made the Leichttraktor quite popular. The only problem with this vehicle is - it existed only as a prototype and never saw combat (or mass production) before.... ....being introduced to World of Tanks :p

Additionally it was a quite bad and faulty construction. It's flaws and mistakes helped the later designers of the Pz.Kfw I though.

Edited by topas

Haha World of tanks and the Leichttracktor.

I was glad to get out of the steel coffin. :D

It's an early war vehicle and as topaz said only really a testing point/prototype.

the Neubaufahrzeuge and the Grosstracktor also wern't much different both tests between the 1920-1930 i think.

It's highly unlikely we'll be seeing any of these soon.

I want to see my beloved Maus Tank in action in Mass Numbers. I know it was a slow moving hunk of metal, but I love that tank and I can't resist that kind of firepower.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

I want to see my beloved Maus Tank in action in Mass Numbers. I know it was a slow moving hunk of metal, but I love that tank and I can't resist that kind of firepower.

It will be in our v1.00 release mate. You have to wait little bit more unfortunately:)

Do you guys already have some artillery units in the wip pipeline? Some of the below perhaps?

m12155mmlongtomww2mosel.th.jpg 57mm500.th.jpg 105mmfrancesm.th.jpg 105mmmotorizedhowitzerm.th.jpg

Do you guys already have some artillery units in the wip pipeline? Some of the below perhaps?

m12155mmlongtomww2mosel.th.jpg 57mm500.th.jpg 105mmfrancesm.th.jpg 105mmmotorizedhowitzerm.th.jpg

Yes pracs is contributing...which ones exactly, I do not know yet. We also have other pieces( surprises ). Plus some pak and howitzers.

I'll tell you what i know based on your pics.

The M40 155mm Isn't in developement as of yet. (Not off the table though)

The 57mm/6PNDR & possibly the 37mm/2PNDR i believe is in the pipeline ;)

The 105mm howitzer I'm Also pretty sure this is in the pipeline also.

The M7 Priest isn't in Progress that i know of yet. (again don't write it off for later)

That's based on what i believe they are from your pics at least.

Hope that answers your questions :)

*edit*

Ninja'd :D

Ouch!

the mapping on this house could use a little improvement... Don't you guys use CGtextures.com? Go to textures/buildings/ornate - whole facades there, from the looks mostly French architecture

The Bridge on the other hand is mega-niiiice ;) I get nostalgic looking at it, "The longest day", 1st CoD :D

Ouch!

the mapping on this house could use a little improvement... Don't you guys use CGtextures.com? Go to textures/buildings/ornate - whole facades there, from the looks mostly French architecture

Yeah i use CG along with others.

Very nice resource.

Rip's only just started this last night i believe.

So it's still in early progress.

We're just showing that the City streets will be lined with new buildings.

;)

Something i will also add (mainly because i forgot :))

All of these buildings will be accessible to the balconies and the roof.

So you better keep your eyes open when your walking through paris :D

Ok, fair enough. Was just an observation ;) Looking forward to the next versions to come.

Ouch!

The Bridge on the other hand is mega-niiiice ;) I get nostalgic looking at it, "The longest day", 1st CoD :D

Hey! That's my house! :) I will check out that site. Thanks.

Sturmtiger and Hummel is on my list so far.

Went to that link...very nice and great idea Topas...thanks again.

EDIT: On the topic of Waxbutter's british infantry. He say's they are not ours and they are originally based on Binkowski's models. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Edited by Rip31st

personally i already knew that, i tought he was with fields of war...am i wrong?

Edited by Babylonjoke