Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Or you can go the other way around; from France to England. That is; If you guys are ever planning to do the 1940 Campaign this may very well be used for Dunkerque evac and such :P The Belgium campaign shall as well be interresting, afaik their army was the best mobilised force of the year; the Germans were quite impressed

Edited by topas

Hell if you felt like it you could run a what is scenario and launch operation seelowe. (sea-lion) the German invasion of Britain.

As rikjuuh said.

Definitely a whole bunch of scenarios that can be explored :D

There are a lot of possibilities with the map. The primary use will feature a centrally located server we support. The mission will be a campaign that features beginning a pre-invasion frontal system. This will be multiplayer pvp only with 128 slots. Allies will have to invade France or alternately, the Axis invade England.

Crossing the channel initially by either side via air, or sea. To gain control of specifically linked key logistical towns. In other words, if your Allied, you need to take control of one of the Beach invasion areas and a few adjacent control points before moving further inland. Same with the Axis.

More details to follow.

i actually cant wait for this will it be released this month or next month do you think. sum all everything and think about it and what month do you reckon taking in mind whats completed, real life etc. thanks

We have a time frame for which we want to see things get done. But sometimes its not realistic.

We have a time frame for which we want to see things get done. But sometimes its not realistic.

I know what you mean!

In my opinion the mod is done when it's done.

I know what you mean!

In my opinion the mod is done when it's done.

Exactly as this :)

In the past some of our released were rushed to meet a deadline.

This time around we're doing it the compete opposite and making the mod as polished and bug free as we can.

Whilst include one of the biggest world war 2 mods out there,

We will continue to expand to bigger and better things.

I downloaded this mod and installed it (minus the patches so far) but when I went to check it out all I get is the editor. And this is after I go through the process of setting up a server. If I'm doing something wrong, what would it be?

What you downloaded is an alpha/beta version that's over a year old, it wasn't designed to be used on a server AFAIK.

I downloaded this mod and installed it (minus the patches so far) but when I went to check it out all I get is the editor. And this is after I go through the process of setting up a server. If I'm doing something wrong, what would it be?

:eek: how did you download it? Maybe a previous version I'm assuming.

:eek: how did you download it? Maybe a previous version I'm assuming.

Yes he's talking about the Beta version.

"minus the patches so far"

My thoughts would be to install the patches and see if that resolves the problem.

First let me say from the point of someone who has no skills at modding, thank you ALL, in this case the team of 31st Normandy, for your works. IF I ever appear to be TOO critical of a MOD in my discussions, I expect to be brought down to the ground where I belong.

That said, I have installed Patches 1 & 2 and I find that I still have an editor (in -the-works). I cannot and will not be critical of A-Work-In-Progress. I will however provide any feedback I can for your review.

I'm not sure what stage of the software (mod) that I have downloaded (from the first page, I believe) so I hesitate to make any comments at this time. Perhaps this information is in the reading of this thread and I have but missed it. I will reread the thread to see. I wish you the best of luck on this project.

My Clan (AGE) has enjoyed the Invasion 1944 Mod but most of us feel that to is an onging project with work ahead of it. We do enjoy this indever into WW2 via ArmA 2 and look forward to playing both as they are avaiable.

I'm glad you enjoy the addons. That's what It's all about. Whether It's our mod, someone else's, or a combination of multiple mods. So long as people are having fun, in the end that's all that matters.

I'm 100% positive that when we release our next, most will be pleased!

could i just suggest about the parachutes? is there any way that you can make the parachutes on this mod fall more faster? because on the vanilla arma 2 it takes ages to come down by parachute it just seems that the parachutes float on arma

Hmmm worth a look.

yeah it is, thanks mate appreciate it, i just watched a parachute jump helmet cam jumping from 1200ft on youtuve and i counted how long it took for the parachute to hit the ground it was 65-68 seconds. now half that.

it should take 30-33 seconds to drop at 600ft as 600ft is a combat jump. on arma 2 takes about a minute.

thanks

Well, your forgetting that all measurements in ArmA2 are in meters, so if you jump when the aircraft's altimeter reads 600, your actually jumping at somewhere around 1800ft.

Well, your forgetting that all measurements in ArmA2 are in meters, so if you jump when the aircraft's altimeter reads 600, your actually jumping at somewhere around 1800ft.

AI fly at 90m :eek:

jump>splat

Just saying that for fun because it's true.

Hi,

The last WIP picture was like 10 pages ago. Any chance you give us a look at some vehicles maybe?

And, what happened to the donation made by Waxbutter (correct me, but do I recall he released his unfinished stuff to be used with Normandy31st?) Or did Invasion'44 took care of his stuff? (the infantry I know of)

I'm asking because he had some nice and original vehicles in there; like the Morris Quad Tractor [God is ithis ugly! :)], or the R75 motorbikes... Wonder if we ever get to play with those...

Thx

T.

i know arma 2 is taken in meters thats why i put "this flyinheight 183" which is 600ft

Hi,

The last WIP picture was like 10 pages ago. Any chance you give us a look at some vehicles maybe?

And, what happened to the donation made by Waxbutter (correct me, but do I recall he released his unfinished stuff to be used with Normandy31st?) Or did Invasion'44 took care of his stuff? (the infantry I know of)

I'm asking because he had some nice and original vehicles in there; like the Morris Quad Tractor [God is ithis ugly! :)], or the R75 motorbikes... Wonder if we ever get to play with those...

Thx

T.

Some of the infantry sets we gave him initially, which in turn he modified and optimized. We did not give permissions for the R75 or any vehicle to be used.

He had his own version.

He did a nice set of brits we gave him. But as far as him asking to use any of our stuff in I44, he did not. I don't have that mod, nor do I ever plan on using it. I hope our work doesn't show up there either. It better not, especially without asking. He asked if he could use the brits in HIP. Although he heavily modified them he should still ask.

About the screenshots. I think were going to post some soon.

Edited by Rip31st

Well you cannot play his version in this mod, but I have made BMW R75 in three config and two colors. If you send your order right now you get a free MG34 on the side car for free.

I have made BMW R75 in three config and two colors. If you send your order right now you get a free MG34 on the side car for free.

Is either of those colors a desert beige? If so, consider one order placed ;)

Is either of those colors a desert beige? If so, consider one order placed ;)

Nope they are grey and Hot panzer pink :D