Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Here it is interesting to me if you of fashions is about war in Europe from 1939 for 1945 means at you in a fashion there should be "a War for Britain"! It so?

I think you mean this,

I'm not judging your English as it's obviously not your first language.

Just making sure im answering the right sort of question.

It interests me that your are making a mod about the war in Europe from 1939 to 1945,Does this mean that there will be a Battle of Britain Scenario?

Well yes & no in all fairness.

The mods map covers the southern part of England and the Normandy area of France.

The mod teams next release is focused more on the time frame of 1944,

More importantly the invasion of France (operation overlord).

But most of the content for a battle of Britain scenario should be included either in this release or patched in soon after.

(He-111, BF109, JU-87 Stuka, Spitfire & the Hurricane.

As well as AA guns)

Also included in the map are many airfields on mainland Britain,

So your fighters can scramble to meet the bombers targeting the city or production centers to the cities.

Hopefully I've answered your question :)

IT wouldn't take much, we already have all the radar stations, airfields etc.

We plan on finishing the Normandy phase first :D

With this coming release will lay the grounding for the majority of the Normandy phase.

With a one (maybe two) patches added after to expand the content offered + some missions and maybe a campaign.

After this the Normandy section will be done and we will move onto our next phase which will be Market Garden and after that will be the Ardennes/Battle of the Bulge.

After that i don't have a clue :P

This mod is looking awesome. is the normandy map looking detalied? seeing as theres alot of ground to cover i was just wondering if it will be detailed in the next release

We plan on finishing the Normandy phase first :D

With this coming release will lay the grounding for the majority of the Normandy phase.

With a one (maybe two) patches added after to expand the content offered + some missions and maybe a campaign.

After this the Normandy section will be done and we will move onto our next phase which will be Market Garden and after that will be the Ardennes/Battle of the Bulge.

After that i don't have a clue :P

This is great news, you guys are on top of it. I have always loved Brothers's in Arms Hell's Highway for the 360, but that game has so many limitations.

The Airborne units are looking great as well! This is the most anticpated mod that I have looked forward to in 20 plus years of gaming!

This mod is looking awesome. is the normandy map looking detalied? seeing as theres alot of ground to cover i was just wondering if it will be detailed in the next release

Yes the Normandy map is a lot more detailed this time around.

The last release was only a beta to give players something to play with.

This is great news, you guys are on top of it. I have always loved Brothers's in Arms Hell's Highway for the 360, but that game has so many limitations.

The Airborne units are looking great as well! This is the most anticpated mod that I have looked forward to in 20 plus years of gaming!

Hell's highway is a great game but as you say slightly limited.

We hope to be able to break apart the limitations that this game engine has regarding the time frame and give something truely special to the community.

I'll ask you fine folks who are developing the Normandy Mod the same question I asked over on the Invasion 1944 Mod.

1) How is the Normandy Mod different from other WW 2 Mods (such as Invasion 1944)?

2) Why not combine everyones effort on other teams to develop your WW 2 theme for ArmA 2?

I'll ask you fine folks who are developing the Normandy Mod the same question I asked over on the Invasion 1944 Mod.

1) How is the Normandy Mod different from other WW 2 Mods (such as Invasion 1944)?

2) Why not combine everyones effort on other teams to develop your WW 2 theme for ArmA 2?

Well... you may already know the answer... this has been dicussed over and over but did not lead to any result. And meanwhile combining the mods may also mean to drop the work of someone or having the same Models( tanks etc.) twice.

It´s a pity but ( from my own experience) obviuosly modteams are more likely to split up than to join...

coool mate! sorry to ask but will the release be soon? like next month or?

Well to be honest we are working toward release now.

But i can't guarantee a date.

The old adage of when it's done applies.

Just rest well in the knowledge that this time we're polishing up it real nice ;)

The Normandy mod is different in many ways.

That biggest we concentrate more on the scale of the war.

With our huge map we allow the player to experience all aspects of the war.

Flying bombing missions over enemy territory,

Intercepting enemy bandits over your home airfield,

Captaining a warship at sea,

Gunning from a tiger tank,

Or taking the next town as the infantry.

Basically we have the Air,Land,Sea And foot war,

All in the players hand. And all in one massive playing area.

Where do you want to land today?

Omaha? fine!

Utah yep!

Sword? OK!

Juno? You got it!

Gold? away you go!

So basically if you want Paratroopers,Infantry,Gilders,tanks,aircraft,ships & god knows what else.

On a 156,000 sq KM map.

Well....

You know where to come :D

Been there tried in the past.

And in the end it causes more problems than it's worth.

We work well in our team and others work well in theirs.

Omaha? fine!

Utah yep!

Sword? OK!

Juno? You got it!

Gold? away you go!

Moulin Rouge? Hell yeah! :p

To drastically change the game however, you should work hard on the Animations and AI ... but I think it is almost impossible ..Arma 2 on this sucks.

Im trying the new version of PvP animations...thats not bad, funny!...but Ai almost sucks lol

To drastically change the game however, you should work hard on the Animations and AI ... but I think it is almost impossible ..Arma 2 on this sucks.

Im trying the new version of PvP animations...thats not bad, funny!...but Ai almost sucks lol

Who says we won't be looking into AI and Animations?

We might have someone helping us with that already!

Or do we? :D

And i would like to look into the AI system when i get my hands on the game soon.

Who says we won't be looking into AI and Animations?

We might have someone helping us with that already!

Glad to hear that, mate!

And i would like to look into the AI system when i get my hands on the game soon.

Surely you will be amazed..lol

Edited by Babylonjoke

Well to be honest we are working toward release now.

But i can't guarantee a date.

The old adage of when it's done applies.

Just rest well in the knowledge that this time we're polishing up it real nice ;)

The Normandy mod is different in many ways.

That biggest we concentrate more on the scale of the war.

With our huge map we allow the player to experience all aspects of the war.

Flying bombing missions over enemy territory,

Intercepting enemy bandits over your home airfield,

Captaining a warship at sea,

Gunning from a tiger tank,

Or taking the next town as the infantry.

Basically we have the Air,Land,Sea And foot war,

All in the players hand. And all in one massive playing area.

Omaha? fine!

Utah yep!

Sword? OK!

Juno? You got it!

Gold? away you go!

So basically if you want Paratroopers,Infantry,Gilders,tanks,aircraft,ships & god knows what else.

On a 156,000 sq KM map.

Well....

You know where to come :D

Man I can't wait for this:D I may never play regular Arma 2 again.

I actually cant wait for this epicness always wanted a huge normandy map to play on AIRBORNE D-day FTW thats gonna be my first mission ;)

haha yeah,

Strangely enough im looking forward to seeing what the guys are all smiling about on our forums.

I think you can quote me when saying the next release will be awesome :D

I was wondering if there is going to be a T34 Calliope made as well with all the other stuff? I know there were not great numbers of these produced, but they were quite interesting despite.

I was wondering if there is going to be a T34 Calliope made as well with all the other stuff? I know there were not great numbers of these produced, but they were quite interesting despite.

We already thought about that. Probably it will be in our v1.00 release. But i cant guarantee for now.

We already thought about that. Probably it will be in our v1.00 release. But i cant guarantee for now.

Sounds good, I will be interested to see what you guys have planned for the Bulge map in the future, should be a fun task.

Here is a cool video on Market Garden, If any of you guys are bored :)

On a 156,000 sq KM map.

And what if for such BIG card to make a mode "Warfare"?

I had another shot at the helmets and the camo.. so far it looks pretty good but I don't have time for an in-game test right now, but sure hope it works this time..

okay so I did have time for some testing.. Rip when I figure out what I did right this time I'll let you know

camo1e.jpg

camo3j.jpg

These look great wow! :D