Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Any suggestions as to what objects you all wan't to see?

Just one small thing, please. A military grave marker. Perhaps as a template so it will be easier to build a cemetery. A single one with config options to write a name and religious symbol would really top this off. Please consider, but no sweat if not possible. Thanks.

That actually sounds pretty cool with the cemetary I'll look a bit into if its possible...

I say it definately needs more than one grave cross. Different religions have hugely different markers. Orthodox have that extra bar under the cross and jews and muslims do not use cross at all. It also looks like SS men had an iron cross looking marker (like in WW1 aircraft). Even if you had a graveyard for only one religion (like normally) you want variations.

Arma has few grave crosses and stones, but more is not a bad thing.

What if you shot a player, the body disappears, a grave appears in the spot where they died. And for an added twist, after a few moments, a zombie pops out of the ground and starts attacking everyone, even friendly forces. :)

I was kidding about the zombies

okay so the graveyard won't be all that hard to make and it should be possible to add some sort of function so you can write on the headstones.. however I got a question, those military graveyards, weren't they put up quite a while after the war, or at least a while after each battle, so perhaps I should start by looking into what they did with the fallen right after they died

I think this would depend on the situation...

either they were brought back home, left alone or ended up this way...

battle_normandy22.jpg

i think the big military graveyards we know were built much later.

From what i understand graves registration would bury the bodies in temporary cemeteries throughout the war zones.

After the war was over, Some were disinterred and returned home.

Others rest in permanent cemeteries Scattered through the battlezones

What if you shot a player, the body disappears, a grave appears in the spot where they died. :)

Sounds like that 2D strategy game:worms :P

"Bye Bye" *Boom*

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

Hey, guys. We are talking too much on the public forums. We have a private one too you know.

we know don't worry.. but I really wanna hear from everybody what they would like to see in the mod.. When I get a chance I'll post my entire updates on the private forums

I wouldn't say we are talking to much,

We just interacting with the public :)

They ask for something and we give them a reply.

Seems innocent enough to me.

Giving more info to public = more interest in mod.

Well at least for me. The recent developments have gotten me more excited for this mod.

The mod will be great no doubt. Getting it released is the challenge before us.

I do not know if this will help you guys , but I just found this

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=48913

Yes, the Italians were in Normandy ... I did not know!

"In France there was the Division Atlantica, but it wasn't complete and it was in Bordeaux. In whole France (included Normandy) there were 35,000/40,000 Italians among many fighting and auxiliary units."

" The bloodiest battle was fought at Cézembre, the islet-bunker to cover his back to the town of St. Malo: a miniature Maginot, with three levels underground. Length 500 meters wide and just over 250, won the terrible record of most bombed land of history in one month 120 000 tons of ordnance. Despite this hell, the island defended by German sailors and Salo continued to fire on the Americans. The siege began in early August: ships, self-propelled howitzers, bombers the target without stopping. On August 17, Saint Malo raise the white flag, but the island still stands"

Edited by Babylonjoke

Aidstation almost done

aid2.jpg

some of the new stuff for the airborne

airnew.jpg

Edited by canis lupus

the paratrooper's gear looks great.

I would like to see the standard infantry model though.

In other mods it looks pretty ugly, I hope yours is better ;)

Pretty cool Canis!

Here's some WIP update pics from me:

A little WIP update:

ArmA2/CO's largest map also contains the games tallest tower for sure, - possibly largest building as well:

The Eiffel Tower

117 ladders, as many if not more vantage spots, 3 main levels, fully functional. Takes 9 minutes and 18 seconds to climb to the top...

Eiffelcomp.jpg

300M tall, built to spec from Gustav's drawings, with exception there are no Elevators, only a ladder platform system.

You could have endless battles for possesion of this tower all day long.

I really can't imagine how you manage to make a model of the Eiffel Tower Rip its trully amazing..

Revoluzer: I'll try and get some screenshots of the infantry out soon..

my signature is actually a screenshot from the arma1 version.. but maybe I can make a new one..

Maybe a bit off-topic

Here's some WIP update pics from me:

The Eiffel Tower

Without dispute an impressive sight; but:

I see a lot of white outlines there, casued by the transparency and alpha channels...

Any idea how to overcome / eliminate this? I am having the exact same thing bugging me with T-28 wheels and tracks... :mad:

Maybe a bit off-topic

Without dispute an impressive sight; but:

I see a lot of white outlines there, casued by the transparency and alpha channels...

Any idea how to overcome / eliminate this? I am having the exact same thing bugging me with T-28 wheels and tracks... :mad:

There was 'a lot' more 'snow effect' I call it. I messed around with the levels until I found a spot where it didn't look that bad. It's the best I can do with my limited knowledge of texturing unless someone else has more ideas. There are a lot of double transparent faces, which It may just be a lighting situation the game engine isn't set up for.