Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Lot of the things requested here are there already...although some of them not yet in the alpha.

Germans have the 8cm GrW34 mortar and US has the 60mm M1 mortar. Both are transportable by a group of men.

We also have these already ... PIAT, S-mine 35, US 155mm 'Long Tom', US 105mm howitzer. There are naval mines too...in two sorts.

AA-artillery: Allied AAA is not on the top of the list (but it is not forgotten) because Luftwaffe wasn't a big issue in Normandy. Allies have some AA anyway, like quad 50 cal, single 50 cal and 30 cal on few vehicles. Germans have 88mm and quad 20mm.

I know you guys do not have a Utah map,

Well your not entirely correct.

the map is Normandy in it's whole.

It contains Utah as well as Omaha,Sword,Gold and Juno

Infantry List.

Snippy

USA:

101st Airborne & 82nd Airborne

1st ID, 29th ID, 4th ID & 90th ID

2nd Rangers & 5th Rangers

British:

"Red Devils" 6th Airborne

50th ID & 3rd ID (camo netted helmets)

Canadians

3rd ID (camo netted helmets)

11th Armored Division

Polish:

3rd Polish Infantry Brigade

1st Armored Division

Banging a quick list together here.

But I'll see what i can do in the form of re-texturing the British for the other forces.

The Canadians and Polish were wearing British uniform or an earlier spec of it from what i understand so it should be easy enough to add them.

And as Aqu said we already have many of the things you have mentioned,

As well as many more ;)

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

for explosives u can create the Goliath too ....;)

should be great create some unit injured and without helmet...

anyway http://www.ww2incolor.com/us-artillery/ww2-93.html i want this small gun!!

...if u dont make it ill kill you with this --> http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/KRUPP%20KUGELPANZER.htm AARGHH

Edited by Babylonjoke

It won't take much to turn the models I made into whatever US infantry we need. I was thinking about creating something a bit more special, if someone can tell me about some special units, its always the same ones in movies or games, there must be some that also earned the attention..

My Aidstation is comming along nicely so perhaps some medical units?

SAS specials units from British, " The Special Air Service (SAS) is the principal special forces of the United Kingdom and one of the most elite corps in the world. This unit was founded in 1941 in North Africa to carry out raids on the Axis lines and is now a model for many other special forces in the world. The SAS is the smallest and secret regiment in the UK but it is simultaneously one of the most popular. The counterpart of the SAS in the Royal Navy is the Special Boat Service (SBS), formerly called the Special Boat Squadron." cit. wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service

they were used in North-West Europe Campaign of 1944–1945 too

Edited by Babylonjoke

Is there a possibility of including a couple more British Divisions such as 15th Scottish Division and 11th and 79th Armoured Divisions? These divisions took part in most of the larger 21st Army group operations and played quite a very prominent role in Normandy.

Edited by jequirity

i think only really field medic are useful in all honest.

But some pathfinder units with the M-227 Signal Lamp and PPN-2 Eureka Beacon would be cool.

marking drop zones for the invasion in missions or just making a marker on the map for Multi-player.

I'm not really sure on Special units.

But i think just making each unit look individual would be a accomplishment.

I think British/polish/Canadian troops would be a good project as well.

As for divisions we can include many division if you feel the need for them.

it would be just a few texture tweaks on the armored sides.

changing the patches on the Crew and the markings on the tank.

The SAS/Commando's would be cool.

For the pre-invasion sabotage role's

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

SAS would be fun.. though I wasn't thinking in the lines of special forces just some units that played some special roles but I don't really know if there would be much difference in the game the uniforms must have been pretty much the same...

oh oh ....might its out of topic right now....can glider load veichles??? :rolleyes:

Air force, navy personnel, french resistance, ww2 time civilians, Rommel, Montgomory, Eisenhower, ...?

I made a Goliath and the control box models, but it hasn't been fully completed. There were some problems make it easily controllable by a player.

Air force, navy personnel, french resistance, ww2 time civilians, Rommel, Montgomory, Eisenhower, ...?

I made a Goliath and the control box models, but it hasn't been fully completed. There were some problems make it easily controllable by a player.

Don't forget the dancers for the Moulin rouge ;)

Canadian and Polish can be easily worked i think.

Gliders could load vehicles last time should be no different.

It will only be the MB-2 jeep & Kubel Wagen i would imagine.

Maybe the Tetrarch tank in the Hamilcar if we include them.

Basically we'll include as much as we can but if we include everything we wanted, the mod would be for Arma 4 :D

i want my favorite plane :'( my dear p-40...im trying to lern how to use oxygen2 to make it...thats not easy...i think ill must suicide...dark..ahahah this could be the best game ever created in the story...im sure...why BI dont create a fuckin ww2 game?

Someone mentioned. The Bangalore:

Made it months ago.

I'm on the French resistance aswell, but when I'm done with those I wan't to get more into objects. Any suggestions as to what objects you all wan't to see?.. I'm trying to work in very small details to get the atmosphere really good in the game I'll show you when I get the chance

- Hedgerows

- road signs

- proper WW2 era airport objects/buildings

Just the first things I can think of

- Fountains

- Benches

- Civil veichles(bikes too)

- Light poles

- Statues

- Units deaths bodyes

excuse my ignorance,is there a way to create some brutal effects like Brothers in Arms HH? for example a granada explodes next to a soldier ... The body is split in half, or miss a leg or an arm ...or a headshot literally splits the skull..make some brutality will incrase the realism of the mod...something like this

---->

<----- (first 30 second are fakin awesome :D)

a small preview of the aidstation just as an example of the detail I'm after..

aid1.jpg

I will be making it all as one object instead of alot of small ones so you won't need to spend alot of time placing them right in the editor...

Vehicles mounted in gliders...yes. We already made hedgerows, etc. Bodies blowing to pieces...not sure if we will tackle that one.

Nice Canis.

veeeeeeery nice stuffs!!!!!!! love them!!!!

....come on Rip =( this will incrase the realism of the mod...better then ace or otherone mod! :D

Looks nice. Maybe add some blood splatters on the stretcher?

EDIT: Previous question? The exaggarated ragdoll effects? I don't see it worth using time on adding more blood and blown off limbs right now.

Edited by Aqu

Perhaps a large map of Normandy (I mean large, not the standard map on an easel.) and other objects that could fit a briefing room type situation.

@Babylon - Rip answered you, and I'm pretty sure he said no.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

i was not talking about extraragdolls, just put a man without a leg or arm if a granade explode next to him...lmaoo..ok ...anyway this is gonna be the best mod ever seen lol