Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

"You get to decide what you use"..jizzed in my pants...anyway thanks alot for spent time on this awesome mod..i love fow team.

Edited by Babylonjoke

I would expect pretty much all of them to be included.

The more variety the better.

There are many sets to chose from. You get to decide what you use. All of these infantry are community contributions. The base for most of the infantry were created by canis, even the ones I gave to gaz to modify.

I didn't know that:) as i recall we actually talked about creating something between his and my models..

but anyways the models i work on now are something brand new more or less so its nothing like the old ones..

I made some quick improvements like ammo pouches arround the chest, i bet thats what alot of you wanted to see, the small firstaid kit hanging on the top of the uniform and a gas detection armband.. I'll post some screenshots soon, I just have to make some good in-game ones since bulldozer doesn't really show them as they really look when you play..

I personally can't wait to see what you come up with. All we did with the previous sets was improve the LODs, add textures, and make them compatible from ArmA for ArmAII. It ended up being quiet the extensive job, much more then we had anticipated. We were shooting to achieve decent FPS. So we had a lot of work to do on them.

I hope we won't have sthe same problem again this time but I don't think so I ran a test with 300+ units with no fps drop at all, however it's a new and better computer so can't really compare the two. I'be been trying to keep all the equipment I add low-poly

I hope we won't have sthe same problem again this time but I don't think so I ran a test with 300+ units with no fps drop at all, however it's a new and better computer so can't really compare the two. I'be been trying to keep all the equipment I add low-poly

We were testing it with 10 LCM(3)'s loaded with 60 a piece with equal amount waiting for them on the beach, plus tracers, explosions, aircraft, armor, post process, etc. It was horrible at first but once we paired down the polys it did pretty good. The engine has this group limitation per side but once we grouped the units we achieved desired results.

oh great...how goes with lcm?? is able to load veichle??

Yes you can load and drive vehicles onto them

a couple of in game shots for you all..

sorry for the poor quality I really don't know how others can make such big and good shots and keep them below 100k's

anyone else think Lt. speirs?

101stupdate2.jpg

101stupdate3.jpg

Pretty good so far. Yes spears it is!

a couple of in game shots for you all..

sorry for the poor quality I really don't know how others can make such big and good shots and keep them below 100k's

Well you can always post just thumbnails in the forum which lead to the original picture... like topas does here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115081

Thanks Atkins, I'm not sure it makes much of a difference though, the screenshots I take are not nearly as high quality as the game for some reason..

now that you mentioned the LCM I got a little tip for when you use them. Use one of the paradrop scripts to make the units eject instead of dismebark, that way they will get out alot faster and it looks alot better aswell..

Were changing and experimenting with the get in/ get out memory points on the lcm model so all the infantry appear to be exiting the vehicle near the ramp

it would be really great if you could get them all to run out of the LCM

They won't unless they make some game engine changes.

A quick question to the community.

In terms of Infantry.

what would you like to see in the next release?

Well certainly besides the mega super detailed map that you are doing ;D love to have a large number of realistic and accurate units in normandy available to me as a partisan,civils and maybe some Canadian and officials, of course I would also like to have a few pieces of small and large caliber artillery...you should make a pilot for your p-38 too :D

In terms of pilots and crew i think they are a given :)

How about Engineer wise? Comp B Explosives/Satchels/Mines?

If we have Brits Then Late War Canadian and Polish should be too hard to sort ;)

ah , u was talkin about equipments!!!well so,

USA : M1a1 mine , Bangalore , M2 anti personel mine and of course, Stachels(throwable should be great) and Comp b(attackable to all veichles) ..dont forget to imrpove your work with m1 mortar transportable!!

British : GS Mk. V AT Mine , Stachels and Comp b...i dont know others mine..lol(dont forget the mortar here too)

German : S-Mine 35 - Tellermine 35 - Geballte Ladung - Gaballte Ladung 3kg -NAVAL MINES and a mortar here too...

Make as they can enter IN ONLY ONE SLOT in inventory...pls let me know more explosives of ww2..lol

I wouldn't think that a AT mine or Satchel/Comp B would take up one slot as they were pretty heavy all in fairness.

The Gabalte Ladung (Stielhandgrante 24 with 6 extra heads attached)

Would be a configured as a grenade with an Extremely short range.

Something in the same respects as a sticky bomb or sticky grenade.

but without the sticky ;)

naval mines is a good idea in all fairness.

And one that had completely slipped my mind.

So thanks for that.

The Mortar transporting should be done between 2 people.

One carrying the base plate/Tube and the other carrying the Cradle/leg assembly.

Of course many of them would have made there way into the mod at one point.

Make artillery transportable by a veichle like the M5 tractor (make it as a supplies too)

Dont forget the AA allied too, like 40 mm bofors , 20 mm twin oerlikon..germans were got too much veichles and weapons...we should lose a night to list :D

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

i know they were pretty heavy...but i dont think the engineers where got only 2 ammo rounds and 3 mines...lol

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

"The Mortar transporting should be done between 2 people.

One carrying the base plate/Tube and the other carrying the Cradle/leg assembly." yeah yeah...but in single player should be not easy to place...

Edited by Babylonjoke

Would we be able to see a British Piat out of interest and will you be adding 2-inch and 3-inch mortars as well?

On the explosive side of things would you consider adding mouse-holing charges to the mod? I'm not sure if they'd be of use in buildings with non-destructable walls however.

Well for the US, 101st, 82nd, 1st ID, 29th ID, 4th ID, 90th ID, 2nd Rangers, and 5th Rangers camo netting for most of the troops.

British Paras, 50th ID, and 3rd ID (camo netted helmets)

Canadians 3rd ID (camo netted helmets)

That would add realism for the mod. I know you guys do not have a Utah map, but the 4th ID and 90th ID would fit well for that.