Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

this would be great see the infantry uniforms...i saw there only airborne uniforms(and i like) =D...maybe its a surprise?:confused: ehm i just reviw the beton vid about omaha beach, trenches looks awesome and i think create the same on the ground of normandy is a great idea...

What's that in the sky?

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No! Well..........

Yes it's a plane

:D

P-38J

p38j_wip1.jpg

p38j_wip2.jpg

P-38 F-5E Recon

p38j_wip6.jpg

Coming to an FoW near you.

uhm...darkest blue should be better anyway...this is what i like to see..yeah baby...ah oh, and cockepits? p.s. fuckin great work

Edited by Babylonjoke

NO

don't give me a P-38

the props, they counter-rotate

they're scattered & sittin'

from Burma to Britain

don't give me a P-38

NO

Don't give me a P-38 with props that counter-rotate

They'll loop, roll and spin but they'll soon auger in

Don't give me a P-38!

Just give me an operations shack, way out on some lonely atoll instead. Now that's an addon I would really look forward to. Even if you didn't go the Unsung route and sneak a few pinups in a locker or something.

For, I, am too young to die, I just want to grow old

:p:yay::p

For, I, am too young to die, I just want to grow old

You know those counter rotating props can actually help you to live old and not die young when the massive torque flipped you plane into woods after you opened the throttle too soon :rolleyes:

S4Y43aH9xx0

The lyrics were written by the pilots who actually flew those old warbirds, as it originated as a drinking song. ;)

I wonder when that was written. The time when F-84 or 86 were around P-38 was long retired.. Funny song anyway. Not heard before :)

some P-38's saw service in south American countries into the late 1950's from what i know.

Korea would have been probable as well.

The only prop fighter US used in Korea was Mustang. There was some arguing that Thunderbolts should have been used for the ground support but they were retired or given to national guard at that time. Thunderbolt would have been more suitable for that task. Many P-38 units shifted to other planes already at the end of the WW2.

The only prop fighter US used in Korea was Mustang. There was some arguing that Thunderbolts should have been used for the ground support but they were retired or given to national guard at that time. Thunderbolt would have been more suitable for that task. Many P-38 units shifted to other planes already at the end of the WW2.

Not true you had the B-29 and A-1 Skyraider as well.:D

-Cough- WW2 topic not 'If X plane fly in X war' :O -Smack- >_> :D P-38 looks good though :D

I said fighters. I was actually thinking US army airforce, but forgot to say army. I was thinking usaaf because P-51, P-47 and P-38 were army planes. Yes Corsairs were used by teh navy and I think Bearcats might have been used in Korea too (not sure though, but the time frame matches).

Can't you all 8+ WW2 mods for Arma2 just combine your forces to Arma2:WW2 and release a huge 20+ gig addon :D

Naah, i know that it will never happen...

Have you guys released any new videos?

And do you have some forum/webpage for this project?

Pls add some thumbnail pics to the first post, other pics than crying children perhaps...?

No new videos im afraid though something might surface soon.

at this second in time i don't have a PC that can play Arma 2 otherwise i would post up something.

No website for the mod either,

Crying Children?

No new videos im afraid though something might surface soon.

at this second in time i don't have a PC that can play Arma 2 otherwise i would post up something.

No website for the mod either,

Crying Children?

Wait a second, if I understand this right you put days of work into making vehicles for a mod that you cannot effectively play in game?

That's dedication people!

EDIT: Oh, "At this second in time" implys that it is temporary. Nonetheless it still is dedication!

Edited by bobtom
Just me, not understanding him correctly

Well no you are correct.

I don't have a computer nor have i had a computer that can play arma 2.

i have never played Arma 2 or the mod.

I just work on the mod that I've worked on since the first Arma releas,

Mainly because i enjoy working with the team.

I enjoy working on all World war II element in the mod.

And enjoy giving back to the community, Which since OFP has given so much to me and all the others out there to enjoy while asking nothing for gratitude in return.

Sometime in the future i hope to get a computer that can play arma 2 and then i will be able to enjoy what i have worked on :)

but until then i will keep dabbling in 2D skinning,Attempting to learn 3D,Audio Work and whatever else i try my hand at :)

As for the Crying babies,

That would come down to the images being removed.

Or,Our old ex teammate attempting to be funny.

Shows their maturity rather well in all fairness.

only thing better might have been this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wPKAqnf0DX0/TNmuRkFe-2I/AAAAAAAABQw/wsE4EMxYMqw/s1600/backstabbers-quotes.jpg

but that's neither here nor there.

I will speak to rip regarding that.

and get it removed and updated.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention however. ;)

Just to clarify the P-38J and F-5 recon were modeled by Aqu and textured by myself.

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

Ah! Fantastic job! I've been following this mod since i saw you on a mod page (can't remember which one) and I has been anxiously waiting for it since!

What I like even better, is that this mod is all independent. You include the whole mod in one download! I support that decision, and think it was the best!

Good luck!

Here, take this random smiley:

:dance1:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!??!?! enigma!!!!!! u havnt got arma2!!!!!!! how do i kill you on multiplayer gameplay now??

im sad.