Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

Could we have maybe something in .jpg format as Xmas present? :p

Happy holidays to everyone :)

Sure...

Not sure if I posted these before, but here you go...

Longue-sur-mer

long2.jpg

heer2.jpg

Some toys

funtoys.jpg

morefun.jpg

Just some scenery...

fow1.jpg

City of Caen work in progress...

plaza1.jpg

fow2.jpg

somepz3-1.jpg

I am very happy to see Nebelwerfer =) i think there is something wrong in the map ...i think atmosphere or ground trexure...uhm....however the units are fuckin greats !!...thanks for these gifts

oh thx Rip for this screens cant wait for this mega-release,the new landscape and grass is wonderful:bounce3:

i think there is something wrong in the map ...i think atmosphere or ground trexure

Yes you are correct there is just one basic ground texture used as a placeholder until more are created using a mask.

Great!!! so will you replace it with a good trexure?? ah...who is workin on the map?? beton??? I would like to congratulate him!!!!!I think the city needs a bit of animation .. type benches fountains and some other varieties....

i love caen!! you guys are doin an awesome job! id like to see some cities in ruins and awesome spots to set up positions. maybe like a sniper in a bell tower? :) im hoping we'll have something like that.

Great!!! so will you replace it with a good trexure?? ah...who is workin on the map?? beton??? I would like to congratulate him!!!!!I think the city needs a bit of animation .. type benches fountains and some other varieties....

There are already benches and fountains ( not pictured ). I primarily do the map since no one would touch a map this size with a 39 ft pole. But Beton has helped, so has Aqu, and Dimitri. I imported Beton's Omaha map into this one.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

i love caen!! you guys are doin an awesome job! id like to see some cities in ruins and awesome spots to set up positions. maybe like a sniper in a bell tower? :) im hoping we'll have something like that.

We have a huge cathedral for that :)

congratulation rip! very great city :)do not forget the bridges..LOL

Already have them. :)

Some more WIP pics from our group:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

As you can see we have put some effort on Brits lately. That includes not just infantry, but also vehicles and the British sector on the large map.

Some more...

screen19.jpg

screen15.jpg

screen11.jpg

screen4.jpg

Edited by Rip31st

Those troops in the screens are T-Roc's work, I think. I also made some british stuff for personal amusement.

Cool British troops, but don't forget to add camo netted helmets on the British soldiers. You know camo net with pieces of thread from other things tied into the helmets. So basically plain helmet if you want Dunkirk type missions and camo netted helmets for D-Day missions. Just a couple of ideas.

Cool British troops, but don't forget to add camo netted helmets on the British soldiers. You know camo net with pieces of thread from other things tied into the helmets. So basically plain helmet if you want Dunkirk type missions and camo netted helmets for D-Day missions. Just a couple of ideas.

Hard to see it here, but we have the camo nets on some of the British soldiers.

fow1.jpg

very good job on the models of tanks, the textures are well rendered!

something new about an M26 maybe?

;)

very good job on the models of tanks, the textures are well rendered!

something new about an M26 maybe?

;)

Where's the love...nobody likes my arma1 pershing :D

m261a.jpg

We've made huge improvements since my ArmA1 days where I modeled tanks overnight!

Edited by Rip31st

Where's the love...nobody likes my arma1 pershing :D

m261a.jpg

We've made huge improvements since my ArmA1 days where I modeled tanks overnight!

well, that's not to say but it's already a good base addon, add a good texture and add details ...

it should give a better appearance of a tank

m26pershing.jpg

:D

ahahah good rip...its one of the wrost tank i have ever seen on arma... ahahahahha

that's like "army man"(the game for playstation1)...aahhahahahhahaha...but i think u have made new one now...you've had an experience

ahahah good rip...its one of the wrost tank i have ever seen on arma... ahahahahha

that's like "army man"(the game for playstation1)...aahhahahahhahaha...but i think u have made new one now...you've had an experience

Yes hahahaha, everything we do now is very good. :D

M26 in warfare mode...yikes! We had it in ArmA1. It was not fun to attack a town with infantry against resistance with Pershing tanks.

Happy new year FoW team!!!i waited a long time now i can finally say 2011, the year of the relase has arrived(i hope)=D