Sign in to follow this  
sn1per

Omg, b2 w nukes addon!

Can you tell us how the Paladin will work?

How will you fire it?

Will it be like the standard tank cannon, or have you solved the whole arty problem?

PS. The model looks awesome!!!

we still are thinking about how it will fire and at the same time we are making the textures better smile.gif

if the way of fireing works that i have in my mind i will tell it all of you right away

How do you change the view distance in ofp? Someone said it was possible to make the maximum viewable distace to 5000. Can someone please go through the steps of doing this? Thanks..

Type into a unit's init field in the mission editor: setviewdistance 5000. For example. I find 2500 a good compromise.

Does anyone know if its possible to change the initial speed and the throw distance of a grenade?confused.gif or mortar??

wouldn't a change to the initial speed of a mortar and grenade, and therfore (im not sure wil ofp physics calculate its effects properly) an increase in the distance start the road towards artillery?

maybe if resistance has mortars, thier script can be utilized to help artillery?

Well if that is the Howizter 109, it's totally wrong. I work with a artillery unit (13 Bravo - Army National Guard). There are claws on the back of the Howizter that are dropped, then the howizter does a jolt back thus locking it into place. You may want to look into that if your on the development team.

Also if the people making that read this, add illumination rounds. We fire a lot of them at night, it's the only way to get the sights of crest if your changing direction.  wink.gif

The Howizter isn't the smartest move in my honest opinion, to much required. You have the range poles, there are 3 procedures to the gunners reflector and much more. You also have the powder cutting and I could go on forever. It's a 20-30 seconds process that takes hours to explain, and it takes a crew of atleast 6 to work (crew chief, gunner, driver, loader, advance crew which requires 2 people if your going to do it quickly). One last thing about the powder, the charge of the powder is another issue. Charge 6 white back will kick up a ton of dust and smoke while a charge 3 will give you a small poof.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Norfolk @ May 08 2002,07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if that is the Howizter 109, it's totally wrong. I work with a artillery unit (13 Bravo - Army National Guard). There are claws on the back of the Howizter that are dropped, then the howizter does a jolt back thus locking it into place. You may want to look into that if your on the development team.

Also if the people making that read this, add illumination rounds. We fire a lot of them at night, it's the only way to get the sights of crest if your changing direction.  wink.gif

The Howizter isn't the smartest move in my honest opinion, to much required. You have the range poles, there are 3 procedures to the gunners reflector and much more. You also have the powder cutting and I could go on forever. It's a 20-30 seconds process that takes hours to explain, and it takes a crew of atleast 6 to work (crew chief, gunner, driver, loader, advance crew which requires 2 people if your going to do it quickly). One last thing about the powder, the charge of the powder is another issue. Charge 6 white back will kick up a ton of dust and smoke while a charge 3 will give you a small poof.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a game wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ May 08 2002,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but he has some good points like the claws<span id='postcolor'>

Yes he does, but the claws are maybe somewhat over-realistic. The APC's don't have turn-out possibility for the passegers either etc.

They would be nice functions but IMO maybe a bit too cosmetic. (can't believe I say that, because I'm the guy who wants troops to be able to ride on top of vehicles) biggrin.gif

It would be nice if someone made one of these.........

lsvbugg.jpg

they are missing from this game i feel (Only my opinion).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hkg3 @ May 08 2002,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be nice if someone made one of these.........<span id='postcolor'>

Stay tuned for mad max IV biggrin.gif

The claws would be a lot of work with Oxygen (too much work)and we also do not know if it is posible with the animation that are there now

------------

hkf thats a good idea!

ill ask the leader if DKM can start on that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone know if its possible to change the initial speed and the throw distance of a grenade? or mortar??

wouldn't a change to the initial speed of a mortar and grenade, and therfore (im not sure wil ofp physics calculate its effects properly) an increase in the distance start the road towards artillery?

maybe if resistance has mortars, thier script can be utilized to help artillery? <span id='postcolor'>

does anyone have an answer on whether its possible.

does anyone know how to access the script of thrown weapons and/or mortars? i know gimbal would have had to do it to make his civilians throw rocks addon.

can somone pleaaasssseeee tell me?

Cheers Vixer, let me know if you are gonna do one  biggrin.gif , you'd make me a happy puppy hehe, that "Pod" thing at the back can have mounts for MG's etc you can find more details on Fast Attack Vehicles here FAV  or here  Spec ops .com ............I emailed BIS ages ago askin if they would pretty please include one of them. Good in desert Black ops missions...In quik satchel,  shoot grenade and gtf out fast hehe