Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Downloadable Content

I want to say that I think that the down loadable content is a great idea and I understand that there is a lot of apprehension with it because there are a lot of companies that might have features within the game that should go to all players,

For instance in your patch that's coming out with the military company campaign it lists that there are game engine improvements.

To me Personally I think game engine improvements should be a patch and not down loadable content.

I love the idea of down loadable content and will buy all of it I like the idea it keeps you involved in the game

However I must be clear on this point what keeps me playing your game and keeps me so interested in this game is the fact that You allow your game to be easily modified by the modding community without this feature of your game I would not like it, So as long as the modding stays the way it is and it is kept easy for our modding community then I love down loadable content

I just hope that you guys at Bohemia Continue to make modding easy for our community and keep adding new content to it.

"But Engine improvements for all please" !

You seems to misunderstood how 'our way of DLC' works ...

ALL the engine improvements and complete content of the DLC in 'lite' format (lower quality) is available to You via upcoming patch

(same as with BAF related engine improvements were part of patch 1.55)

only the SP missions and campaigns aren't available for these who don't have the DLC!

While I do like the new way that BIS has approached DLC (Giving lite versions for free), I'd still like once in a while to get a few new units or weapons in full quality.

Looking back at OFP, we got the A-10 with bombs, BMP2 and Bradley plus some other things (unless I'm recalling incorrectly).

I didn't play ArmA 1 enough to know what was provided for free.

Back in ArmA 2 we got the AH-64 for free as well which was nice.

I know that these things cost money, but it's one of the things that I see BIS did that no other companies did and that's what I love about BIS.

While I'm not really looking forward to PMC, I'll probably buy it to support BIS as ArmA 2 is one of the only games I play right now because of the quality of other games.

Ohhh ok well excellent when I read the improvements on the new patch coming up with the campaign it said many engine improvements I was hoping that would be across the board, and if it is great

I think the additional down loadable content will keep people interested and buying more copies of the game and hopefully make it the largest played on the net. I will buy all of the additional expansions

Dwarden being as you took the time to answer can you explain or tell me if we can ever expect to see improvements like glass that breaks. or more buildings that can be entered lights that go on and off indoors. I mean counterstrike offered some of these features and did not have the graphics that this game does why are these things difficult for us to achieve in this game?

hello so i just spent my hard earned cash on the dlc PMC from gamersgate, and for the second time i have and am having lots of trouble installing and playing, this time i have a variety of messages from: file copy error CRC does not match, game needs version 1.56 of application, and my favourite Rsc mission screen not found! so perhaps one of you wonderful chaps could tell me why the hell i cant get my game to work?

I too am having issues all with steam though tons of errors and haven't gotten online yet,

well then... "You seem to understood how 'our PMC DLC' doesn`t work. ;p

Edited by Shataan