Sign in to follow this  
Synide

modo p3d plugin

New info as at Oct 31st, 2012

Version 3.0.1.0 - 2.3 MBytes

through... MediaFire, Box, DropBox.

SnakeMan found a discrepency (nee: bug) in how Shader Tree masks were being created. The plugin was setting 'Apply to Sub-Group' when it didn't need too. Fixed, and corrected spelling mistakes in help docs. Added note about naming of UV Maps for export to saving.html.

Installation Instructions

Most people have the 601 Content installed with their application. In the root folder of the Content is a new 'Kits' folder. Extract this .7z file into this folder and start modo. Done.

Cheers, Sy.

New info as at June 2nd, 2012
apropos not being able to wait: Is there a Symulus Modo 601 plugin appearing soon? (clap)

Oh, I've a 601 variant... it's still just the loader/saver, still no .rtm... I've included .html help files. So, it's a little more polished.

And, as it's a code re-write I may or may not have introduce bugs...

Probably the main thing to note is that by default pick-maps drive point/vertex selection. If you want weight-maps to drive point/vertex selection you have to add a locator to the mesh. See the help documentation under Help menu.

Installation:- It's probably a good idea to 'blow away' your modo601.cfg and let the application create a 'new' one... thus clearing out any 'old' p3d plugin info.

Most people have the 601 Content installed with their application. In the root folder of the Content is a new 'Kits' folder. Extract this .7z file into this folder and start modo. Done.

modo 601 p3d file i/o plugin 2.2 Mbytes

mirrored via kellys-heros.eu

Cheers, Sy.

Old info prior to June 2nd, 2012

Hi,

After a lot of deliberation I have decided to release this modo c++ plugin to both the ArmA & VBS2 communities. It allows you to read & write mlod p3dm .p3d's from directly within Luxology modo.

This version is essentially still beta as there maybe still bug's or flaws in it's operation. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

It is for the x86 or x64 windows version of modo 401 only at this point.

Also, this version is free to use for the modding community supporting the ArmA franchise and is free to use for the VBS2/Serious Gamers community as well and in a commercial setting if you wish.

The link includes the necessary files plus a couple of quick video's for setup and general usage. The video's unfortunately contribute to the majority of the size of the download.

Please read the readme.txt file included.

As a side note I will may make a 'pro' version in the early part of next year with more features that will probably not be 'free' and aimed more at commercial users but that's a story for another time & place.

Please note the following link is not available 24/7.

modo_p3d_plugin_v0.0.0.5.7z 60 MBytes. including installation/setup & basic usage vids.

or

modo_p3d_plugin_v0.0.0.5_novid.7z 594 Kbytes without videos.

Cheers, Sy.

PS. Also, as an aside. If you are intending too or are using modo and you use this plugin it would be nice if you dropped me a quick pm just saying that you are using it so I can gauge how much potential usage is out there in the world. Thanks.

ALTERNATE DOWNLOADS

• Via Kelly's Hero's c/o pufu.

or

• c/o DaSquade.

or

Edited by Synide
new version

this is great news for the modo users. cheers for sharing it

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I took the liberty and provided a faster mirror for your tool, which is up 24/7.

See first post

In the case you want it down, let me know.

Edited by PuFu

~pufu... cheers, that's fine and i'm sure appreciated by others as well. I'll add it to the first post if that's cool.

Edited by Synide

Awesome news Synide, will definitely be giving this a try. I think this will be getting a lot of use from me, haven't had modo for too long now but really found it to be the best bit of software for me (never really got into 3ds max et al). Will give it a test and report back :)

EDIT: Oh as a side note, the link pufu gave seemed to give me a 404 error when I clicked it.

yeah cheers for the heads up.fixed the url (was .zip instead of .7z)

Just noticed it on the other forum, as modo user i would like to thank you for making it public. Congrats and big thanks.

Updated to v0.0.0.5.

Added option to P3D Assistant dialog to specify what is used for driving the population of 'named selections' in the .p3d during export. Either PICK maps or WGHT maps.

See first post for link.

Just overwrite the 'Symulus' folder with the version from the .7z.

th_P3D_Assistant_v0005.png (260 Kbyte image)

Cheers, Sy.

Edited by Synide

just had a go with my soldier model and thought i'd post, I'm really satisfied right now.

When working with soldier models, you always have to worry about weighting.. it's not easy nor fun to reweight your entire soldier after reuvmaping etc.

But using this tool, I managed to:

extrude faces,

join verts,

and even subdivide (YES! that's right, subdivide!)

1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495.png

Capture221.PNG

Captu39re.PNG

All of which maintained weighting, which is a big deal for me. sorry about the image size ..

Once again - thank you!

Edited by Fox '09

wow, I am a Modonaut and this looks promising. Unfortunately, the links are dead.

wow, I am a Modonaut and this looks promising. Unfortunately, the links are dead.

Try now... As I mentioned though... the links are not 24/7... so you should expect them to be unavailable at various times... just PM me if you are having difficulty acquiring them.

Thanks DaSquade & pufu... appreciated. Links added to first post.

Cheers, Sy.

DaSquade: you sure? I just checked from my laptop, my gf laptop and my PC. All works fine (from diff ISPs)

The links you pasted still don't work for me, but those Synide posted in his first post work

http://pufu.kellys-heroes.eu/modo_p3d_plugin_v0.0.0.5_novid.7z
versus
http://pufu.kellys-heroes.eu\modo_p3d_plugin_v0.0.0.5_novid.7z/

my bad, / instead of \ - fixed

however, chrome doesn't give a damn about it, hence why it worked

It works, for the most part I believe. From what I'm told 501 is currently a little less 'stable' than 401 SP5 so any crashes while using this I/O plugin are quite difficult to track down and may or may not be attributable to the plugin.

There is one issue (that I'm aware of) in that during exporting, the test for item visibility while working fine under 401 no longer functions correctly under 501.

Cheers, Sy.

i might get the trial of 501 just to test it.

i wish modo had some student form of getting this for non-commercial use :)

Ehm, they do? ;)

right, it is 149/year. cheers cakes, i'll prolly get it after the holidays (i am already spending over the budget set)

Add: So I went ahead and bought the demo (No hard feelings here, I'll get that refunded once the back office people at my uni get the paperwork needed out to Luxology) and it seems the plugin works in 501. The typo on the GUI buttons is garbled, but the rest loads fine and handled the unfinished model I threw at it with ease. Thanks Synide for this, you made me a really happy man :D