Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods

Thanks. Let me know if you stumble upon any others.

I am a satisfied user of true mods. Exact same things got handled that have been annoyed me for months. :)

Only one remains, and I guess I can write this idea here, as this would suit this mod. If not: sorry for stealing space and topic.

The little rectangles showing my team members are either on, or completely off. Wouldn't you be interested in doing it toggleable by keypress? :)

They would be off by default, but when pressing space for issuing orders they would turn visible.

Thanks for this collection of great addons. Especially the 'TrueUser'-mods are really an enrichment for the visual appearance of the GUI and look very professional.

The only thing I noticed which needs perhaps some more adjustment (don't know if this is only present for the german-version):

<a  href=fx2ggtur.jpg' alt='fx2ggtur.jpg'>

Thanks for the great mod RG.

I really like it, but i'd like to set up my own FOV and zoom values, maybe with autozoom function. Could you give me some instructions, how to do it?

Thank you very much!

I'm getting this when loading missions:

Addon trueuser_xhair (entry M134_2) not found in the list of active addons.

Tested with and without beta, only mods loaded are CBA and TrueMods.

@TrueUser_Fov & ACE users

See top of first post for the ACE CQB sights fix.

This is BETA, so let me know if I missed any weapons.

Question about the ACE2 fix. Do I use them with the existing trueuser_fov.pbo or do I replace it with the 2 .pbos from the fix? Just want to make sure I'm kosher.

Hi,

does anyone else have the effect with trueuser, that the icons for unit members that join during the mission (lets say you buy infantry in warfare) are scaled?

They look like half hight while retaining width, making the image distorted.

My interface size is set to very small.

Cheers

Crusader

I'm very interested in testing this mod but I'm concerned that TrueUser_Fov might not work well for :

a) TrackIR users

b) EyeFinity users (video outputs to 1x3 monitors)

Can anyone confirm these suspicions?

Test it on its own to see what it does, then test it with trackIR.

I dont have track IR but when I did test the TrueUser_Fov, it prevented another mod I like which is related to the

zoom function you see in my A2WarMod version to not work.

Test it only way to know.

Hey RG, I love your mod man, I will say it makes the game look so much smoother, I just gotta ask, since I've seen that ACE CQB fix I was wondering, is it possible to do the same for all of the RH weapons? I use them quite a lot, some of them have the right field of view but most don't, if there it is simple enough for me to do it I will, but you gotta show me.

has trueuser been updated with v2 keys if not would it be possible for u to do so?

Hi Militantsausage.

You can do this yourself, just open the pbo containing the config of the weapons that you want to edit, unbin the config with a tool such as unrap, and then look for the following lines:

"opticsZoomMin"

"opticsZoomMax"

"opticsZoomInit"

Compare these values with the ones from the ace cqb fix and replace the existing values of the cqb sights by the ones from the ace cqb fix. It should work, let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks man! I'll get around to it, if I ever get it done I'll donate it, I'll see if I can find any CQB sights on ACE weapons that are still zoomed out.

Thanks man! I'll get around to it, if I ever get it done I'll donate it, I'll see if I can find any CQB sights on ACE weapons that are still zoomed out.

Off the top of my head, ACE weps that have improper CQB sight FOV still are: M14 RCO, M249 Elcan, M249 ACOG, Mk17 RCO at least.

You' re welcome. The problem with changing the ones from ace that are still zoomed out would be that it would overwrite your modifications with every ace update. A better solution would be to add the required lines for the new weapons to RG' s ace cqb fix.

Getting this now with the ACE cqb fix

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsZoomMin'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsZoomMax'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsZoomInit'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.distanceZoomMin'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.distanceZoomMax'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsFlare'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsID'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsPPEffects'.

@Spamurai

I didn't know we had cell phones now. Can you tell me how to view it?

This was a while back but don't know if anyone brought it up again. The Cell phone thing is a custom Rsc that is called with a new GPS function. It is used in a couple of missions in the PMC campaign to display video as if you are watching it on your iPhone or whatever. You can see it

starting at about 0:48.

It's not a huge deal, but I guess it means that if someone wanted to use that function in a mission, it wouldn't work correctly for people using TrueMods (GPS Top). As Spamurai said, the video appears at the top right while the phone Rsc stays at the bottom. Don't think there's much can be done about it.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

@Militantsausage

Tisman explained it. It's really simple to do, just takes some time copying, altering, and testing. I have no interest in using RH other then whats already in ACE, but if you want to release it go for it or you can send it to me and I'll just add it to the next version along with the final "TrueUser_Fov-AceCqbFix"s.

@AnimalMother92

All the ones you mentioned should be fixed along with a few others. Turns out I missed a config, heh.

@TrueUser_Fov-AceCqbFix users

See top of first post for the ACE CQB sights fix BETA_v2.

This is BETA, so let me know if I missed any weapons.

I started using TrueMods with ACE 2 recently and I'm loving it. I did encounter a bug in it though and I'm surprised that it hasn't been pointed out.

I was able to launch myself in the air by swapping from an iron sighted weapon to grenades and throwing them. See for yourself. Maybe it's ACE and TM conflicting.

Thats quite awesome. I just need to get our player to stick the landing then I have myself a neat little feature.

Turns out to be a bug relating to the new grenade animations introduced in ACE, which btw are awesome!

If you don't feel like waiting for TrueGameplay_Wizardry, you can either disable Truegameplay_Animation_TransitionSpeed OR download the hotfix below.

@Truegameplay_Animation_TransitionSpeed & ACE users

See top of first post for the ACE Grenade Fix BETA_v1.

BETA_v1.

Let me know if this works for you.

I started using TrueMods with ACE 2 recently and I'm loving it. I did encounter a bug in it though and I'm surprised that it hasn't been pointed out.

I was able to launch myself in the air by swapping from an iron sighted weapon to grenades and throwing them. See for yourself. Maybe it's ACE and TM conflicting.

not necessarily ACE-related. I think it maybe a strictly TrueMod bug, cuz I don't have ACE (yeah, I know, a sin right? :p), and I've had that bug happen a number of times. Although, for me it was sprinting and throwing a grenade while I was sprinting. When I'd stop sprinting and release the grenade at the same time, it's like I travel with the grenade.