Sign in to follow this  
PELHAM

Helicopter rocking (tail wagging) in level flight - Arma 2 OA

When AI are flying the helicopters they wag the tail up and down a few feet when in straight and level flight about once a second. Not realistic and is irritating on a long flight.

I find I have to create a constant climbing, descending, turning WP flight path to make then stop doing it.

Is this normal? How do you solve it? I have the latest OA update with BAF and PMC (1.56?)

edit: it's 1.55 I have

Edited by PELHAM

When AI are flying the helicopters they wag the tail up and down a few feet when in straight and level flight about once a second. Not realistic and is irritating on a long flight.

I find I have to create a constant climbing, descending, turning WP flight path to make then stop doing it.

Is this normal? How do you solve it? I have the latest OA update with BAF and PMC (1.56?)

It is not "normal", was never intended, was introduced with 1.54 and will be fixed sometime in a coming patch.

I cant wait to see it fixed, it really bothers the hell out of me, I love choppers, best part of the modern battlefield in my opinion, but definately no fun when the pilot cant hold it steady. And how do you have PMC when it doesnt release til the 30th?

The latest update adds some PMC characters and vehicle to the ordinary OA. Same thing happened with BAF. Go to the map editor and have a look under

Side: Independant

There is a new faction: PMC

men - Contractor1 and Contractor2

cars - PMC SUV

oh ok, I was thinkning you had the entire package, plus the 1.56 patch which hasnt even been released yet.

ok, this is really dragging me down, the new patch 1.56 was released and the problem still persist's, does BIS not care anymore or what. I think they are trying to drive us away from ArmA and convert us into call of duty players. what happened to the days of OFP CWC, where I had tank interior and I was searching for T-80's at ranges of 2km+, what happened to the real tactics, im sick of fighting these pathetic maniacs in the middle of afghanistan(where empires go to die) for nothing, bring back what this game is meant for please BIS!!

This may have been partially fixed in 1.57 but I have not had time to download it yet?

The notes also say they have fixed the other bug of the double rotor blade animations on the MH-60 and A/M/H-6 Littlebirds.

Anyone noticed any difference?

Thank you to BIS for the hard work on this great game!

ok, this is really dragging me down, the new patch 1.56 was released and the problem still persist's, does BIS not care anymore or what. I think they are trying to drive us away from ArmA and convert us into call of duty players. what happened to the days of OFP CWC, where I had tank interior and I was searching for T-80's at ranges of 2km+, what happened to the real tactics, im sick of fighting these pathetic maniacs in the middle of afghanistan(where empires go to die) for nothing, bring back what this game is meant for please BIS!!

Play arma2 and its campaign and youll get soemwhat OFP CWC feeling

I can confirm this is resolved - it will still rock at very low altitude (less than 10m) when at Normal or Full speed due to the terrain avoidance programming. The rotors are nearly hitting the ground at the angle of attack for those speeds.

If you need the AI to fly very low remember to:

_groupOne setSpeedMode "LIMITED"

They will fly normally at 2m along a runway with this setting.

Edit - i am told the issue is completely removed in the latest beta patch so will hopefully be gone completely with the next update.

Edited by PELHAM