Sign in to follow this  
11aTony

Need for Speed SHIFT 2

Hi all!

In the intro of newest fail from EA (NFS Hot Pursuit) new SHIFT was announced. It says NFS Shift 2 Unleashed so Im hoping for something like Porsche Unleashed. That were good times for me, still are. Hustling with used cars to buy and upgrade new, incredible challanges in Factory Driver and quite realistic handling. Nice, not flashy menus and very well made car showcase and specs. You can open doors, hood, trunk or adjust roof as well as compare detailed car stats with other cars.

Shift is good but feels kind of empty. I felt like they could have done more. However I loved the handling. Not too hard, not arcadi either.

Teaser of Shift 2 can be seen here:

Although it does not show much or nothing at all. I try to post some more videos when they come out. They say release date of the game 2011 though.

So what do you guys like more. Classic NFS like Hot Pursuit 1, semi sim like porsche 2000 or something more like Live for Speed? Or do you maybe hate NFS and like pure racing sims?

This video might help you decide:):

I'm interested simply because it has the FIA GT1 cars in it. From the video, the Nissan sounded pretty good, not too far from what real life, so that's promising.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 from 2002 still blows the new one out of the water.

No AA support

Low resolution textures on roadside hills and ground

Warnings about everything

Annoying cutscenes whenever you crash, hit a spike belt..etc.

The camera shake and blackout effects in SHIFT need to be toned down or disabled

I would have bought Shift if it wasn't for those two things making me sick.

Need for Speed World is a borefest with the game spawning cops out of thin air to stop you

even the roadblocks spawn a few metres in front of you.

Cop cars even slide sideways from a dead stop to box you in. it's really bad.

Edited by jblackrupert

I miss the days of Porsche 2000, that game remains the pinnacle of the NFS series. However, I do often pick up the Most Wanted and Undercover series IOT sample the "fast car" music on the OSTs.

...I was introduced to Pendulum that way. :dj:

Here is the official site with some very interesting info:

http://www.needforspeed.com/game/shift-2-unleashed

Choose the path that fits your own personal racing style, unlock new experiences and challenge the world’s best drivers in multiple disciplines while on your way to becoming the FIA GT1 World and GT3 European Champions.
Using the first Shift as a base, this has potential to be an awesome sim. Just need to keep the EA morons that wanted crap like "aggression points" in the game away from this.

Hopefully the FIA GT stuff comes with all the necessary stuff to simulate FIA GT races like pit stops. The trailer already shows we'll be getting more cars on the track, there's definitely more than 16 cars there.

For me NFS Underground 2 is still the best NFS, simply because of all the tuning possibilities