Sign in to follow this  
bboy

Group sending a radio messages to the player

There is my problem. Well, i need to cover with the sniper rifle from the hill one group who's operating in the village. The player is not the part of that group. I want to receive a radio message from that group every time when one team member get's killed. For example...

GROUP ALPHA: ''...Alpha Two is down!''

GROUP ALPHA - the name of the group

Alpha Two - the name of the unit from that group

And, if its possible to do that without script but only with triggers, how to do that without caps and with the different color, example blu?

Can someone at least tell me how to change name of my base... Example:

PAPABEAR=[West,"HQ"]; PAPABEAR SideChat "Base to Alpha One..."

When i put this command in the trigger, the name of the HQ is shown as CROSSROAD, blue color... Can i change the name and the color?

Not the color, as it's driven by sideChat, but you can change the callsign via stringtable.csv in your mission, like i.e.:

Language,English,German

STR_CFG_PAPABEAR,HQ

STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE,Command

//STR_CFG_BASE,Test 3 Base //Can't be used, have same identity as PAPABEAR

//STR_CFG_HQ, Test4 HQ //Can't be used, have same identity as PAPABEAR

PAPABEAR (or one of the two commented ones) and FIREFLYBASE are the only two that can be successfully used. Change one of the three, and you will change all three, sadly.

A better solution, that goves you a whole lot more control, but also adds complexity, is to use the kbTell system instead of the older chat commands.

Use the command setGroupID to control what they are called when side channel is used. Sure you can use triggers, but why?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Not the color, as it's driven by sideChat, but you can change the callsign via stringtable.csv in your mission, like i.e.:

Language,English,German

STR_CFG_PAPABEAR,HQ

STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE,Command

//STR_CFG_BASE,Test 3 Base //Can't be used, have same identity as PAPABEAR

//STR_CFG_HQ, Test4 HQ //Can't be used, have same identity as PAPABEAR

PAPABEAR (or one of the two commented ones) and FIREFLYBASE are the only two that can be successfully used. Change one of the three, and you will change all three, sadly.

A better solution, that goves you a whole lot more control, but also adds complexity, is to use the kbTell system instead of the older chat commands.

Use the command setGroupID to control what they are called when side channel is used. Sure you can use triggers, but why?

I tryed to use this thing:

FIREFLYBASE=[West,"COMMAND"]; FIREFLYBASE SideChat "Base to Alpha One..."

not working...

how to use name FIREFLYBASE? And why if i put PAPABEAR=[West,"HQ"]; on the screen is writen CROSSROAD?! I used to using triggers... less complicated... I'm making single mission.

Regardless, HQ seems to -always- show up as CROSSROAD. What I do is set a unit away from the action, name him using

groupname = this;
groupname setGroupId ["HQNAMEHERE"]
[/Code]

And it will, instead of showing 1-1-A (Like with units) or CROSSROAD (For the standard HQ) and give it... diversity(?) compared to other radio chats.

Hope this helped ^^

Unfortunately that requires a regular group, rather than the special identities.

Let's try this again. You need to create a stringtable.csv with the following:

Language,English,German
STR_CFG_PAPABEAR, CROSSUS ROADUS
STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE, STEEL RAIN

Examples of use:

[west,"HQ"] sideChat "Hello from Crossus Roadus";
[west,"Airbase"] sideChat "Hello from Steel Rain";

And that's all you need to do. You can now enable chat from a unit that doesn't have to exist in the map, and his number isn't appended to the end of the identifier. It remains CROSSUS ROADUS instead of CROSSUS ROADUS 1. There are 4 identities you can set up, but you will end up with only two unique ones; one for FIREFLYBASE and one for PAPABEAR/BASE/HQ.

Means that if you do something like:

[west,"Base"] sideChat "Hello from Crossus Roadus";

the identifier used will still show up as CROSSUS ROADUS even if it was only defined for HQ. So it's no sense in trying to use more than two.

Regardless, HQ seems to -always- show up as CROSSROAD. What I do is set a unit away from the action, name him using

groupname = this;
groupname setGroupId ["HQNAMEHERE"]
[/Code]

And it will, instead of showing 1-1-A (Like with units) or CROSSROAD (For the standard HQ) and give it... diversity(?) compared to other radio chats. 
Hope this helped ^^
Thanks man! It's working now! Everythings good, insteed when you put "HQNAMEHERE", it's shown as HQNAMEHERE 1. But that is not a problem...[color=Silver]
[size=1]---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------[/size]
[/color]Unfortunately that requires a [i]regular[/i] group, rather than the [i]special[/i] identities.
Let's try this again. You [b]need[/b] to create a stringtable.csv with the following:
[code]
Language,English,German
STR_CFG_PAPABEAR, CROSSUS ROADUS
STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE, STEEL RAIN

Working now! When you put:

[west,"Airbase"] sideChat "Hello from Steel Rain";

...on the screen you can see BASE FIREFLY as a name. It's good enough for me! Thank man!

But if you create the stringtable.csv file in your mission you can redefine "BASE FIREFLY" and "CROSSROAD" to whatever you like. Makes it look more professional, and you can use callsigns that actually exists as words (ArmA 2\Expansion\Addons\dubbingradio_e\RADIO\Male01EN\DEFAULT\team). But, it's up to you naturally.