Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76067

I've been haveing trouble getting ANY beta to work since about 3 or 4 betas back. Before that I had NO problems running ANY beta. I get this first message .....

arma2betaerror.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

then inside the menus of the game I get blank menus. no text what so ever. In the multiplayer menu IT is also blank. Noting shows.

Anyone got any ideas?

Incidently, the beta seems to install with no errors and to the proper folder ...... ArmA 2/Expansion/beta. And I am set up as the Administrator and I've tried running under XP emmulation. All with the same results. My Normal (no beta patch) ArmA 2/OA/Full BAF is running fine and I have NO problems logging in an playing.

Edited by ChiefRedCloud
addum

New video of the blinking vegetation:

Had these setting when recording: 1920x1200, 3D res 100%, 16:10, Visibility 1600m, all medium except AA disabled, shadow/HDR/Post High, Vsync Enabled. With all high, still the same bug. Vsync have no effect.

I use only this in shortcut:

-mod=BAF;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Computer: Q6600 @ 3,4GHz, 4Gt memory, HD6870 (Driver 10.10), X-fi Audio, Vista 64bit SP2. New HD, reinstalled Vista. In previous betas I tested also 10.10e driver. And same bug with HD4890 (10.4 & 10.11).

When compated to 75666 beta, this 76067 fixed the tree LOD issues for me. Only grass blinking remains.

Edited by SaOk

Hi there,

got massive LOD popping, but as someone advised -exThreads=7 fixed it for me.

Specs:

I7-920@stock

ATI 5970

6GB RAM

ARMA+OA @SSD

All settings (except AA and PP) to very high.

Cheers

Crusader

I tryed exThreads=3 before and now exThreads=7, but dosent fix it for me. :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1797258&postcount=100

Did the same as this previous page post (Dual core 3.1 gig, gtx260 2 gig ram) and I managed to iron out the popping and micro stutter when flying pretty much back to 1.54 standard of what I was used too. As regards slow down and slow drawing moments, I haven't seem them again "yet" but I will see now I go not im using these settings.

My setting as always are:

Visibility: 3200

Resolution3D: 1440x900

Interface: (114% setting)

Texture: Normal

Memory: Very High

Anitrosophic: High

Antialiasing: Low

Terrain: Normal

Objects: Normal

Shadow: High

HDR: Normal

Postprocess: High

Vsync: Disabled

Using exthreads=3 and what the previous poster quoted were set in config & nvidia control panel, using 260.99.

Drawing is back to how it was both on chernarus and others, popping is back to how it was (could be better but normal as we are used too), not much stutter flying and so on, and decent enough fps throughout again now. I think im back to being happy again :) BTW I tried XP mode, and also setting Exthreads=7 .. pretty crap draw performance for me on that.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hi there,

got massive LOD popping, but as someone advised -exThreads=7 fixed it for me.

Specs:

I7-920@stock

ATI 5970

6GB RAM

ARMA+OA @SSD

All settings (except AA and PP) to very high.

Cheers

Crusader

Should this not set by default for a I7920

Anyone else experiencing long "freezes" (4-5 sec) then it was back to normal in MP with this build? Had two of thoose tonight but no CTD's.

Also once the graphics totally screwed up (i.e "LSD mosaic" type of thing) and had to back out (hard when you can't see text on buttons) and shut down A2:OA then starting it again it was OK. I have seen this once or twice before and I think latest time was with 75445 but wrote I off as a fluke or my GTX260 acting up.

The good news is that the LOD/texture issue and stuttering seems fixed with the changes previously described.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Tarfu in this game since the patch.

You are nominated for the "most usefull feedback 2010" award ;)

/KC

You are nominated for the "most usefull feedback 2010" award ;)

/KC

If i had to list every issue of this game i wouldn't finish until 01.01.2011 ;)

On that note, most issues are already out by people. Lets just say the big one is LOD's and the 1.55 patch itself:sly:

With this patch, the gamespy ingame server browser is not showing servers. But when I run the game without beta patch it does show servers... Strange???

I don't have problems with servers in any version ( current beta and 1.55 ).

Like always it depends on the user.

Was kicked from the game with beta patch. Crashed when reconnecting. Started 1.55, worked??

Weird? Yes. TARFU? Yes.

try to get this beta-patch from the usual place...

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

and it says logon ftp etc ? never had this b4

where else can i get the 76067 patch?

Just tested it and I had no problems to download it from the official one. If you still have problems to get it, here is another source.

LOD flickering is still here for me, though it pretty much goes away if I'm using exThreads=3.

..Also once the graphics totally screwed up (i.e "LSD mosaic" type of thing) and had to back out (hard when you can't see text on buttons) and shut down A2:OA then starting it again it was OK. I have seen this once or twice before and I think latest time was with 75445 but wrote I off as a fluke or my GTX260 acting up.

That sounds like either having heat issues with your hardware or an in-game video memory setting.

That sounds like either having heat issues with your hardware or an in-game video memory setting.

I agree and last night I checked my GPU temperature with GPU-Z while flying in Takistan and it peaked at 63 °C.

It doesn't sound that hot but it could be my GTX260 anyway. In game memory setting is "Default".

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Got the BattlEye initialization problem again :(

Solved with an uninstall of BattlEye. Now I guess I can say I got rid of the problem.

I agree and last night I checked my GPU temperature with GPU-Z while flying in Takistan and it peaked at 63 °C.

It doesn't sound that hot but it could be my GTX260 anyway. In game memory setting is "Default".

/KC

If you have your 260 overclocked I'd suggest putting them back at stock speeds or at least lowering them a bit till it seems more stable. Even if the heat isn't causing it the higher clocks can (if that's even the case here), figure I'd throw that out there.

I've had a crash to desktop, and a complete computer lockup after installing this beta! Also, before it locked up, the grass in the foreground of the demo screen(the one with the 3 scud trucks) were blue.

I was having a lot of problems with the 1.55 patch and the beta, at first. Both patches would start off slow, and then gradually become unplayable, with FPS rates getting down to 2 FPS. Models would load slowly at first, and after about 10 minutes, entire buildings would pop into existence 50-100 meters in front of me.

I deleted all the .cfg files to let the game generate new ones, and this, for whatever reason, made the game MUCH smoother. I still had a lot of LOD issues, and they were pretty noticable in the big cities in Chernarus. If I looked at the factory, it would load in 10 seconds, and then if I looked away for 10 seconds, and looked back, it would be GONE and start loading back in. But, the game was playable again, so I dealt with it for a while.

Yesterday I put -exthreads=3 in my command line, and it's like a whole new game! NO more issues with LODs on any terrain. The FPS rate is solid, and consistent, with no more stuttering or unexplained slowdowns. I was able to kick the post-processing up to normal from none (Looks great, thanks!), and high shadows in heavily forested areas aren't a problem anymore. Terrain detail is still low, but I could kick it up to normal if I wanted to without a huge hit in FPS.

My benchmarks went WAY up, too, even with the higher graphics settings. I was getting 18-25 FPS before, and now I'm consistently getting 35-40 FPS in the benchmarks, with no weirdness like slow-loading LODs that used to be normal for me.

Hardware:

Alienware M17 Laptop

2x ATI Mobility 4850 1gb drivers version 10.11

2x 250gb HDD in Raid

3gb RAM

17" 1200p screen

Core2 Extreme X9100 Dual Core @ 3.06Ghz

64-bit Windows 7

Arma 2 Combined Ops, latest beta version

arma2oa.exe renamed to arma2.exe to force ATI CrossfireX

Screen Res 1920-1200, 3d res 1680-1050

AF Highest, AA None

Textures Very High

Tex Mem Default

Terrain Low

Shadows High

Post Processing Normal

HDR Normal

V-Sync off, both in Catalyst Control Center and Arma2

Anyway, I'm really enjoying Arma2, it really is like a new experience, it's such a dramatic improvement! Thanks!