Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76067

I have the same issue. Some grass elements appear out of nowhere, some change LOD instantly and some flickering between LOD levels too.

I can confirm this, the lod switches of grass were much smoother in the previous beta. Currently it looks bad, especially along the edges of asphalt roads.

In that case I can't do much more than reminding you that there are two battleye directories. Hoped you picked the right one

Works fine on 1.55 vanilla and all previous beta's....

BattlEye Server will just not initialise on a BETA 76067 arma2oaserver.exe for us...

Not seen anyone else post the same issue, so not sure whats up

This beta killed "running through HMMWV" bug, also reduced the game stutter and LOD issue a little, at least for me. It's still not 1.54 level, but it's better.

Moar plz.

I think this build is now definately better than anything 1.54 delivers. The rock coliision and pathfinding issue solved and performance is now at 1.54.74630 level again for me. No sign of any Texture or LOD problems so far.

Setting:

-exThreads=3

Visibility: 3000

Resolution3D: 1680x1050

Interface: 1680x1050

Texture: High

Memory: Very High

Anitrosophic: High

Antialiasing: Disabled

Terrain: Normal

Objects: Very High

Shadow: High

HDR: Normal

Postprocess: Disabled

Vsync: Enabled

29fps in Benchmark E08

Battleye failed to initialise with this beta.

Re-installed Arma2+OA+BAF (+1.55 and this beta) cause i was getting; "battleye corrupted memory #0".

Now i get Battleye failed to initialise instead. Ive never ran a beta online, but i thought that a server running 1.55 would let someone using this beta play on it, no?

I tried also installing manually (install wont appear at all). Downloading the files from Battleyes website and placing them manually. Giving special permission and access to both client and server .dlls files. Turned off Comodo firewall, then uninstalled comodo firewall.

Playing 1.55 without beta lets me connect and play, also says updating Battleye, which gave me another shred of hope as i tried with the beta again. No luck.

Im at my tethers end here with all the issues im having (CTD)... :mad:

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:51 PM ----------

Okay, fixed it. Heres what i did/had to do.

Because i was running this beta fresh off an install it seems that the battleye files didnt update properly (after manually adding them myself to no avail; that is adding them to C:\users\ME\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\Battleye, Arma2OA\Battleye, & Arma2\Expansion\Battleye).

Couldnt figure it out for the life of me, then i decided "fuck it" and tried playing 1.55 without the beta to see if i could connect then. (bear in mind i was getting 'buffer too small errors' (or whatever patch 666 was meant to fix) before so i wasnt pleased using 1.55)

I could connect fine, and i also noticed that Battleye says it was updating (which can i add, IS FUCKING STUPID... sorry, but it is since i downloaded the newest ones from the site). So its updated, which is strange since the ones on the site didnt work, nor did the ones that came with the beta (that is if they even installed, cant see any install window).

Still didnt work at this stage with the beta.

Turns out that the timestamp on the BEclient.dll file in C:\users\ME\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\Battleye was the exact time that i had just been playing so i figured that was the updated file. I had no options left so i just decided to copy and paste that into the aforementioned folders above.

Now it works, with the beta. :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by rscarrab

Works fine on 1.55 vanilla and all previous beta's....

BattlEye Server will just not initialise on a BETA 76067 arma2oaserver.exe for us...

Exactly what was happening to me. Start the server, get the error, without any client connecting. Just the server. And it worked fine with the regular 1.55. Even the BIS BattlEye installer posted here didn't work.

I was pretty sure the server dll was the fix. Maybe it was something else I did without noticing.

I personally didn't change the client dll and it would be weird if the client dll fixed a server problem, but maybe it's worth a shot.

On a second thought, I didn't change the client dll, but maybe the BIS BattlEye installer I just mentioned did. Not sure if that plays a role

Finally I got back to CO+BAF with reinstalled Vista and new HD. LOD issue is better, the trees looks good, but I have still the blinking grass (and other small vegetation) which is easy to see in slow moving cutscene camera.

I've had the "blinking grass" for as long as I can remember. Way before 1.55.

Is there a bug tracker ticket for the blinking grass thing already? The general tree blinking ticket was marked as Resolved. Just because the grass thing has been around for ages doesn't mean it's fine, right? :) (though I think it's become more apparent with the latest patch - I can't remember it being as visible as now)

I can confirm, it was always not static for me..always switching and little blinkin'..always

-exThreads=3

Visibility: 3000

Resolution3D: 1680x1050

Interface: 1680x1050

Texture: High

Memory: Very High

Anitrosophic: High

Antialiasing: Disabled

Terrain: Normal

Objects: Very High

Shadow: High

HDR: Normal

Postprocess: Disabled

Vsync: Enabled

29fps in Benchmark E08

you put memory on "very high" because you have 1gb memory on your gfx card, or why ? i never got into the the different settings, like default, high , very high for the texture memory..can somebody tell in 1 sentence what setting for which card? sorry to interrupt the beta discussion. or pm me plz ..thx

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Like it says its for the video memory, thats the RAM of your card. I got only 512 MB but im good with very high when using exThreads 3.

thought i remember BIS for this here, its only minor but im sure it should be only a small change in config or so:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14278

I have had also some grass blinking always. But now it happens really near and all the time. The whole sections of grass and other flowers are missing for half seconds then coming back and disappering again. Its very noticeable. Its like the blinking trees in previous beta, which is now fixed.

One small bug, I also spotted that after playing Zargabad map and returning to game menu, there is snowing around one unit on left of the screen. The scene with 3 SCUDs.

Edited by SaOk

Correct and i even made a ticket about that short after Arma2 release, however somehow no-one cared about it, it wasn't even assigned IIRC.

Perhaps the time has come for BIS to stop wasting time and money with patching/tweaking all or most bugs/issues that are not 100% "gamebreaking"?

Arma2 is done and maybe already "forgotten" by devs/producer, Operation Arrowhead serves as a testbed for DLC developments...

Bad vision ^^. Its a shame if it's true.

Didn't Arma 2 just get patch 1.08?
1+

But the rumor is not just here.

Well A2 was left long ago - BIS only made a "final" patch or do you really think that A2 content (incl. campaigns+missions) will be upgraded anytime soon?
If not, is it cheating.:icon_evil: Edited by TeilX

Arma2 is done and maybe already "forgotten" by devs/producer

Didn't Arma 2 just get patch 1.08? ;)

Hi,

I tried the game yesterday:

1) no mods.

2) exThreads=3

3) CPU O.C to 13%

4) HD defragmanted

Tried the British mission something about freeing a village, i did not notice any LOD issues, missing texture or texture pop up. I was surprised but i have to try other missions to test further.

One thing i noticed was the change in the machine gun sound, not sure how to describe this but almost sounded like it has two sound versions.

Its not bad vision its called running a business and making profit. :p

Well A2 was left long ago - BIS only made a "final" patch or do you really think that A2 content (incl. campaigns+missions) will be upgraded anytime soon? ;)

...do you really think that A2 content (incl. campaigns+missions) will be upgraded anytime soon? ;)

Who is talking about adding new content :confused: I thought we were talking about fixing what is broken!

Tested out the new beta. All 1.55 nasty bugs are gone, so that is a good sign. Keep it up BIS.

guys need more video of the blinking grass

+ screenshot of your advanced video settings

+ commandline params if you use them to run game

+ your system inof (CPU, GPU, GPU driver version)

thanks

also so far i got only ONE 76067 crashdump ... don't tell me You don't crash ;)

btw. i have reports from multiple people theirs game stalls after 20-60m minutes which sounds like some sort of leak issue

in that case please try use the LEFT SHIFT + NUMPAD MINUS and then type CRASH

the engine should try invoke crash and write dumps then as usually send to my email myforumnickname on bistudio.com

My LOD and textures issues seem to be gone .

Happy to say that after doing the following changes the LOD/texture issue seems to have improved a lot for me...

1. Re-generated ArmA2OA.cfg, checking the difference I had the following lines in my old ArmA2OA.cfg (after an old tweak that worked fine back then)...

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

In the newly generated ArmA2OA.cfg I left it to default...

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=4;

2. Changing the following in my A2:OA profile in nVidia Control panel.

Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1

Vertical sync = Force on

changed to

Maximum pre-rendered frames = 3 (nVidia default)

Vertical sync = Use the 3D application setting

The above two things seems to improve the LOD/texture but still experienced some wierd stuttering (was a bit more notable with V-sync ON and a tad better with V-sync OFF) so the last thing I changed was...

3. Adding "-exThreads=3" to my command line.

And the wierd stuttering seems gone (or at least improved alot) :)

After this I did experienced one total freeze (no dumps created and hard restet required) after I tried to ALT-TAB to desktop fom the editor in SP. Still early days so I need to do some more testing in SP as well as MP tonight to be sure but it looks very promising so far...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat