Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76067

Cool patch versions BIS are giving out. This one shows the same version number backwards and forwards.
It's called a palindrome :)

Thats the thing now, becuase we are looking for an issue you tend to forget what was "normal but still LOD issues longterm to be looked at" and what 1.55 was adding

good statement ... have to say this although I was one of those who said there was nothing worse with 1.55 ... but so it is, I have to admit now

I think I spoke a little too soon :)

I just experienced while getting a heli lift a slowdown fps chug moment, and again starting to see the drawing of objects slowly get worse and slower in surrounding towns while turning in 3rd person heli view. It was on the coast of Chernarus, all was fine and then it kicked in.

It was low visibility becuase of rain so fog was setting draw to say 1000, but whole towns were only getting to being half drawn directly under heli location while flying, and again, cured mearly by pressing alt-tab and back to game.

Will have to test a little more, but it was same experience, all of a sudden, same results, same workaround, really odd to work out too.

To get a repro is bloody hard becuase its so sporadic, I always know becuase turning starts to become tougher when spinning, and then whole clumps of trees with draw back in very late, then buildings and so on. So that seems to still be showing up but not LOD flicker.

Edited by mrcash2009

Wow..i still got the extreme LOD and texture swichting:mad:

Just a note, may be already reported and fixed.

after full 1.55 was deployed i got slow load and textures changing.

I was in our domination base in the N airfield and when i looked out of the gate(base), i could only see buildings in Rasman near the road closest to airfield. looked like i had viewdistance of 100-200, not my normal 2500.

All builings more than 200ish away was simply not there, Rasman was viewed as a small village with 5 houses or so, this at close range.

Took a jackal and drove around the streets in rasman and man it was buggy, slow loading textures, shop windows not visible, only poor textured holes in building, aswell as regular textures all over being poor.

I fixed it by turning HDR in graphics options ingame back to normal again, took same jackal and drove same route and all worked normal, no more low or not there textures, also view distance was back to normal. i could again see all buildings in rasman with details such as shop windows, door ways etc, when i stood at the airfield entrance.

Thought i should mention it anyway, just incase.

Just had a quick MP test and I'm sorry to report that I still have serious LOD-issues and increased stuttering (low ping server 15-25 mS).

A2OA_B76067_LOD_00.jpg

A2OA_B76067_LOD_01.jpg

During testing the vegetation on Takistan, one thing was conspicuous:

Some trees seem to switch back to the lowest LOD for one short moment right after they switched to the higher textured one, if you come closer to them (I can make a vid/repro if needed, but it should be clear after some moments in the editor).

Can confirm that, for me it was very notable on pinetrees (also saw it on some other objects) when flying NOE in the MH-6.

Again, the last beta that worked OK on my system (see below) was 1.54.74630 and it wins hands down compared to the last ones including this.

System:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.40 GHz

- 2 x 1 GB RAM @ 1066 MHz

- nVidia GTX 260 896 MB (Driver: 191.07 WHQL)

- Windows XP Pro SP2

Using:

A2(DVD)+OA(DVD)+BAF(Sprocket)

Command line parameters:

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;BAF -nosplash -profiles=d:\games\ARMAII~1\ -bepath=client1 -name=KeyCat

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

well im happy im not the only one!

But how can it be so hard to reproduce?

74630 was the last beta which run smooth, the next beta release introduced that issue, so wheres the problem to check the process between those 2 betas?!

@Himmelsfeuer:

I'm sure you have done it before in other threads but could you please post your system specifications and drivers? May help devs to see patterns...

/KC

DualCore E8400 3.00 No Oc

ATI HD 4850 512MB Ram

4 Gigabyte Ram

Samsung HDD 7200RPM

Running XP 32Bit

I testet a fresh ArmaII+OA install with this settings:

Texture Quality: High

Texture Memory: High

Antistropic Filter: High

AA: None

ObjectDetails:High

TerrainDetail: High

ShadowDetail:High

Blur/PP Effects: None

View Distance:1600meters

Tested with VSync on and of same with the level of HDR. Its allways the same. Its not related to too high settings definitly.

Also my XP is installed very fresh, so this is not the issue. Please BIS look at the changes which were made after 74630. this was the last beta which run fine for the most of us.

New ticket opened at Dev Heaven.......

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15370

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Is it just me or does this new beta seem to give lower FPS and more stuttering than the last one?

EDIT: It was me, restarted pc and everything is back to normal.

Edited by GossamerS

well im happy im not the only one!

But how can it be so hard to reproduce?

74630 was the last beta which run smooth, the next beta release introduced that issue, so wheres the problem to check the process between those 2 betas?!

I agree +++++

This Beta didn't resolve anything.

Only -exthreads=7 (or 3 a little less) fixes the problem.

XP 32 - Dualcore 3Ghz - HD4670 1G

For me this Beta looks A LOT BETTER. Running all options on "Very High" with a i7-860 CPU and an ATI 5850 OC. I now get 35-40 fps but a much nicer picture, I guess that's how it should be. Didn't notice any heavy issues yet, no crashes, no texture blinking. I am a happy camper now.

VictorFarbau

To all with FPS and LOD problems after Patch or recent beta, I recommend to rename both .cfg in your ArmA2 folder to. bak and let the game write new ones. This did help for me as well as a custom -exThreads=x setting. The current beta make my system have xx630 like performance again without the oak trees switching on Chernarus.

wount work since a complete reinstall deletet the cfg´s all...

also ext threads 3 didnt make anything better for me.

wount work since a complete reinstall deletet the cfg´s all...

also ext threads 3 didnt make anything better for me.

For further Tips it might be usefull when you could give us some details about your PC specs. Different types of CPUs need differnt values in -exThreads=x.

It would be best to post all your graphics settings in detail here.

Himmelsfeuer complete reinstall of game is not deleting any cfgs btw. You must do that manually

the arma2 folder in my documents was deleted, but i also manually deleted the cfg´s again. no success sadly; i just posted my system specs, please tell me what i can do else, dont know how to repro it, but like i said it happened after the 74630 build. key cat also has that problem with a nvidia card, so it cant be driver related. suma just posted that they cant repro it with that build, but what can we do then..;-(

Still having LOD issues and heavy stuttering when turning around. But as with previous builds -exThreads=3 fixes it for me.

To test this I've simply used editor placed grenadier and empty humvee in Staroye, Chernarus. When I run and drive around the town about 4 minutes the stuttering starts. Using FLUSH command removes the issue for half a minute or so.

C2D E4300@3Ghz, HD4850 Cat 10.5, Win7 64bit, ARMA2:CO+BAF

Video Settings: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1551/a2settings.jpg

(Resolution was changed when taking screenshot in windowed mode. Should be 1920x1080 for both 2D and 3D reso. And 16:9 ratio.)

Still having LOD issues and heavy stuttering when turning around. But as with previous builds -exThreads=3 fixes it for me.

To test this I've simply used editor placed grenadier and empty humvee in Staroye, Chernarus. When I run and drive around the town about 4 minutes the stuttering starts. Using FLUSH command removes the issue for half a minute or so.

C2D E4300@3Ghz, HD4850 Cat 10.5, Win7 64bit, ARMA2:CO+BAF

Video Settings: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1551/a2settings.jpg

(Resolution was changed when taking screenshot in windowed mode. Should be 1920x1080 for both 2D and 3D reso. And 16:9 ratio.)

thats a pretty high viewdiestance...I can and never could run the game at such high viewdistance. try something less then 4000.

Changing the setting to "High" for Objects and Textures made the game run better for me compared to "normal". I always disable post processing as it makes for ost of the stutters while turning.

Edited by Ulanthorn

FWIW I applied the 76067 patch to 1.54 and the improvement in Chernarus is really noticeable. Very little stuttering flickering and texture popping. There is the occasional texture that shimmers like TV static until I get closer to it (eg some road signs) but on the whole it's much improved.

I run a C2D E6750 with cpucount=2 and exthreads=3. Viewdistance 1600. GTX460, most settings on high/v high but no antialiasing

FWIW I applied the 76067 patch to 1.54 and the improvement in Chernarus is really noticeable. Very little stuttering flickering and texture popping. There is the occasional texture that shimmers like TV static until I get closer to it (eg some road signs) but on the whole it's much improved.

I run a C2D E6750 with cpucount=2 and exthreads=3. Viewdistance 1600. GTX460, most settings on high/v high but no antialiasing

this beta is intended for 1.55. You won't get any benefit for using it with old 1.54 game content since you're running 1.55 now just without the changes and fixes in content. Since the problems me´ntond here are engien related there is no reason for using beta with 1.54.

I deleted the cfg and used exthreads=3 for my dual core with radeon4870..and it seems like the popping stopped..it feels good in lingor in the deep jungle..i run latest beta and i got cpucount=2 in the launcher..

i played half an hour, no texture popping..but it's only working when i do that ex=3

i tested on chernarus and iam very happy about the lod switching for trees :yay:

the main thing i noticed is that i can finaly use the rmb-zoom without ANY stuttering because of very few lod switching on trees (i cant remember to have that smooth zoom ever before in arma 2)!

but the grass is still very often changing the look (cant discribe this better, caused by bad english skills ;)) while moving.

i have all settings on high (accept AA,textures,HDR & postprocessing) at a solution of 1920x1200 with arma installed on ssd.

Edited by der.hannes