Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76067

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[76047]  Fixed: No more LOD blending issues (esp. with vegetation). 
[75744]  Fixed: Ignored collision with some vehicles. 

Not mentioned changes:

[75755] CIT Bug #15062:High View Distance causes "Buffer to small - nowhere to write the data" http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15062#change-74455

[76050] CIT Bug #15073:Heavy texture blinking and switching of plants and objects (on Chernarus) http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073

Edited by TonyGrunt

Oh sweet, will test it out when i'm back home. Thx a lot BIS

I assume this requires the 1.55 official patch?

I think, when you run 1.54 full and this beta for build 1.55 it works, but the 1.55 full is changing a lot of stuff, so i really don't think that it makes sense

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

I assume this requires the 1.55 official patch?

You have assumed correctly :)

The two things listed that it fixes are things that became broken in 1.55 lol

I found the download rather slow (maxed at 200kb/s for me), so I mirrored it here: TheGameWardens.net Mirror

Wow..i still got the extreme LOD and texture swichting:mad:

[76047]  Fixed: No more LOD blending issues (esp. with vegetation). 
[75744]  Fixed: Ignored collision with some vehicles. 

It's for the flickering of trees i guess, not for the texture popping story. Be patient dust :)

yea i got patience! i just hope your right and its not meant to be fixed with this beta cause it still makes the game unplayeble.

those guys which also have the problem pls confirm it, i see us sitting on it with the next official patch + PMC

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

if anyone gets crashes please report to me (pack the dump files, email) ... asap

hey dwarden, can you please confirm that the issue with the slow texture loading and switching is not meant to be fixed with that. its not 100% clear from the changelog, thanks.

some (or most if not all ideally) should be resolved ...

as you could read in my answer in previous beta thread (commenting fixes for buffer issue and some of the lod fliter) and in first post are linked Suma's comments in CIT (to similar causes)

if you still have same issues with 76067 then i suggest to either continue on respective CIT ticket or create new CIT ticket related to this beta build

thanks...

i will continue the bug on CTI.

its not like its just some textures a bit later, its all near textures connected with heavy stuttering, same as in the offical patch and previous build. i dont know if it helps, but like many people reported, in 1.54 with 74360 it was perfect. hope your doing your best to fix it till tuesday. worst would be to be not able to play your new content cause the issue is remaining.

Possibly dumb question, but have you defragged your drive lately? I just noticed a significant decrease in texture stutter and LOD issues. The defrag app stated 7% total fragmentation, but in details it showed most of that was the game (A2) and my most frequently used apps. So more like 75-80% fragmentation of used files. Just a factor to confirm and eliminate. ;)

I had this texture and LOD problems resolved in 1.55 by simply putting exThreads=3 into command line and setting texture, terrain and objects detail to high.

yea, thanks for the tipp. but i just did a fresh XP install, so i dont think theres need for defrag. Just doing a new Arma install again....

Just thought I would report that running this beta, I changed no settings and used Chernarus as the test.

I ran around the map fast and slow like a nutcase through trees, using bino's/optic zoom etc etc etc, vanilla and with mods, and using empty map and a heavy load mission. And the 2 major things that arrived with 1.55 (major flickering of lod textures and strange fps slow down and slow redraw moments) currently haven't shown themselves.

Its kind of back to what I was used to and expected LOD (LOD has the obvious switching we all recognise but thats an ongoing story) & FPS wise as 1.54 was for me. I will keep testing and see if the slowdown thing happens but it was pretty regular and flickering was constant right away.

So thanks for the turnaround on this, will report more if anything "pops up" so to speak.

I have to also report that despite these 2 things which for me were major at patch time, the performance zfighting and all the other bells and whistles were fine nor did I actually get any CTD's, now fingers crossed these areas has been nailed, I can enjoy moving forward with updates, I will give a few days of playing and see how it goes.

Edited by mrcash2009

Sounds like a very good patch, going to test that soon. But I found out my harddrive is breaking down. I tryed to reinstall the whole game (inc. ArmA2), but I cant install any patches without bad noise from my hd and error messages. I am going to buy new one and start from zero with fresh Vista.

yea, thanks for the tipp. but i just did a fresh XP install, so i dont think theres need for defrag. Just doing a new Arma install again....
Just do it, nothing to loose, everything to gain.

just to be sure this bug has nothing to do with my install of Arma and OA.

I own both on discs+BAF Dlc.

I install ArmaII.

No Patch after that.

Installing OA and let it patch on 1.6 from disc.

then i install 1.55 offical patch/+beta, right?

Guess i can install BAF anytime after i installed OA.

@sickboy

i will try a defrag if the problem ist still remaining after my fresh install

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Just checked the vegetation with this beta in the editor:

The fast flipping LODs (mentioned here e.g.) are fixed for me. Especially on Chernarus everything seems to be okay.

During testing the vegetation on Takistan, one thing was conspicuous:

Some trees seem to switch back to the lowest LOD for one short moment right after they switched to the higher textured one, if you come closer to them (I can make a vid/repro if needed, but it should be clear after some moments in the editor).

Perhaps this is "normal" and was the same in 1.54, but if you have a fixation on LOD-testing this is clearly recognisable.

Thanks BIS gonna test now

Btw the 'Buffer to small - nowhere to write the Data'-Bug has already been resolved in 75666

Thats the thing now, becuase we are looking for an issue you tend to forget what was "normal but still LOD issues longterm to be looked at" and what 1.55 was adding ... I spent some time to try to work out what was pre 1.55 and 1.55 issue.

I could have gone on for hours reporting all manner of little things, but I realised subliminally it wasn't as blatantly obvious while playing so that was filed under "usual LOD things" compared to 1.55 issues that were "in yer face" :)

Usual LOD problems on startup but I live with that since the first day. And it's only on startup when using high graphic settings. Flickering on Chernarus is almost completely gone for me - so good job I guess. No errors yet ;) I'll test some Missions later this evening.

Thanks a lot BIS

Cool patch versions BIS are giving out. This one shows the same version number backwards and forwards. :D

Thanks for the ever-constant stream of patches, BIS! Still the best. ;)