Sign in to follow this  
Vultar

Forest Sweep [Simple but hard SP mission]

Forest Sweep

Single Player Mission for

OFP Res 1.96

with WW4 modpack.

Snowy weather, Kolgujev.

A group of 12 West ShadowOps was assigned a task.

Eliminate russian Specnaz team. Beware, locals call them "Ghosts". None of the previous forces returned home. You're already dead. Good luck.

Hint: There's just 8 of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dgt17b7bx7bb0b6

I hope the mission works as it should. It's just a very simple mission. My first public.

Have fun, I've never managed to complete the objective.

______

Designed to be played on pure ww4modpack by Sanctuary.

Recommended difficulty: As always, Veteran.

I'd appreciate feedback.

Simple, but cold atmosphere.

Edited by Vultar

The mission is missing briefing and overview. You really should add some. You can find many tutorials about making them on OFPEC Editors Depot.

Anyway, onto the mission itself. In the first playthrough I got scared when we were walking quietly in the forest and out of nowhere a burst of a silenced automatic weapon killed my squad leader right in front of me. I took some cover behind a tree but wasn't enough to keep me alive. "Ghosts" indeed. It was hard to know what's going to happen without any intel or briefing.

After a couple of more tries and some minutes I think I managed to kill the last of them, but the mission never ended, so I wasn't sure. I ran around the whole forest but couldn't run into any last loons and my squad leader was doing nothing, so I considered the mission accomplished.

The mission was very basic but challenging. It was fun while it lasted. The mission appeared to be in an unfinished state though, so once you sort that out, it'll be perfect.

Edited by Rellikki

Yes it is unfinished as I have been trying something more than "Ultra Basic" in mission editor for just 3 days.

You havent killed them, the mission has a set trigger to End when East not present. Trigger reaches just forest, so if all of them left forest/are dead, mission ends.

I managed to finish it, while testing against just 1 opfor, he got headshot and mission ended so it should work.

And yes... I was scared too, and I made the mission! Haha.

I am going to read those tutorial and polish the mission. Maybe one day it will be top-notch... who knows? ;)

Thanks for advice and feedback.

Edited by Vultar

After adding ww4_helper I got rid of one missing message, then I got missing "ww4_weaponry". I've searched but I can't go through over 100 post in the mod thread to find it. I first expected this to use the new 2.1 not the old one, but ohwell.

Maybe you should have placed this on Keg's winter island, it would provide a better atomosphere.

As Rellekki mentioned overview & briefing with objectives are needed.

It's done with the newest WW4 2.1.

I dont want to use Winter island as ww4 has no winter units.

As for snowy weather without snow lying on the ground... you don't live in Europe :P

This is exactly what was today in Poland.

As I said, all you need is Pure WW4 modpack 2.1.

As for briefing and overview, I will include them someday, after, of course, I learn how to. :)

looks very interested for me i will give a try to this one.

I played this a few times and I officially hate this mission. :) There is something about being stalked and killed without hearing the shot or seeing the guy who did it that bugs me.

Creepy...

This mission may seem simple, but it ain't. Creeping around in the mist trying to not get killed, and trying to find an unseen, unheard foe is very challenging. The falling snow atmosphere adds to the tension as it limits visibility.

I'm running WW4 Mod 2.1 and received no error messages. The mission plays fine, and it ends with the last "East" soldier dead. This is a really neat little mission and I intend to play it again a few more times. For a change in atmosphere, maybe make a trigger for when you are the last West soldier still alive...maybe trigger an East "taunt" being shouted at you.

All in all I say "good mission" Vultar.

i think there is need to put soldier as independent or in 2 or 3 group.