Thanks, Charon. We'll see how I go.

Also, regarding the previous suggestions of hp boosting, is it possible to, in a similar vein, boost the sprint speed/enable permanent sprint (i.e. no fatigue). It's a bit strange to have the predators begin puffing/slow down after a normal man's endurance limit has been reached.

Again, it's probably not really possible due to engine limitations.

Thanks, Charon. We'll see how I go.

Also, regarding the previous suggestions of hp boosting, is it possible to, in a similar vein, boost the sprint speed/enable permanent sprint (i.e. no fatigue). It's a bit strange to have the predators begin puffing/slow down after a normal man's endurance limit has been reached.

Again, it's probably not really possible due to engine limitations.

What do you mean with "slow down" and "fatigue" ???

They move with a constant speed infinitely.

Edited by Charon Productions

Oh. Does that also apply when one is commanding them (i.e. the player is a predator)? It seemed when I used one, it got tired and didn't like sprinting anymore. Maybe I was wrong...

Oh. Does that also apply when one is commanding them (i.e. the player is a predator)? It seemed when I used one, it got tired and didn't like sprinting anymore. Maybe I was wrong...

No matter if its AI or a player, the sprinting speed is always the same, absolutely constant. I have not implemented any such feature.

Concerning Eventhandler call, if you have not solved it yet.

Define a function:

YOURTAG_DAMEHSCRIPT = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers ('MydamageEHscript.sqf');

Then attach the EH-Handler:

YOURPREDATOR addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{_this call YOURTAG_DAMEHSCRIPT}];
Edited by Charon Productions

Charon Productions, this & the undead are the best mods i saw for arma, really great job & thanks a million for release them!!!

Looking forward for the aliens mod & only if it is posible in your next update can you please fix the problem with the message about healactions.

Hi thanks for the undertaken work very much a predator and always wanted to see him in Armagh! I look forward to horroshy dodelany addon !!!!!!!

I seem to have a problem with the predators

upon moving, I go into an infinite loop of shaders

my movement keys are W S D A, and I am new to this "User action keys" thing.

I seem to have a problem with the predators

upon moving, I go into an infinite loop of shaders

my movement keys are W S D A, and I am new to this "User action keys" thing.

I had the same problem. Go to your options, then to configuring your controls. In the drop-down menu, select custom controls/user actions (whatever it's called), then assign user action one as the 1 on your numpad, all the way up to 9, as this mod doesn't use any further than user action 7 or 8 I believe. That way, as you play, you can hit numbers on the numpad to activate various things, freeing up WASD, etc :)

Hope that helps!

I had the same problem. Go to your options, then to configuring your controls. In the drop-down menu, select custom controls/user actions (whatever it's called), then assign user action one as the 1 on your numpad, all the way up to 9, as this mod doesn't use any further than user action 7 or 8 I believe. That way, as you play, you can hit numbers on the numpad to activate various things, freeing up WASD, etc :)

Hope that helps!

it did, thanks alot :)

but I ran into a couple problems to :(

for one, I can't seem to take out the wristblades

and for two, for some odd reason, my predator will "jump" at a tree for no reason, and I will be unable to move, only way out is to turn invisible, but even then, sometimes I will die randomly at the ocean, or, another "me" will appear.

You should be able to switch to the wristblades with 'f', or is that not working?

Yeah that is a feature Charon has semi-implemented, where a Predator can hide in a tree. Is that the sort of behaviour you meant? Not sure how to stop it, or jump down, though.

I'm not too sure of those last two. The best idea for you is to include reproduction missions, meaning, upload a mission (I mean the actual mission folder, put into a RAR or a ZIP, such as "MISSIONNAME.Takistan"), to Megaupload.com, within which these bugs you are talking about occur. I.e. if you can make a particular mission wherein you always seem to end up in the ocean, and then upload it, we can download and see what you mean :)

You should be able to switch to the wristblades with 'f', or is that not working?

Yeah that is a feature Charon has semi-implemented, where a Predator can hide in a tree. Is that the sort of behaviour you meant? Not sure how to stop it, or jump down, though.

I'm not too sure of those last two. The best idea for you is to include reproduction missions, meaning, upload a mission (I mean the actual mission folder, put into a RAR or a ZIP, such as "MISSIONNAME.Takistan"), to Megaupload.com, within which these bugs you are talking about occur. I.e. if you can make a particular mission wherein you always seem to end up in the ocean, and then upload it, we can download and see what you mean :)

The tree jumping will be toggleable with a user action key in the update, so it wont steal control from you. Its more for the AI anyway because tree selection GUI would be a horror and too slow.

On very slow machine the lag might be so big that the character does not get switched properly.

The other "me" is due to a new unit with different config values being spawned for a cloaked predator. No way around it.

Charon: is there a possibility to disable the "intro" screen when using predator? It kinda kills the suprise in the "regular mission" coop with guys ;)

Charon: is there a possibility to disable the "intro" screen when using predator? It kinda kills the suprise in the "regular mission" coop with guys ;)

Hey Icebreakr,

it has been considered to disable it.

Just set "CHN_PREDATOR_NOSPLASH" to true in the init.sqf of your mission.

Anyway to disable the cover with mud? My friends and I use this mod for some fun coop missions, but we also play other missions(with out predator).

When ever we play anything else, if you get near water you get the "cover with mud" action.

I have a mission that starts out on an aircraft carrier , so it is a bit strange to see that.

Just wondering if I could disable it. I know we can load and unload the pred mod, but that can be a hassle with a lot of folks playing.

Nomadd

Anyway to disable the cover with mud? My friends and I use this mod for some fun coop missions, but we also play other missions(with out predator).

When ever we play anything else, if you get near water you get the "cover with mud" action.

I have a mission that starts out on an aircraft carrier , so it is a bit strange to see that.

Just wondering if I could disable it. I know we can load and unload the pred mod, but that can be a hassle with a lot of folks playing.

Nomadd

Hmm, its a config value, so its a bit hard to do it. I will try to find a condition in the config definition that checks if any predators are on the map. Cant promise it works though.

Has this mud any effect on the regular soldier AI troops abilities? :)

Has this mud any effect on the regular soldier AI troops abilities? :)

ROFL IcB

:smileflower:

hows the mothership coming along? I really REALLY want that bad boy in this mod.

Will take several weeks to complete it, many things to do atm.

Hey Icebreakr,

it has been considered to disable it.

Just set "CHN_PREDATOR_NOSPLASH" to true in the init.sqf of your mission.

Great, I was looking to do this too. Is it also possible with the crocodile addon?

Hey are you planning on making the landing gear of the dropship retractable? Looks pretty strange at the moment while flying.

This mod has blown me away. Never knew this kinda awesome sauce was possible in ARMA2. If I may, could we have some warning before the predator blows himself up? Maybe like the sparks and lightning from the original movie. Now I need to find that minigun and get to the choppa.

Edited by Soldier of Anarchy

Hi Charon, are you still working on aliens? Are you anticipate any updates for predators?