Real Life or wot happens outside of Arma ;)

Quite clear :)

Too bad. Was really looking forward for improvements on this mod. I guess we'll just have to make do with what we got. Anyway, a really nice mod and really hope he can continue his great work someday.

Just found out Charon is back WOOOO!!! Hope he updates this mod as well, if he doesn't want to do it for Arma 3.

Real Life or wot happens outside of Arma ;)

impossible , outside of forum do not exist ;) there is only forum ;)

Man, Charon's AI predators still give me creeps when I play against them. Excellent pathfinding, deadly attack.

Couple of memorable moments in MP events:

- we were just stopping with a car when predator comes near the window, smashes it and stabs the driver dead

- predator owning us on a tight place, we decide to drive up BTR-40 and drive him over. We did that but he jumped on the car and killed both of the crew from above (no roof) ;)

- me & my teammate running after a blood trail and killing him just when he's been trying to heal himself up

Charon is DA man.

Man, Charon's AI predators still give me creeps when I play against them. Excellent pathfinding, deadly attack.

- we were just stopping with a car when predator comes near the window, smashes it and stabs the driver dead

- predator owning us on a tight place, we decide to drive up BTR-40 and drive him over. We did that but he jumped on the car and killed both of the crew from above (no roof) ;)

- me & my teammate running after a blood trail and killing him just when he's been trying to heal himself up

Charon is DA man.

Yeah, real scary stuff.

I was playing with some friends on a private server with no respawns. We had a helicopter at a landing field and we'd all gotten in and were preparing to take off. However, the other guys playing as predators were chasing us, and they had started trying to shoot the helicopter (ineffectively at first). I left my computer for a minute, came back and everyone in the chopper was dead except for me (Some other survivors had left the heli though)

Oh man, I really wish Icebreaker would release that mission where the players think they're on a routine assignment and the predators start hunting the party!

I'd like to record the reactions over TS3 :o

Mod download is disabled on Armaholic ): What a shame.

Whats stopping you from using another mirror?

The download was disabled as requested by an author, probably you will see a new version somewhere in the near future.

Charon is DA man.

How did the predator stab someone in the car and also how did he jump onto the BTR?????? Do you have a different game engine for your version of ARMA?

Anyone know where I can get this download from as the Armaholic mirror has been removed

Edited by NickLomas

Pred can strike you with wrist blades through the window of a car. Jumping has to be a strange glitch, we basically drove over it and pred got transfered onto the hood and then smashed all of the passenger inside with blades :)

I am working on a predator mission and am having trouble related to the minigun not working in MP.

When i installed the addon i made an @Foldername and added a folder named Addons and then added the minigun PBOs to it along with the predator PBOs

In the editor I remove the units current weapons and the add the ammo for the tweaked version like this

removeAllWeapons p3;

p3 addMagazine "os_miniguntweakmag";

p3 addWeapon "OS_minigun_tweak";

p3 addMagazine "os_miniguntweakmag";

p3 selectWeapon "OS_minigun_tweak";

This works in the editor when previewed but when i host a MP mission the Weapon is missing.

I realize there is no Icon for the weapon but the weapon itself is actually missing.

Any help would be appreciated

I have loaded mod folder but when I start mission I keep being told I dont have USSR and mini gun or some thing I see no meantion of reqiured addons :( unless off course I missed that part

I have loaded mod folder but when I start mission I keep being told I dont have USSR and mini gun or some thing I see no meantion of reqiured addons :( unless off course I missed that part

Did you actually read the date of the post before yours?

I just got into this mod, as it popped up on PW6, and its just pure awesome.

I made a quick map, put a Group of US soldiers in the woods, and my son and me were watching....all quiet...walking through woods. At 1st I thought the mod was a flop, I turn around and here is this freakin cloaked Pred running full speed at me, It makes "the Predator noise" and I hear a swipe of a blade....

My son and I simultaneously screamed like little bitches...

I will be playing with this for some time.

Ive read through some posts, and I see mention of Blain's Minigun..but I cannot find any units besides Preds in the Editor. Is the minigun included or is this a separate DL I need?

Thanks for a great scare, and a GREAT mod!

my BLUFOR units will not engage the predators, they think they are also on blufor.

yes i have changed it to nobody by the way ;)

also when i shoot them myself they shout cease fire like friendly on friendly.

and next time i loaded it up the guys just disapeared completely (not invisible just gone)

im using GL4 mainly, would this screw anything up?

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

ahh more information, only when you spawn the grouped ones [F2] their icons are blue not green.

charon are you still keeping an eye on this mod or maybe converting to arma 3 :D

for extra fun use MBG Nam map with UNSUNG or VTE mod units.... GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

• Like 1

^ ooh.. I know what we're doing this weekend!!

A shame this isn't converted and/or updated to ArmA 3. Such a good mod.

• Like 1

I imagine not, but worth asking: are there any plans to port this to A3?

On 20/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, _SCAR said:

I imagine not, but worth asking: are there any plans to port this to A3?

I want to do it. I have a really good quality model of it, I just need to get the permission if he is still around.

• Like 1

On 11.05.2018 at 5:21 PM, spookygnu said:

I want to do it. I have a really good quality model of it, I just need to get the permission if he is still around.

Are you serious? Do you have this mod running in arma 3 with all those scripts that Charon wrote for predator? 

This mod was best scifi mod for arma 2 I would even pay for this to play it with Predator AI in Arma 3.

You still can relase it like people reworking mods for KSP game and mention about that they just manage mod till orginal creator will be back.

27 minutes ago, Bart888 said:

You still can relase it like people reworking mods for KSP game and mention about that they just manage mod till orginal creator will be back.

I am sorry to say that it is incorrect information, you must ask permission before edit any content. Its how the addon community has always worked since the dawn of OFP.

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behaviour comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).