Sign in to follow this  
loki

Lost Key v72.zulu

Loki, one of those hackers made your loki work in multiplayer! The hacker nuked everyone.

He built FOB's, etc...

Loki, one of those hackers made your loki work in multiplayer! The hacker nuked everyone.

He built FOB's, etc...

sorry to hear that.. my views on people using the key to wreck servers is well known. there is nothing i can do to police the community against the key.. though i have been asking for about 2 years now for a 'gatekeeper' system.

best thing to do is turn on key sig's or password your sever when a long game gets started.

edit: as per a hacker making it MP.. nah.. that would be me leaving it MP compatible. there are things far worse than the key floating around now. and honestly.. the only difference between MP and SP is a '!'

thats it... so its nothing real hard to unpack it and do whatever with.. which is one of the reasons i built it.. was for others to learn from.

Edited by Loki

Can you change the time and set to slow motion with this?

no.. but i can add them when randy and i get done with our island. :)

That would be awesome, thanks and Merry Christmas!

hm9ClS4a3vk

Edited by SpetS15

Eh, sorry Loki, but how do I get rid of the R3F artillery again?

awesome video!! gotta love big booms.

@ray.. r3f does not start automatically anymore except for me :)

That would be awesome, thanks and Merry Christmas!

hm9ClS4a3vk

What the hell is that on top of the tower :eek:

?

if you are talking about the >Lost Key addaction...

no.. how else am i suppose to start it from anywhere?

Hmm not possible to remove the text in the middle of the screen but let the text in the Action Menu? Or make it auto-hide , it get's really annoying after some time

Edited by Bkp

What the hell is that on top of the tower :eek:

Hmm not possible to remove the text in the middle of the screen but let the text in the Action Menu? Or make it auto-hide , it get's really annoying after some time

fun with particles

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109953&highlight=fun+particles

its a BIS thing that makes the top addaction show upon the side of the screen.. :( nothing i can do.

Hi Loki,

One small request - within the key, can the placement of enemy troops be made to spawn at a random position within say 600 metres of the player, instead of you clicking their position on the map. This way you don't know where their coming from. I confess i don't use the tool for mission making only for spicing up user missions !

Also a toned down version of the ACM Module would be good instead of all out war. Maybe 1 button for infantry, 1 for vehicules.

All the best

Cub 1.

hey loki great system here, the jctsf uses it hell of a lot for our custom missions, may i ask tho how would i go about using the intos in the cinema section and implementing them into my mission without requirement for lost key as we are moving to a 32 player dedicated and beleive that lost key will only work for the admin of the server which is not me, therefor i need to implement this individually to each mission... specifically the custom intos 1 & 2.

using the intos in the cinema section and implementing them into my mission without requirement for lost key

unpack the pbo.. it all just scripts anyway.. in the intro folder you will find all of it.. there are actually some in the folder that never got activated in the lost key.

Loki

For new users to this, is there a list of what all this stuff does ? Iv figured out some of it but theres alot to it i have not a clue of what it does. :confused:

Thanks

@Loki

You think you can put support for the Undead Mod in the modules tab in a future version? I can spawn zombies and undead on the map, but all they do is stand around… They don't run around infecting anyone and no one bothers to shoot at them.

I'd love to be able to spawn a few infection carrying zombies in an existing mission to spice things up a bit and for them to actually do what they're supposed to. :p

"Zombie eat brains…nom nom nom!"

@ker8er0s

it is indeed a live holomap.. will add and take after as things happen. it still needs some work.. and since Spooner is stil being anti-arma.. its hard for me to gain much info from him these days.

i do have it as a separate.. :) goto the editor.. under loki_Objects.. holoMap.. bingo!

I mean can you make it available as a seperate mod? so I could add it to the server and we would have only the holomap available, not the full LK?

just think it would be a nice asset for a mission im working on.

cheers

@Loki

They don't run around infecting anyone and no one bothers to shoot at them.

Are you sure that:

You have an undead module on the map as that controls the zombies?

You have set independent side to nobody?

these are 2 things that catch me out regulary with the undead mod.

hey all.. rl has been beating me up the last few days...

as per zombies... never tried it.. but if it needs a module to control them i will have to add the script to create the module.

as per holomap... the holomap is actually in lost key models pbo.. not part of the lost key 'itself'.. however.. i have had a couple of people ask for it as a stand alone.. i can do that.

i would not expect an update anytime soon though.. i am busy with the skype channels helping people catch up to things they need to know.

Really, I'm looking for a way to get the zombie/infection module and maybe the spawn module (but maybe not both at the same time). I don't always wanna deal with endless hordes of brain-eating zombies in every mission.

I'd really like to spawn an individual zombie or a handful of them and let them infect the civs till the whole town goes. Once that happens the whole lot of them starts running off in search of "food" at the next nearest location.

But being able to just spawn whole groups of zombies is kewl too. The slow lumbering zombies is less threatening than the fast-moving ones. But in a large group they're a nightmare. Even plowing them down with a car won't always do the job.

Loki, I have a question that may or may not fall under your jurisdiction, but when I use the Gigan spectator cam, is there a way I can get rid of all UI traces? Right now, I can get rid of the black box framing the top and bottom of the screen along with the minimap, but I can't seem to get rid of that white line that randomly sits at the bottom of the screen. Many thanks in advance.

@ kage74

i got your PM.. sry for not responding.. as i said.. i really don't know about the undead mod.. i will check it out when i get back to working on the key.

@dingysun

uhh... i am not sure if you can or not. i will have to look at some time.

as i stated before.. i have been very busy with the skype mission makers channel.. teaching and learning... over 50 ppl now.. should swing by sometime.

:)

Hello quick question here.

Using this tool as admin on my server running doomi (signed it myself). I was wondering if i can change the wather ingame with this tool ? I tried the weather under the view setting but this seems only to affect the client, same as playing music under the fun section can also only be heard on the client.

Hmm strange CBA GlobalExecute is not in the debug menu, and i am running cba and cba_oa on the client.

Any idears ?

Im not running cba or any mods on the server could that be it ?

It seems on devheaven that v072.zulu dont have mp funktions ? do i need to run the v1.41 ?

Edited by [HUD]Dorph