Sign in to follow this  
loki

Lost Key v72.zulu

Oh my! Death's reaper breathes air! You have no idea how hopeful I was that you would return to perfect this tool. I've been dealing with version 1.5 and all of it's broken parts since you left and even attempted to open it up and figure out how to fix some stuff. Glad you didn't ultimately abandon your work; or us pal. See you on Skype! Expect much feed back.

got mando cas working

you were right = bandages etc only appear when using ace

excellent addon

Great tool. Great for going back and having fun with those old SP you haven't played in ages. Also, great for stress relief. Spawn some stuff, blow it up. I got two questions though.

1. Is there a readme or wiki that explains all the features?

2. I don't have a wide screen monitor, is there an option to make this thing narrower?

2. I don't have a wide screen monitor, is there an option to make this thing narrower?

:(

no.. i have to redo the entire GUI with safeZones... next release i'll have it in.

Edited by Loki
grammar

imho ' date=' if people complain about security, they should pm BI or something, and not get in the way of this incredible tool (I use it daily for mission making)

anyway, much appreciated, thank you. will post feedback asap[/quote']

hate to be snarky, but we got hit by someone using this tool, ruined a great game. Loki has split the atom, some people use it for good others use it to grief.

Your comment basically smacks of "I want power so complain to japan for making their cities so nuke-able".

Yeahs its an awesome tool and impressive as hell so in the spirit of it, could Loki post some tips to server admins to protect ourselves against it? in other words can he give japan some AA guns ha ha ha.

Any help appreciated Loki. Kudos on this. Very impressed.

Loki has split the atom, some people use it for good others use it to grief.

:(

the key has always been a blessing and a curse for me at the same time.

the only ways to protect any server is to do key signatures.. its why i don't sign my key.

if the server admin wants to use it, they can create their own key.

but the entire.. i want to have a public server wide open.. just don't work anymore.. admins must take the time to learn how to secure their station.

reason is this:

though the lost key is cool and all the.. its really nothing more than all the stuff i wanted and the cool stuff from the community.. but the lost key is just one of god knows how many little cheats GUI people have made... or even took mine and renamed it to theirs.

so no AA guns until i can get some serious help from the community scripting kings.

you just have to batten down the hatches.

and if you really want to see how i feel about the cheaters.. check the ABOUT section in the key.

Hi Loki,

Its amazing how you managed to get all these things working under one hood! I'm particularly curios how you managed to get that Weapon System to work. I'd like to put something like that in a training mission for a clan. Is it a BIS system or is it just that good quality? :D

Edited by Hellfire257

@Hellfire257

thanks

the weapon Systems and Vehicles systems are from conKORD's awesome proving grounds. if there is something already done really nice.. i don't waste my time re-making the wheel, i just use it and give them credit.

:)

edit: proving ground

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11936&highlight=PROVING+GROUND

also SPON Holomap redone and added

Spon Scuba and Map are in the key as well.. and still adding and porting all i can find.

Edited by Loki

Loki, I have a question about the artillery:

I run this addon alongside the full set of A.C.E. addons, and currently, that causes something funny whereby the artillery computer becomes completely disabled and the R3F artillery takes over. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

@dingyisun

hmm.. another ACE thing... i would say at this moment there is nothing that can be done.. save opening up the key and commenting out the line that starts R3F.

i can add an ACE checker in the next version and shut it off it if ACE is present.

side note:

i also have the entire key in script form if anyone is interested in using it or parts in their missions. if i see an interest i'll upload it.

for anyone who can.. if you can't live without ACE wounds or Arty until the next update:

in the init.sqf of the key do this:

remove

#include "\loki_lost_key\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

add in its place

if (isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then {
ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true;
publicVariable "ace_sys_wounds_enabled";
};

if (!(isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "ace_main"))) then {
#include "\loki_lost_key\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";
};

otherwise its fixed for the next release

Can't seem to hook up with you on Skype, so here it is so far.

• Could use something to prevent selections such as Credits and About from overlapping one another if the user presses them both at the same time. I realize it's one of those things you just learn not to do after the first time you do it but for new users, it may be a good idea.
  • Bullet cam does not seem to function as smoothly as some I have seen. It's as if the cam has trouble keeping up with or deciding to stay with the projectile.
  • Mischief/das big guns gives this error>>No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgMagazines.5Rnd_Maverick_A10'.
  • When using the HALO selection, the unit is pushed forward as though to provide forward momentum. Not sure if that was intentional.
  • SatView selection could use...a way to switch between nightvision,thermal,normal modes as well as lock onto objects for targeting and perhaps calling in air or arty strikes.
  • A brief hint could be added to Gigan to inform the user that "H" is the list of controls. Again, one of those, learn once discovery things.
  • Just an idea to better help editors; add grid coordinates to the object class identity scripts to be displayed with classnames.

I swear that when I activated that nuke bomb, I was expecting your infamous salute to rise from the top of that shroom to salute the world. Maybe you could add a loki nuke that does just that.

cheers

and if you really want to see how i feel about the cheaters.. check the ABOUT section in the key.

fukin half monkey dumb fuks ha ha ha, love it. XD

lol.. glad someone actually got to the credits and had fun..

( :p @ grace for debugging the credits and not laughing)

i have blown off the dust off at OFPEC and upload some stuff.. shoot me a PM there grace and we'll get that skype worked out.

HoloMap anyone?

holomaptest01.jpg

I had great fun with this thing Loki, smiles all the way. You really just couldn't know how much I was hoping for an update to this excellent tool.

I'm telling you pal, it is THE most used addon I have downloaded. Absolutely priceless for mission beta testers. I have always pushed this and tried to sell it to other community members(even version 1.5).

I couldn't agree more, I couldn't test missions without it, I use it for everything I build.

Thanks!:)

Anyone please can help me to get it running?

Is it for Arrowhead only?

I am using stock Arma2 und try to load it with -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@LK

but I can't find out how to activate it ingame.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have an "Addon" folder inside your @LK folder and that the lost key pbo is in that Addons folder.

Aside from that, make sure your CBA is current and the lost key will be auto added to your action menu.

Somehow, I think it uses the r3f module, and fuck up my mortar even when I'm not using it. How can I get rid of it?

@slimb0y

it uses both arma and arrowhead.. so it needs combined Ops.

@ray243

its pretty obvious it uses R3F arty.. i have their name plastered all over the key. :p

get rid of it...?

how to was answered on the prior page.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how to get rid of it. commenting out the line? How?

commenting out the line? How?

FPDR

if you don't know how to open a .pbo and comment out a line.. to be honest.. i'll just make a on / off switch for the R3F..

personally.. i love the thing.. its the most real arty i have yet to see in arma. don't know why anyone would want it off.. save using ACE.. which is fixed for the next release already.

anyway.. next release should be in a couple days at most.. had to re-write the GUI from scratch so its safeZone friendly.

Because I'm retarded when it comes to using coordinates to mark my targets, which is why I use the artillery computer.

Because I'm retarded when it comes to using coordinates to mark my targets, which is why I use the artillery computer.

honesty will get you everywhere...

though learning is fun when you get to blow shat up.