Sign in to follow this  
loki

Lost Key v72.zulu

How do you actually activate this ?

I tried in the normal way with an @ folder with an addons subfolder and then a command line switch, but nothing on the 'Action' menu as was stated.

On Cheathappens (I googled for how to activate Lokis Lost Keys), the guy on there says that ......

Find and make a backup of your missions.pbo then make a folder to extract all the files to with pboview. Now you can edit what ever but i went and edited the campaign missions, so go into those folders and open the mission.sqm file with notepad. After addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]= place this text "loki_lk",

If you do that to all of them then everymission will have loki enabled. Now you have to take the shortcut to the game properties and edit the extention to look like this "C:\arma2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@loki

Then just go to the games install folder and create a folder called @cba and another folder called @loki and sub folders in each called addons then place the loki_lk.pbo in @loki\addons folder and all the files from the community based addons in the @cba\addons (@cba actually should install but if you unzip it yourself youll have addons folder with .pbo files and a folder called .rsync

Is this true ? You have to mess with your missions.pbo file ??

On Cheathappens (I googled for how to activate Lokis Lost Keys), the guy on there says that ......

Sorry if I sound paranoid, but Cheathappens sounds like a "Cheating" site.

Your original method should have worked. If it didn't it was probably because you did not have CBA installed.

Don't try and take the lost key onto a server though - you will win no friends. It is however an invaluable tool for mission building - I would be lost without it.

I don't think you are being paranoid.

This is a major loophole if my changing missions.pbo it enables it globally.

Sorry if I sound paranoid, but ........ sounds like a "Cheating" site.

Yes it does.

Your original method should have worked. If it didn't it was probably because you did not have CBA installed.

Don't try and take the lost key onto a server though - you will win no friends. It is however an invaluable tool for mission building - I would be lost without it.

Yes I forgot to mention that I have @CBA installed and working (I needed it for @Invasion 1944).

Both Lokikeys and CBA appear on the A2 title screen AND in the Expansions menu, but nothing in the game. Loki posted that they should appear on the mouse wheel commands.

It shouldn't matter what name I give the @Loki folder as long as the command line switch matches, should it ?

No I don't use it for MP, I live in China so it is impossible to get a server with a ping of less than 350.

Yes, they are on the mousewheel - not sure why they would not be working if the front screen is showing them. The only thing I can think of is that you have some other mod loaded that is conflicting with it. The only other time I have had problems is when I was testing a mission with really heavy script use and this prevented a lot of action menu's from appearing.

Are you running Arma 2, Arma 2 OA or Combined Ops?

Loki, are you plaining to update this tool? adding time hour/date change and weather change maybe?

I believe Loki has left the community. He said something about becoming a farmer, in Colorado.

I believe Loki has left the community. He said something about becoming a farmer, in Colorado.

Are you trolling or are you serious?

I'm serious. (PM sent)

--Edit--

Ah. I forgot how long ago that was. He actually came back, (which is when he started this thread) but IIRC he left again? Possibly to support Emery, but there's been so much drama around here I'm not sure if that's what happened, if anything happened.

--Edit #2--

Did a quick search, his last post was in that FUBAR thread about the F-14/F-15 update that was released before getting permission. My guess is he either left over it or the thing with Emery.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Loki left, I left, a bunch of people left. Tired of the bickering, the egos, the attitudes, and how the forums had devolved.

Loki is happily tending his crops as a gentleman farmer. He considers ArmA a closed chapter. You all should concider this thread closed as well.

Yes, they are on the mousewheel - not sure why they would not be working if the front screen is showing them. The only thing I can think of is that you have some other mod loaded that is conflicting with it. The only other time I have had problems is when I was testing a mission with really heavy script use and this prevented a lot of action menu's from appearing.

Are you running Arma 2, Arma 2 OA or Combined Ops?

I'm running Combined Operations (both patched to v1.10 and v1.59).

@CBA changelog lists the latest change as 22nd April 2011 - so within a version range that should be functionable with Lokikeys.

The only addons activated in the shortcut switch are CBA and LOKIKEYS.

I have nothing in the default addons folder(s) and am using the recommended method of @foldername\addons.

I'm running Combined Operations (both patched to v1.10 and v1.59).

@CBA changelog lists the latest change as 22nd April 2011 - so within a version range that should be functionable with Lokikeys.

The only addons activated in the shortcut switch are CBA and LOKIKEYS.

I have nothing in the default addons folder(s) and am using the recommended method of @foldername\addons.

And you have it either in your launch line or you have enabled it in the expansions list with in the game?

It should just show up.

I for one would be lost with out this.

It allows me to setup missions and pop around, check things, put units down to test reactions. I love it. i wish it would not add it;s self to the mission sqf, as a required addon. But it is minor.

To bad the bad people get to the good people. One think I have learned it there is good andbad out there, I focus on the good, and tried to not even pay attention to the bad.

I tried out the 'create an SP mission' option - and it worked in there !

I was trying to use it to finish off Scenario No7 (Freedom fighters) - the one many threads say is a bugged, unbalanced mess.

So it seems it doesn't work in Scenarios ? That's okay, if it worked I would just be tempted to use it for every SP challenge.

Glad you got it working - never actually tried to use it in a BIS Scenario - although I don't really see why it wouldn't work there as it does for other user missions.

Anyway, once you have used it in a mission you would probably find it hard not to use it again! I don't have LOKI (or the debugger) loaded in the profiles I actually use for playing!

Once you atart making your own missions though, it becomes a very, very valuable asset.

I think it was because the scenario was already many hours in progress before I installed Loki - guessing that it only works with SP scenarios from the beginning rather than from saved games ?

I'm going to have to delete it, because like you said; the temptation is too much not to cheat.

I don't want to start another thread about this unnecessarily, but can anyone tell me if plating Harvest Red (or SP Scenarios) in Combined Arms gives any graphical, or performance advantages over playing them in standalone Arma 2 ?

I started re-playing H.R, and tried it in both programs, and in Combined Arms the rendering of faces and the landscape seems quicker - is this just wishful thinking ? Or is there no performance / graphical difference ?

How do you actually activate this ?

I tried in the normal way with an @ folder with an addons subfolder and then a command line switch, but nothing on the 'Action' menu as was stated.

Find and make a backup of your missions.pbo then make a folder to extract all the files to with pboview. Now you can edit what ever but i went and edited the campaign missions, so go into those folders and open the mission.sqm file with notepad. After addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]= place this text "loki_lk",

If you do that to all of them then everymission will have loki enabled. Now you have to take the shortcut to the game properties and edit the extention to look like this "C:\arma2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@loki

Then just go to the games install folder and create a folder called @cba and another folder called @loki and sub folders in each called addons then place the loki_lk.pbo in @loki\addons folder and all the files from the community based addons in the @cba\addons (@cba actually should install but if you unzip it yourself youll have addons folder with .pbo files and a folder called .rsync

Is this true ? You have to mess with your missions.pbo file ??

Man! I have been trying for hours to get loki working. No, luck. I followed these instructions that malau has. I'm running the the DVD version from Atari. I'm such a n00b with this. I just would like to mess around and not get killed. I'm basically looking for a god mode cheat. I don't want to edit anything, just play the SP missions. I don't do MP. Any help or instructions would be great. Thanks to all who respond.

How would I sign this for just myself ? I looked @ BI wiki and I have signed the .pbo and when I connect to server it says not signed. When I sign I get two files one private and one public, I have tried both seperate and together and it still says the same thing. I also tried renaming them as the wiki says it should be filename.privatebikey but where do I enter the name or do I just do as before and right click > rename. I am not using this as a cheat but just for a server when I am the admin.

Hi all,

I have seen a few people ask why Loki's Lost key doesn't appear on the action menu when it's loaded. The answer is that it is clashing with another mod. Another symptom is that some other mod does not work when Loki is loaded - same answer. The fix is simple....

You'll need to de pbo Lost Key and edit the config.cpp file and change this;

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
   init = "if ((isNil ""loki_LostKey"")) then { loki_LostKey = true; [] execVM ""\loki_lost_key\init.sqf"";}";

};

to

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
  LOKI_init = "if ((isNil ""loki_LostKey"")) then { loki_LostKey = true; [] execVM ""\loki_lost_key\init.sqf"";}";

};

You should then re-pbo lost key and you are good to go. Hope this helps some folks out there.

I've only found that people try to cheat with Lokis :) Even though it CAN be useful otherwise.

I've only found that people try to cheat with Lokis :) Even though it CAN be useful otherwise.

True - like any useful tool / gun / small dog, it can be dangerous in the wrong hands! I use it a lot though and along with DEVCON it is invaluable for mission making and debugging. Personally, I just take the key off my server when I set it public.

Hi all!

Anyone having keyboard stopping to respond after loading a savegame in sp?

For some reason it happens to me quite often. The only workaround I found is to kill the application in order to restart the game...

I'm using Arma2 CO (1.6) (no beta) with CBA 1.0.0.180, CBA 1.0.0.8 and CBA 1.0.0.6.

That's how my shortcut target looks like:

-mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@loki_lost_key

There's no other mod activated.

It happens on any sp missions in Harvest Red campaign. Didn't try with the other campaigns yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Edited by 50.cal

I used to get this a lot, and I never really tracked down the culprit. Perhaps it is the Lost Key as I haven't had the problem for a while, and I haven;t used the Lost Key for a while! Quitting back to the main screen (and not Arma itself) was always a fix for me. As I said - I haven't seen it in a while. Try without the Lost Key and see if you still get it.