Sign in to follow this  
Requiem007

In Need of help:Triggering weapons to spawn on the ground

Hello,

I've been a novice editor since the early Arma 1 days, but recently I decided to try out some script commands etc. I've figured out some things but not others. One thing I am really dying to figure out is to have a trigger activation by blufor create weapons on the ground, say an AK_74 and RPG7. I've looked through the search feature on this forum and the forever-helpful Mr. Murray's editing and found exactly what I was looking for, but got confused by it, specifically the Ari1 and [x,y,z] parts. Here is what the guide suggested at chapter.section 5.45

Ari1="D30" createVehicle [x,y,z]

What would be ideal, in my opinion. blufor activating a trigger, weapons spawn on the ground at a marker, those weapons are able to be picked up.

Here's one of the methods I was trying, taken pretty much straight out of Mr. Murray's Guide. On Act.

Ari1="AK_74" createVehicle [0,0,0]

I've also something like... On Act.

createvehicle (getmarkerpos "cache")

but to no avail.

Hopefully I've conveyed my troubles so they can be read and understood easily, but if not I could post pictures and try to go into greater details. If you have any insight on what I could do to fulfill by having weapons spawn on the ground through trigger activation all help is welcome. Thank you for your time.

try putting this in:

Ari1="AK_74" createVehicle [getmarkerpos "cash" select 0,getmarkerpos "cash" select 1,0]

Sometimes ArmA insist of placing objects underground so you might need

Ari1 setPosAtl [getpos Ari1 select 0, getpos Ari1 select 1,getpos Ari1 select 2]; 

Edited by shay_gman