Sign in to follow this  
Robster

How to set lights all over the airport runway?

Hi fellows!

After a few weeks of hard work I have gotten basic installment of my own version for Easter Island as you may see on attached pics...

I've drawn airport runway and set landing coords. Now automatic landing is working but I haven't done any successful test with AI dealing with taking off... I am not sure how to do it... (and I don't know anything about making missions... )

I set UTM coords on south hemisphere

I used Sky Remove Addon from VTE mod to get a clear horizon but before I had to fix some minor issues with alpha channels on paa files... Thanks Snake!

I did some textures and used some beautiful ones from Bushlurker... if he doesn't mind... ;) but thanks anyway Bush!!!

And now I want to put those night lights all over the airport runway, so:

1.- Can anyone tell me where those ArmA2 airport runway lights are?

2.- Does anybody knows about an automatic and/or an accurate method to set these lights???... I have seen VIS3 Avenue script but I ignore know how to use it and I am not sure if it can do this particular job...

I need those lights to take place on my airport bearing 118 degrees with proper alignment and distance between each other...

This airport is longer than usual because it is prepared to receive NASA Space Shuttles... no joke! That's what Prozac told me a few days ago. BTW Prozac is a senior member of my squad who's a commercial pilot ... and he knows Easter Island airport... (and the whole world I guess XD)

Anyway... here are some pics, cheers!

63890643.jpg

41827823.jpg

68646397.jpg

55395074.jpg

Edited by Robster

There is, AFAIK, no easy method for placing those lights.

I have been using the ca\buildings\misc\runway_edgelight.p3d for the lights that define the runways and also the p3ds for the papi ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi.p3d

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi_2.p3d

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi_3.p3d

ca\buildings\misc\runway_papi_4.p3d

Hope it helps

Now you only need a good Moai model. I think someone was working on one of those a couple months ago

by the way the use of the AVENUE script is good for me.

I've placed an invisible road in the middle of the runway (useful for clutter removal too) and set the lights playing with distance parameter of the avenue script until i've found a satisfactory distance.

Hope it helps

Now you only need a good Moai model. I think someone was working on one of those a couple months ago

Surely this will help a lot, many thanks!

I have a basic Moai model and I am thinking to make some variations on it, regarding some eroded ones and a little bit closer to the real ones...

It will be a hard task anyhow...

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

by the way the use of the AVENUE script is good for me.

I've placed an invisible road in the middle of the runway (useful for clutter removal too) and set the lights playing with distance parameter of the avenue script until i've found a satisfactory distance.

It certanly should work for me... so i'll give it a try... for no clutter I drew all roads on the mask (took road network from an SVG -sort of vector- file and paint upon a layer) and defined no clutter for that color as you may see on the first pic above

Thank you so much for your outstanding piece of software... already place about 35000 - 45000 bushes in a rush... awesome!!!

I did some textures and used some beautiful ones from Bushlurker... if he doesn't mind... but thanks anyway Bush!!!

If they're from that old falklands source pack then they're from my early texture/nopx-experiment days and are likely to just be modified Cherno textures anyway - except "urban" or "pineforest" if they were in there... either way - you're welcome to use them - credit BIS, not me...

for no clutter I drew all roads on the mask (took road network from an SVG -sort of vector- file and paint upon a layer) and defined no clutter for that color as you may see on the first pic above

Thats the way! do that for runway as well, and any other areas you want no clutter... add the same layer to your actual Sat_lco as well - fill it with a sortof dull grey - makes your roads and runway visible at distance in-game, even when you're too far away for the models themselves to show...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

@ Bush: Thanks to you and Bis, then...

As this island has many paths with no asphalt on them I painted a mask road with beige color (that I took from the original sat pic) and then applied this layer with some gaussian blur over sat_lco to get a smooth transition on ground colors... and that is how I came to first pic above...

As you noted, grayish color was applied to airport area as it looks better from distance...

Best Regards!

Edited by Robster