Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Patches everywhere..concise instructions needed.

I know the moderators post when patches become available but with all combination's out there , re-installing can be a mass of confusion.

Took me ages to figure this out (and it seems to be right) searching the forums and all the posts..so FYI

If you have :

ArmA2 - install ArmA2 then patch to 1.05,1.07 then 1.08

ArmA2 Co : install ArmA2/OA then patch to 1.05 , 1.07 , 1.54 , 1.55

ArmA2 CO/BAF install ArmA2/OA then patch to 1.05 , 1.07 1.54,install BAF expansion then 1.55 then BAF 1.01

My brain hurts.....

Maybe a mod or developer could verify the process and sticky and lock something concise like this that can be updated as more patches are released.

And it's only going to get more confusing as additional content is released.

BTW - maybe it should stay in the "general" section as well as that's the first place people seem to come to , as well as making the title intuitive and relevant (ie Installing and Patching Order) so the search engine can easily find it.

Second this request with an add-on;

With the apparent challenges the latest patch (1.55) has brought, maybe an all-clear that the issues seen in the latest patch have been fixed and its good to upgrade beyond 1.54?

While I haven't read every post on the latest post, I am impressed overall with Arma players who haven't resorted to name-calling or torrents about the problems with the latest patch. Think it shows the level iof maturity and understanding from the player-base that BI is just trying to improve thier game with strange things sometimes happenng to good people:D

If you have :

ArmA2 - install ArmA2 then patch to 1.05,1.07 then 1.08

ArmA2 Co : install ArmA2/OA then patch to 1.05 , 1.07 , 1.54 , 1.55

ArmA2 CO/BAF install ArmA2/OA then patch to 1.05 , 1.07 1.54,install BAF expansion then 1.55 then BAF 1.01

Kinda?

You have it confused. They have simplified it to 1 patch for each.

Arma2 only = 1.08 A2 patch

Operation Arrowhead / Comined Ops = 1.55OA patch

BAF = 1.01 which comes packed inside 1.55 anyway, but then install 1.01 hotfix version (standalone BAF 1.01) for BAF after install of 1.55 (if you have BAF that is).

You dont need to use incremental installs as you mentioned, even that would drive me nuts.

I really don't know what is complicated or even confusing in a line saying

Arma 2 Update 1.00-1.07 to 1.08