dslyecxi

Dslyecxi's MH-6 Practice Scenario

Oh ok, didn't tried to get out / in to repair the helo :D

But Respawning would be still good (if possible) :)

Thank you for this mission Dslyecxi. For all those who look for tactical knowledge and skill you are most precious member of this society.

By the way, how exactly you made your AI pilot to flight so good? Is there special script for it?

Is there a reason that when I choose training mode: fly with and select a mission that has a starting point on the ground I end up spawning in 10 feet above the ground. The fall happens before my power kicks in and ends up damaging the helicopter. I can get out and get back in it to have full repair, but then the lead bird is already gone.

Any thoughts?

Is there a reason that when I choose training mode: fly with and select a mission that has a starting point on the ground I end up spawning in 10 feet above the ground. The fall happens before my power kicks in and ends up damaging the helicopter. I can get out and get back in it to have full repair, but then the lead bird is already gone.

Any thoughts?

This "shouldn't" happen due to how the mission works. Provided that your helo is powered on and rotors are spinning (as it defaults at the start), as soon as you 'prep' a course it will place you in the starting position and disable simulation of the helo, effectively freezing you in place.

I have heard of someone having your issue before; for them, the problem was that:

Looks like my issue was related to my joystick. Folks with a joystick that has a built in throttle control may be subject to similar issues during low altitude exercises only.

By the way, how exactly you made your AI pilot to flight so good? Is there special script for it?

Dslyecxi, you mentioned the BIS record-a-path. What is that? Can you pass along some information? I'm interested in recording my own helo paths for movies.

Thanks for the fantastic mission. Very informative and super frickin fun!

EDIT: never mind, found it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101421&highlight=unitcapture+unitplay

Edited by Feint

The functions are:

BIS_fnc_UnitPlay

BIS_fnc_UnitCapture

You can find out how to use them by using the BIS_fnc_help function and reading about those two. Depbo'ing my mission should give you some idea as well.

Hi,

this video tutorial about UnitPlay and UnitCapture

helped me a lot to understand how it works:

ryB20wQhSr0

ePszdYfMRvc

Thank you for your attention,

r:g

Edited by radical.ghost

Fantastic work Dslyecxi, really.

I'm practicing roof landing for a while now, but dmn I'm jealous of your skills man. :p

Are you using the default key assignment for your flights?

I'm already good at some of this (fast slides, for example), but doing things like descending fast, all I know how to do is tip the heli on its nose/tail or hold S.

Ride Along, Fly With, I end up in copilot seat.

I'm in the pilot's seat ... flying. I select Fly With. I select a mission. Bang, copilot.

Edited by Tremblay

Ride Along, Fly With, I end up in copilot seat.

I'm in the pilot's seat ... flying. I select Fly With. I select a mission. Bang, copilot.

Can't repro that here, works fine for me.

NB: Have now de-selected all mods. (Had been running w/very plain vanilla set, CBA and STHud and such.)

Okay, it wasn't "co-pilot inevitably". But it's still odd.

Problem: FlyWith occurs having selected RideAlong.

Which actually is an improvement.

http://www.bentrem.sycks.net/images/ArmA2OA-4FEB2011-12-27-55-98.wmv

Clip 1: RideAlong selected. FlyWith appears in menu ... I am in RideAlong mode, no? But I'm pilot. (First try at this. Results are not glorious.)

Clip 2 at 0:58 ... again, FlyWith is in menu. Again, pilot.

Clip 3 at 2:02 ... FlyWith selected; RideAlong in menu. Co-pilot.

----

Restarted game. RideAlong in menu. But am flying co-pilot.

RideAlong selected. FlyWith in menu. Pilot.

----

Restarted game w/plain vanilla mods.

Same results. But usuable. So I'm happy.

Edited by Tremblay

Nice mission. One more good manoeuvre could be good to practice - circling around an object with nose facing the object.

The original link works fine, it has never stopped working since it was published, since it is hosted by its creator https://dslyecxi.com which still works like the first day, so you have a problem with your browser.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:37 PM, dalber24 said:

The original link works fine, it has never stopped working since it was published, since it is hosted by its creator https://dslyecxi.com which still works like the first day, so you have a problem with your browser, anyway I have reuploaded it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bb1w4h6c3q66dy3/dsl_mh6_practice_1-1.7z/file

My man you are my hero. You are right, it's probably a browser thing, I tried latest chrome and edge so I'll that in mind, thank you very much my friend!

PS: The link says the file is private, could you please open access to it?

2nd PS: NM my friend, I just downloaded using firefox developer edition, worked just fine, you were right!

Edited by DonJuan247
SOLVED!

7 hours ago, DonJuan247 said:

My man you are my hero. You are right, it's probably a browser thing, I tried latest chrome and edge so I'll that in mind, thank you very much my friend!

PS: The link says the file is private, could you please open access to it?

2nd PS: NM my friend, I just downloaded using firefox developer edition, worked just fine, you were right!

yes, I removed the download, sorry, it's just that later I read that @dslyecxi didn't want any mirror, so to correct my mistake I removed it, anyway the original link is working, I can't leave a mirror against the wishes of the author.

I'm glad you were able to fix the problem with your browser.