sander

BAF coop mission pack

Thanks for the comments

---

Version 1.7 brings the total of included coops to 26 with the addition of two new missions.

New files:

co05_baf_satchel_mouth.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_section_mark.Takistan.pbo

Satchel Mouth has a small team of British troops destroy Chedaki artillery and air defences

Section Mark features the capture of an enemy commander by a British infantry section

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Static charge was a beast...well done, sir. great set up. I coundnt be a bigger fan of getting smoked by a zu23 you think cant see you.

2qn1fv9.jpg

Edited by katdogfizzow
too big pic size

Thanks for your comments, but that mission is actually part of one of the other coop packs.

---

Version 1.8 brings the total of coop missions to 28 with the addition of 2 new ones. Various existing missions have been adapted to include minor fixes.

New files:

co08_baf_back_to_front.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_belt_fed_up.Takistan.pbo

Back To Front has a British infantry section seize the village of Mogilevka and defend it against counterattack while awaiting reinforcement by mechanised forces

Belt Fed Up features an attack by a British support section on an insurgent held area in order to destroy heavy weapons and gather intelligence

Current version

Regards,

Sander

Hello Sander,

keep up the good work!

To my mind its one of the best i´ve ever played.

Thanks for doing a great job!!:)

Best regards

McLupo

Version 1.9 adds two new missions for a grand total of 30 BAF coops.

New files:

co08_baf_lager_louts.Chernarus.pbo

co16_baf_uncommon_multiple.Chernarus.pbo

Lager Louts features a nocturnal raid in order to destroy enemy armour and mortars

Uncommon Multiple has a mixed force raiding the town of Elektrozavodsk to achieve the destruction of various targets

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.0 adds two new missions to bring the total number up to 32 BAF coops.

New files:

co06_baf_contact_men.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_half_inched.Takistan.pbo

Contact Men has a British patrol eliminating an enemy checkpoint and liberating villagers seized by insurgents

Half Inched features the defence of an outpost by a British infantry section

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for these excellent missions. Have been thoroughly enjoying them, as well as those from the Takistan coop pack. :)

The newer ones seem to have upped the stakes a bit, resulting in some fantastic firefights...and scary surprises. lol!

I look forward to any future missions. Now, back to Ad Lib Dems for me. :)

Thanks for your feedback.

---

Version 2.1 contains four new missions to bring the total of included coops to 36 as well as a few updates to existing missions.

New files:

co08_baf_no_quarter_section.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_trackless_forest.Chernarus.pbo

co10_baf_instrumental_track.Takistan.pbo

co18_baf_multiple_collision.Chernarus.pbo

No quarter section has a patrol eliminating guerilla fighters from two villages

Trackless Forest features an infantry section ambushing enemy armour before clearing defences and striking a command post

Instrumental Track has an armoured infantry section clearing insurgent fighters from Mulladost

Multiple Collision has a multiple inserted in enemy territory to block the advance of enemy armour

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

The BAF coop mission pack has been updated to 2.2 and contains four new missions to bring the total of coops to 40. In addition to the added missions minor alterations were made to an existing coop.

New files:

co06_baf_qala_bash.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_metal_bashing.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_pass_raid.Takistan.pbo

co09_baf_exchange_raid.Zargabad.pbo

Qala Bash features a raid on a Scud battery by a British patrol

Metal Bashing has an infantry section tasked with destroying Russian armoured reserves before securing a village

Pass Raid features an operation by an airmobile squad to locate and destroy insurgent weapons and ammunition

Exchange Raid has British forces intervene to prevent the delivery of chemical agents to a militant organisation

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

I love this co op pack, I play them mostly in singleplayer though. excellent work (particularly the briefings) and thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for your comments.

With the release of Kolgujev in the CWR2 thread one can also get three additional missions for the British Armed Forces DLC set on the island.

BAF Kolgujev missions

Content:

co08_baf_covered_way.cain.pbo

Coop mission for up to 8 players in a single squad. Requires Combined Operations 1.59, CWR2 Kolgujev and BAF - DLC.

A British infantry section is to clear an enemy position before capturing a village and holding it against counterattack.

co08_baf_cache_strapped.cain.pbo

Coop mission for up to 8 players in a single squad. Requires Combined Operations 1.59, CWR2 Kolgujev and BAF - DLC.

A British commando unit is inserted on Kolgujev in order to destroy caches of MANPADS and eliminating a commander before being extracted.

co10_baf_advance_track.cain.pbo

Coop mission for up to 10 players in a single squad. Requires Combined Operations 1.59, CWR2 Kolgujev and BAF - DLC.

A British armoured infantry section has to assault enemy defences, defeat an armoured counterpush and proceed to secure a command post.

Regards,

Sander

Just wanted to let you know that we played Contact Men last Wed and it exceeded my expectations. It epitomised everything we like;

* realistic objectives (no destroy AA site, sink carrier, regime change missions)

* authentic briefing

* small squads (our clan rarely exceeds 6)

* no re-spawn (except as within remaining AI)

* realistic number of enemy (no "Zulus!")

We got royally shafted to start with before changing our tactics. We finished it on our 3rd attempt. Just one slight irritation, once we'd freed the 2 hossies, 1 refused to board our extraction vehicle. Instead he kept prone. Despite our best efforts, he didn't change his attitude until we'd plugged a lone sniper half a mile away. It just didn't seem very realistic. I can understand that he was scared. In which case a little hint would help, e.g. "No Britisher! I cannot! I'm afraid of death! Can you not see them? They continue to hunt us!" or something or other!

Thanks for the feed back.

The AI behaviour is not directly controlled by the mission. A workaround is to equip the freed villagers with a weapon, preferably a rifle instead of a sidearm, because unarmed individuals seem to be much more loath to adopt a crouched or upright stance than armed characters. There ought to be a few dead enemies lying close by which could provide the firearms for the liberated AI. Generally it appears that having a rifle in their hands makes AI seem more responsive to the commands one uses as a squad leader to get there where you want them (setting them to safe or aware, ordering them to stand up etc).

Regards,

Sander

Glad you appreciated my (constructive) criticism. You pretty much confirmed my suspicions. In fact during the mission I tried to arm the hossies but couldn't work out how. Isn't it 6 (Action) and then something else? BTW we were running Robalo's fantastic AI Rearming mod, so maybe that borked it... Indeed I was hoping the mod would encourage the hossies to grab a rifle of their own initiative.

The 2.3 version of the coop pack has minor alterations for existing missions and five new ones to bring the total to 45.

New files included:

co05_baf_explosive_issue.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_para_site.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_post_grad.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_striking_angles.Chernarus.pbo

co10_baf_warrior_scarlet.Zargabad.pbo

Explosive Issue features a small scale raid to destroy weapons of British manufacture.

Para Site has a paratrooper section investigate an observation post in a known militant hotbed.

Post Grad features a nocturnal raid to destroy a Russian coastal artillery position.

Striking Angles has a light infantry section clearing obstacles before a joint attack on an airfield.

Warrior Scarlet features an attack by an armoured infantry section to clear a path through enemy defences.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Three new missions bring the total of coops in the pack to 48. In addition to the new coops there has also been a minor change to an existing mission.

New files:

co06_baf_fire_patrol.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_groundbait.Chernarus.pbo

co08_baf_men_about_town.Zargabad.pbo

Fire Patrol has a British patrol ambush enemy vehicles and destroy a cache.

Groundbait features an attack by British paratroopers to draw out enemy armour.

Men about Town has British infantry detain two insurgent commanders.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Hi sander !

I see you say that ArmA2 would be requiered (or CO in this case).

But is ArmA2 (or CO) needed if we only want to play the Takistan and Zergabad Coop missions ?

Because they were created using Combined Operations (Arma II in combination with Operation Arrowhead) I do not vouch for missions to work under OA only, though most of them will probably present no problem. A quick check of the requiredaddon list reveals that a couple contain objects from Arma II and would not work (BAF - Qala Bash (co06), BAF - Pull-out Section (co08) and BAF - Union Carjack (co08), some replacable by OA content, but that would be for the next update). If you encounter a problem with any of the other missions on Takistan, Zargabad, Shapur or Desert please report the mission and message and I'll see if an alteration can be made to make it fully compatible, though no guarantee.

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.5 of the BAF coop pack contains several updates for existing files and two new missions to bring the total of included coops to 50.

New files:

co10_baf_perimeter_track.Chernarus.pbo

co16_baf_multiple_regression.Takistan.pbo

Perimeter Track has an armoured infantry section defeat Russian attacks from multiple directions.

Multiple Regression features an attack by an airmobile multiple to seize and hold a town overrun by insurgents.

Download current version

Full details of the readme are reproduced in the top post of the thread.

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.6 contains minor updates to several existing missions as well as four new ones to bring the total of included coops to 54.

New files:

co06_baf_y_bother.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_c_section.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_right_track.Takistan.pbo

co08_baf_technical_issues.Chernarus.pbo

Description:

Y Bother has a British patrol retrieve captured equipment and delivering it back to base.

C Section features the defence of a village against militant attacks in expectation of reinforcement.

Right Track has an armoured infantry section picking up a soldier at a patrol base in order to get him to the airfield.

Technical Issues features a raid by light infantry to destroy vehicles with crew served weapons in preparation for the arrival of peacekeeping troops.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

BAF Fire Patrol (co06)

All task completed but heli won't take off.

Dedicated server and all clients on build 86122.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I take it that the reports refer to these sessions:

http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/4224781

http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/4224479

The string for the server expansion settings lists the following mod folders: Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite), Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite), A2CO, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2, beta, Expansion, NoPryl of Norway.

It is important that any error report contains a full description of custom content, such as addons, running. Some addons can break default content or alter AI behavour significantly (eg with Zeus AI the bots are taking inordinate amounts of time to complete any move waypoints) and therefore this is a requirement for proper problem determination. The name of the mod folder NoPryl of Norway suggests that this folder may contain custom content. Could you specify which addons are in there?

The duration for the Short Work mission seems to be normal and judging by the numbers the unit reached Kakaru. The delay in the arrival of the Bradley is normal, it should arrive 5-10 minutes after the start of the mission so the players either have to fight off the enemy from their compromised position, or be devious and sneak off to a different waiting position where they can choose to attack by fire or sit tight till they can board the Bradley. The late arrival is by design to allow the enemy to cause minor inconvenience to the player group by either inflicting casualties or letting them waste their available ammunition load.

With regard to Fire Patrol I see that one group member died which leads me to suspect that some default AI behaviour peculiarity might be in play that has been a feature in BI games for a long time. As the chopper is instructed in the waypoint to wait till the entire squad is on board, it is necessary that the death of the team member is acknowledged. This can be done using the report status option (group leader issuing a 5, 5 order) which should then be followed by the confirmation of a death ("oh ... no ..., two ... is ... down"). Only when the latter has happened the AI will magically understand that the number of squad members is lower than the original and will act accordingly. In this case there will be a sidechat message about the patrol being all aboard and any surviving loadmasters that provided local security will board the Wildcat before the aircraft lifts off. If the death is not yet acknowledged AI is not aware of the event and is waiting for another group member that will not show up on account of his demise.

Regards,

Sander

reported in the other thread.

EDIT:

Found this in the servers RPT-file

2011/11/06, 20:45:36 Error in expression <cur_mp.Takistan\briefing.sqf"

task3a = alpha1 createSimpleTask ["Extract by hel>
2011/11/06, 20:45:36   Error position: <alpha1 createSimpleTask ["Extract by hel>
2011/11/06, 20:45:36   Error Undefined variable in expression: alpha1

EDIT2:

For co06_baf_stalin_organ_grinders I found this:

2011/11/06, 20:24:41 Error in expression <ur_mp.Desert_E\briefing.sqf"

task3a = victor1 createSimpleTask ["Fall back"];
>
2011/11/06, 20:24:41   Error position: <victor1 createSimpleTask ["Fall back"];
>
2011/11/06, 20:24:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: victor1

May not mean anything, but since it's in the RPT-file I thought I should tell you.

Same goes for co06_baf_y_bother and "bravo5" task

Edited by NoBrainer

Those rpt messages are due to the fact that the mentioned units are not taken up by either players or AI. and therefore the briefing for those units cannot be created at that time. They do not affect the progress of the mission.

---

Version 2.7 of the BAF coop pack adds two new missions to bring the total to 56. In addition to the new coops an existing mission was adapted.

co08_baf_jackal_and_hides.Takistan.pbo

co10_baf_takistan_and_laurels.Takistan.pbo

Jackal and Hides has a motorised recce patrol locate and destroy a SAM launcher as well as gathering intelligence and eliminating heavy weapons.

Takistan and Laurels features an airmobile unit tasked with the destruction of enemy caches and the delivery of essential equipment to a base.

Current version

Regards,

Sander

Hello Sander,

big thx for those great missions. I like basically everything about them, especially their realistic feeling created through your briefings etc.

takistan_and_laurels is my/our favourite, any chance to get more of those chopper/infantery mixed stuff???

Cheers!