Sign in to follow this  
jonstyle

De PBOing the BAF missions

Has anybody been able to do this? Would love to play with the campaign/missions in he editor.

As far as I know Jon BAF content cannot be depboed. Which is a terrible shame because Id love to know how they did some of the stuff in the BAF missions. Like the chopper tail rotor going out, and the random missions in the merlin.

Shot themsleves in the foot really.

As far as I know Jon BAF content cannot be depboed. Which is a terrible shame because Id love to know how they did some of the stuff in the BAF missions. Like the chopper tail rotor going out, and the random missions in the merlin.

!Money!

It's a shame because I'd like to see how some of the missions were wrote as well.

you can. it's just the header that is different, it's not really encrypted iirc... so if you know what to do..

if you want to take out the tail rotor then heliname setHit ["mala vrtule", 1];

Actually, you can unpack the "light" versions of the mission pbos - they don't have the special header. Just go to the Common folder in your main A2 directory and use Eliteness to extract them.

BIS should release editor-friendly versions of them at least. Like no VOs, just bare missions and scripts.

I'm interested in knowing how Merlin mission works as well.

Eliteness can unpack only Light pbos. It will say the the header is wrong with encrypted ones and do nothing.

Eliteness can unpack only Light pbos. It will say the the header is wrong with encrypted ones and do nothing.

And? we don't need to unpack the full PBOs. The light ones have the missions quite fine.

And? we don't need to unpack the full PBOs. The light ones have the missions quite fine.

Have you been able to load the depboed mission in the mission file?

No need to depbo them. If you want to know how something is done, ask in the mission editing forums and you will get help.

No need to depbo them. If you want to know how something is done, ask in the mission editing forums and you will get help.

lil smartass....

The point is that the OFP community was able to develop itself in new addons, campaigns missions etc coz the game was modding friendly.

Same to ArmA1.

Since BAF u can´t learn anymore from the original files, what just breaks the the development of the Comm. I can understand that the model are locked.

But the missions and even in PMC,which campaign is available to everybody,should be acessable and loadable in the mission editor.

Most of the missions are missing a mission.sqm, so you can't really load them. However you can take a look at scripts etc.