Sign in to follow this  
Altimeter

Looking for a good roleplay server (Like Chernarus Life)

Hey, I quite liked the "roleplay" versions of early ArmA, also known as "Sharani Life" and later "Chernarus Life".

However I wasnt able to find a similar gamemode for OA / CO. I know there is a server called "Zargabad Life", but its absolut bollocks. Every evening all the server admins come online to form a gang and "take over the city", which means the will randomly shoot at every Civillian and Cop in sight, and if you are actually able to kill one of them you get kicked.

Is there a more mature community out there which provides a similar experience like the old Sahrani Life / Chernarus Life?

Hey, I quite liked the "roleplay" versions of early ArmA, also known as "Sharani Life" and later "Chernarus Life".

However I wasnt able to find a similar gamemode for OA / CO. I know there is a server called "Zargabad Life", but its absolut bollocks. Every evening all the server admins come online to form a gang and "take over the city", which means the will randomly shoot at every Civillian and Cop in sight, and if you are actually able to kill one of them you get kicked.

Is there a more mature community out there which provides a similar experience like the old Sahrani Life / Chernarus Life?

You mean the "Tactical Combat Gaming" server. Ya you can actually have some fun on it during the early hours, but as soon as you see the head admin come online (Brice or something) you might as well log off. :rolleyes::D

To answer your question, check out "City Life RPG". It was offline for a while, but should be working again now. Lots of good RP there, no douchebags, its very similar to SL and CL. But you need TS3 to register and play.

Try Chernarus Life Ultimate. Its not as strict as City Life and there is a stat save there, too.

The Problem with all Zargabad Life Servers in comparisson with Chernarus or Sahrani Life Server is the relativly small size of Zargabad.

On the one hand, with good players it means more focused action. But with douchebags and tinycocks like the "TCG"-admins it just means that you cant evade them.

When some asshole turned up on Charnarus Life you just drove to another town. Now in Zargabad Life, there is only one major town, and when someone decides to run amok in it youre pretty much fucked.

Hi Alti, we have a couple of really keen campaign mission writers in our team. We are planning weekday campaign ops following on from a series of campaign missions we did on our main Sunday game. The civilian population and campaign aspects of the situation are role played. We have a tactical approach to teamplay as well. Feel free to check us out at www.gol-clan.net and click the join us button for more info.

I remember this! Happened to me a few times and it's really funny because all the admins use hacks, then kick you for getting them.

Chernarus Life Ultimate is up and running, and runs off CO, (if your in steam and have OA, launch OA, then filter for Chernarus Life). They just did some tweaks and reset everything, so its a god time for new players.

Its alot of fun, and saves server stats, equip etc. Seems to have most peeps on during Euro prime, could use more in NA timezones, (when I play). They have a TS3 server too you can join, (cops are req to use this - if admin on).

Grief cops seem to come on once a while in NA timezone - you can tell those types because they dont have cars (spend all start money on guns). Running them over with a tractor usually does the trick, they die, lose everything, then quit.

Chernarus Life Ultimate is up and running, and runs off CO, (if your in steam and have OA, launch OA, then filter for Chernarus Life). They just did some tweaks and reset everything, so its a god time for new players.

Its alot of fun, and saves server stats, equip etc. Seems to have most peeps on during Euro prime, could use more in NA timezones, (when I play). They have a TS3 server too you can join, (cops are req to use this - if admin on).

Grief cops seem to come on once a while in NA timezone - you can tell those types because they dont have cars (spend all start money on guns). Running them over with a tractor usually does the trick, they die, lose everything, then quit.

Hate to burst your bubble but cops dont loose anything on CLU :)

Anyways,

We've had alot more issues in the past few days and the server is no longer accepting new players, its been passworded untill the hacker bullshit is sorted.

More info @ RP-Mods Forum

Try the TeamDeadly Zargabad Life server. Been playing on there for a few days now and the admins are all cool and it's overall a very good server. (The notes section makes a mention of the TCG site, but they're not related - it's just because they haven't modified the default comments that come with the mod.)

We had some awesome times earlier when a bunch of civilians (that outnumbered us) tried to take over the town and kill all cops by bringing BTRs, RPGs, grenade launchers, sniper rifles - pretty much every weapon you can think of. We quickly coordinated a counter-attack and sniped all their BTR gunners, then disabled them by shooting the wheels. We were completely outnumbered but teamwork saved the day. The best part was afterwards when a civilian said "so how'd you like our demonstration of our magic new vehicle?" and someone responded "I loved that demonstration of sniping your gunner." that was hilarious.

Edited by eddieck

Hey, we are a island life server we do some extreme RP, so if you love RP come join us at RRCgaming.com, join our TS at ts24.gameservers.com:9223, we run a great community come join be a civ, all the cops are mature and respectful to all players. Come have fun!

I am the co-owner of a brand new community called Defensive Gaming. You can look up one of our promo videos on YouTube! Here is the name.

Defensive Gaming Official Life Server and Community Grand Opening! [Arma 2]

Or you can connect to out TeamSpeak 3: 69.65.43.91:10277

Hope to see you guys soon!