Sign in to follow this  
ACPL Jon

[REQ] v1.54 downgrade patch

Hello. This one is aimed at BIS guys (tho You should show them I'm not the only guy who wants it)

Your new patch, v1.55 have broken the game, it has been reported by many people. Random crashes, lousy performance, things not working how they should - You know the song. The problem is, we don't know how, nor when - You plan to fix things up so the game is PLAYABLE again.

So dear BIS, please. Give us all, before PMC (or Christmas) a nice new patch - a v1.55-v1.54 downgrade, making ArmA 2 what it has been before the bugpatch no.55, so we can play again and have fun instead of frustration.

Please.

Edited by JonPL

Why can't you just re-install the game?

30th Nov 2010 PMC DLC Will come with patch 1.56, just deal with it for 2 weeks.

The time it takes to post this and wait for an answer you could have reinstalled and patched back up to 1.54 already. If the performance is so bad why don't you just do that?

Not trying to be rude by any means, I'm just offering a suggestion...

I'd rather see BIS keep concentrating on going forwards instead of backwards.

Mosh, I thought of it but hey - making a downgrade patch can't be THAT much work I guess.

I can reinstall the game, You can reinstall the game, but telling about 30 or more people to reinstall the game + the need to upload old version on the server, just to upload new in 2 or more weeks... well. And I'm sure as hell, we're not the only coop squad that'd go through it. Plus there's many more people that need it, don't You think it'd be a nice option?

Really, it can't be that much effort, k?

Edited by JonPL

Really, it can't be that much effort, k?

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard, but I'm damned positive it would be time consuming. Time that would be better spent going forward with more patches and the PMC DLC than rolling back.

don't think BIS should spent (not to say waste) ressources in programming "downgrade patches". Sure, many of us are complaining about issues with latest build(s), but the number of people who don't experience problems must be high enough, I guess, for BIS to concentrate on progress, not on spending time & money for "downgrade patches" (as said above: reinstall is what you can do, always, by yourself, and this is a solution in case you have troubles)

I'm sure, the number of people who dont recently experience losses in any ways is by far higher than number of people who are complaining.

I don't really need a poll for that, but maybe this could bring some clarification ...

No losses on my side with new builds, btw

Edited by langgis08

Well, good for You guys! I wish I had my game playable (like ~30-40 FPS @ v1.54), as well as my ~13 collegues + many more people I know from Polish scene. You can see people moaning here too... but yeah, everything's fine, You've got no problems (<- i still can hardly belive it) so everything's ok. ArmAholics from around the world can always reinstall their games, do they?

Right. Mod, please lock the topic when walking by.

Edited by JonPL

When patching you accept that once patched you cannot roll back to previous versions unless you reinstall. It is a pop-up you have to accept in order for the patch to install. If you wish to downgrade to 1.54, then that is what you'll have to do.