Sign in to follow this  
GeneralCarver

GeneralCarver Revive Script

Compatiability:

ArmA 2: OA/ ArmA 2: Combined Ops

Features..

This is a simple revive script. When a player is killed they will respawn in place and be placed into the laying prone animation to await revive.

The player can be revived by another player. Use the "Revive" action in your action menu.

When a player is revived, they will be slightly injured and may or may not be able to walk (recommend adding medic in missions)

Script is entirely client-side, no public variables or network traffic to manage (works by basically "watching" other unit's animation state).

The script is NOT compatible with friendly AI.

Script preserves player's gear, backpack and backpack contents.

Old dead body is deleted.

Not recommended for use with BI Medical modules.

Recommended for cooperative mission only.

Notes:

If a player repeatedly respawns via his game menu's "Respawn" button, it is possible at times to break the script. I have released the script in spite of this, as I would hope most players are mature enough to avoid "testing" scripts to see how they may abuse them.

Special thanks to the United Operations ArmA 2 community for help testing. (www.unitedoperations.net)

Use:

100% open source. Use or modify this script as needed.

Installation...

1. Copy the scripts directory over to your mission's directory.

2. copy contents of init.sqf into your mission's init.sqf file.

3. Set up your description.ext file in your mission directory with the following lines of code...

respawn = "INSTANT";

respawndelay = 5;

disabledAI=TRUE;

4. Optional init.sqf content...

// create a scripts category

script_diary_index = player createDiarySubject ["scripts","Scripts"];

// create "revive" note under scripts category.

player createDiaryRecord ["scripts", ["Revive", "This script adds a revive respawn system to game play. When players are killed, they will be disabled and lying on the ground awaiting for aid from other players before becoming active again.<br/><br/>Anyone can revive a downed player. To revive a player, simply walk up to their body and use the revive action in your action menu."]];

Download Link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/xQHYKJYY/gc_revive_script.html

(always use this link for most up to date version)

**Note to ArmAholic: I do not give my approval to Armaholic hosting this script at this time. Armaholic admins can contact me via PM to settle the issue at hand.

Edited by GeneralCarver
type-os

Is there a way to make this compatible with AI (friendly and enemy) ?

Would be REALLY awesome if possible !

Cheers

Is there a way to make this compatible with AI (friendly and enemy) ?

Would be REALLY awesome if possible !

Cheers

I'm sure it possible, Norrin does it with his revive script. At this time, I am not interested in converting the script over due to the amount of scripting/time involved.