Sign in to follow this  
Hinkel

FV510 Warrior main cannon

Well, I was just wondering if there is any easy way to set the explosion size to the level of the 25mm or slightly larger?

As it's now it's a 30mm (or 40mm, there is some controversy afaik) cannon that seems to fire HEAT rounds with the explosive payload of a 155mm howitzer... This is a true immersion-breaker as the hit/wounding radius seems to be smaller than the explosion itself... and it looks absolutely retarded.

If there is no quick and easy way to do that, could somebody tell me if BIS is either planning on changing that or if there is some mods available for this already?

Edited by Hinkel

Wrong Section! This should be in ARMA 2 EDITING/SCRIPTING Section Please.

25mm HE is big enough and FV510 is a Light Armored Tank and APC just like the M2A3 Bradley IFV.

If you like the huge explosions please get the Challenger Main Battle Tank [MBT] for the British side

Ok, sorry for the wrong section, could anybody move it please?

And I want SMALLER explosions for the Warrior, not larger...

Well, I was just wondering if there is any easy way to set the explosion size to the level of the 25mm or slightly larger?

As it's now it's a 30mm (or 40mm, there is some controversy afaik) cannon that seems to fire HEAT rounds with the explosive payload of a 155mm howitzer... This is a true immersion-breaker as the hit/wounding radius seems to be smaller than the explosion itself... and it looks absolutely retarded.

If there is no quick and easy way to do that, could somebody tell me if BIS is either planning on changing that or if there is some mods available for this already?

Where is the controversy? What we have in-game represents a proposed future turret for the Warrior armed with a 40mm CTWS cannon. HE projectile weight is over 5 times that of 25mm HE. Now the 40mm was way overpowered, but wasn't this corrected in the latest patch?

Where is the controversy? What we have in-game represents a proposed future turret for the Warrior armed with a 40mm CTWS cannon. HE projectile weight is over 5 times that of 25mm HE. Now the 40mm was way overpowered, but wasn't this corrected in the latest patch?

I know that it has more explosive filler, and the effective kill/wounding radius of the HEAT round is fine, but the fact still remains that it looks just like a 120mm round exploding.

Just try it out, the explosion effect is way larger than the kill radius.

That's what I'm looking for:

Those explosions are not even half the size of the current FV510 cannon.

Edited by Hinkel

make you own mod and write into config something like this

class Sh_40_HE: BulletBase
{
	muzzleEffect = "BIS_Effects_HeavyCaliber";

CraterEffects = "ExploAmmoCrater";
	explosionEffects = "ExploAmmoExplosion";//this is like any othe 30mm shell
/*
or if you want more
	CraterEffects = "GrenadeCrater";
	explosionEffects = "GrenadeExplosion";
*/