Sign in to follow this  
prowler.wolf

Mana Island Fiji

Hi,

I think you may have broken the runway! It now appears to the East of the Island and the Automatic Landing System tries to land you in the sea!

I can do a video if you need, but in the map you can see the runway is to the East of the Island.

Edit ----> Pic of Map - see runway marker on right hand side of the island.

Mana.jpg

Edited by Jedra
Added Picture

I think you may have broken the runway!

Yeah, I have tried everything to get the damn runway back to where it was. Nothing has changed in the islands config and I have re-done it half a dozen times now in attempt to fix it. This problem is beyond me right now and I just didn't want this one issue to hold back the update so I went ahead with release.

Yeah, I have tried everything to get the damn runway back to where it was. Nothing has changed in the islands config and I have re-done it half a dozen times now in attempt to fix it. This problem is beyond me right now and I just didn't want this one issue to hold back the update so I went ahead with release.

Ok, no worries - I am going to try it with Gnat's seaplane - if it works, you can say you put it there on purpose!!

EDIT ---> Lol, well done mate - you just created Arma's first water based runway - video uploading now...

Automated landing at Mana's new sea based airport.

Z6i32hnoZPI

Edited by Jedra
added video

@ prowler.wolf

Please don't overwrite the global water color.

You can assign a custom one per world.

Look at the CWR2 Desert world or Lingor to see how it is done.

To get rid of the airport you need to disable it:

class SecondaryAirports {};

Because I'm such a newbie at making addons, I am releasing v1.2 of Mana which adds the following fixes. (last one, I promise!)

• Fixed water overwriting BI islands
  • Removed second runway in the ocean
  • Adjusted ambient sound volumes

Thanks goes out to PVPScene for pointing out the error of my ways. Here is the new download link and I'll go ahead and update the first post with the changes.

Download Mana Island 1.2

http://goo.gl/scG6I (multiupload.com)

thanks a lot for the quick update mate!

Excellent - I now think you should consider a water based runway on the Island though - perfect for Sea Planes.

I love this island by the way - made a few missions here!

Updated on Six Updater.

337.74 KB delta.

sent 337.74K bytes received 62.19K bytes 88.87K bytes/sec

total size is 73.23M speedup is 183.10

When I try to load this map in the editor I get a message "No entry bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/plr_mana.Lighting". I have African Foliage v1.24 and this addon both installed as mod folders under steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead.

When I try to play the map in the Armory, the game crashes to desktop with the message "Arma 2 CO has stopped working"!

I'm running Arma 2 CO, BAF, PMC. Please help!

Edited by Zettai Baka

Are you sure you had CO running? Is Utes/Chernarus selectable?

Are you sure you had CO running? Is Utes/Chernarus selectable?

I had Operation Arrowhead running from a desktop shortcut in which modfolders are added as targets. Utes/Chernarus is not selectable -- I thought those were only selectable in vanilla Arma 2?

My understanding is that you need to start up ArmA 2 vanilla to play Utes/Chernarus and ArmA 2 OA to play the Takistan/Zargabad/etc maps. I wanted to use this map with Operation Arrowhead so I started up that. Am I doing something wrong?

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

PvPscene, after reading your post I was wondering what you meant by having "CO running". I thought CO was just shorthand for ArmA 2 vanilla + ArmA 2 OA and that there was no such thing as "launching CO". Then I questioned my understanding and looked for a way to launch CO, and found out that there is an option in Steam to launch "ArmA 2: Combined Operations".

Thanks, I bet this solves a host of other problems I had with addons...

Glad to hear mate :)

very VERY nice island. I can enjoy just walking or driving around on it. But obviously I also enjoy fighting on it! :D

Hey prowler.wolf

Just letting you know that we've been playing some Insurgency (great map for it, total chaos) on your map. We noticed that when you re-spawn your submerged into the terrain as if you were under water. It's not a game breaker though.

Just letting you know, not expecting a fix :)

Just figured it would be something to do with the water levels maybe.

Which terrain makers can't change ..... sea is at 0 meters.

No, I doubt this has anything to do with PW's terrain, except maybe Insurgency scripted side effect of most of the island being only a fraction above sea level.